Alright :D

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 11:10 am
Hey, I just saw this place on Google and it looked good. I'm currently doing Philosophy and Religious Ethics at A level in Newcastle. My names Andrew Ramsey, or Ramsey as most call me.

I'm quite interesting in philosophy, it's became almost a passion of mine, I was just wanting to get out there into a community, as not many where I'm from care for the subject. So hopefully I'll get to know you all better soon, and I'll start posting soon too.

No0ne

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 11:23 am
@Ramsey phil,
Welcome to philosophy forum, I insure you that you will find meany thing's here very intresting, and I hope you find meany thing's to share your thought's on.

boagie

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 11:24 am
@Ramsey phil,
Ramsey wrote:
Hey, I just saw this place on Google and it looked good. I'm currently doing Philosophy and Religious Ethics at A level in Newcastle. My names Andrew Ramsey, or Ramsey as most call me.

I'm quite interesting in philosophy, it's became almost a passion of mine, I was just wanting to get out there into a community, as not many where I'm from care for the subject. So hopefully I'll get to know you all better soon, and I'll start posting soon too.

Welcome Ramsey, the third? --just kidding!!!Wink

:)Well, that was my experience for years, I could find few people willing to talk about the big problems, I guess the normal way of dealing with them is to not acknowledge them------how does it feel to be a nerd?? Anyway if your curiousity is still perking, you have found the right place, and one that is pleased to have you as one of their own to boot. Again Welcome Ramsey, relax and make yourself at home.Smile

Justin

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 11:41 am
@Ramsey phil,
Thank you Ramsey for the intro! Nice to have you as a new member and hope to see you get involved in some of the ongoing discussions. Make yourself right at home.

de budding

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 01:06 pm
@boagie,
Welcome Ramsey,
I'm, from Cambridge Smile philosophy aint really too popular here either, but there is plenty here Very Happy. Enjoy,
Dan.

boagie wrote:
Welcome Ramsey, the third? --just kidding!!!Wink
You know of Baron de Ramsey Boagie? Ramsey (the town) is in my county Very Happy

Ramsey phil

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 05:28 am
@de budding,
Thanks for the welcome people Very Happy

I'm thinking of applying for Cambridge for university, I'd love to make it there. Wont be easy though. I wont to take Philosophy there. But as that is concerned, I like I'd put a preference on Philosophy of Mind, Religious Philosophy, Philosophy of Language and Political Philosophy as my main areas of interest.

as0l0

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 06:46 am
@Ramsey phil,
What does "A level" mean?

Ramsey phil

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 07:46 am
@as0l0,
Advanced Level Qualifactions, in Britain it's the educational level between High School and going to University.

the thinker

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 11:52 am
@Ramsey phil,
Welcome! I just joined a few months ago, myself, looking for a good philosophy forum, dying of non-thinkers. Gasp! But I found this, and I promise you, it's awesome.

as0l0

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 02:56 pm
@Ramsey phil,
Ramsey wrote:
Advanced Level Qualifactions, in Britain it's the educational level between High School and going to University.

Ahhh, thank you for explaining. I've only been here a few weeks myself, but welcome. What philosophy subjects do they give you in your A levels? Which philosophers do they have you study?

Ramsey phil

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 03:49 pm
@as0l0,
At current we've done the Argument philosophers (Anselm, Aquinas and palely.) Obviously done Plato, Socrates and Aristotle, hmm, the Meta-ethics philosophers, and moral philosophers, Kant, and the like. The subject mainly revolves around Religious Philosophy, and Ethics.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:25:53