How do I prove this argument valid?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 12:37 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier wrote:
Vide, Alan, et al: My point was to say that in the Christian Weltanschauung (which Calvin incidentally misspelled viz my avatar) the act of accepting Christ is what makes one a Christian. I think. Therefore, by saying (and truly believing, of course) "Jesus Christ died for my sins," one is inherently Christian.

This argument rests on whether one buys into the Christian mindset.

Wouldn't that make one a Calvinist, since you frist have to believe Calvin to get at Christ???

hammersklavier

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 12:51 pm
@Protoman2050,
Is that sarcasm? I was referencing a joke from Calvin and Hobbes (because my avatar is a picture of Hobbes about to pounce on his own tail).

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 12:13 am
@Protoman2050,
hammersklavier

Quote:
Vide, Alan, et al: My point was to say that in the Christian Weltanschauung (which Calvin incidentally misspelled viz my avatar) the act of accepting Christ is what makes one a Christian. I think. Therefore, by saying (and truly believing, of course) "Jesus Christ died for my sins," one is inherently Christian

I could not agree more absolutely true,

You signature "Ixsay inusmay ourfay! Urryhay!"

Is that a code? I like to crack codes, one of my hobbies

Alan

hammersklavier

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 12:16 pm
@Protoman2050,
Nope. It's the punch line of a Calvin and Hobbes joke.

Fido

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 02:07 pm
@hammersklavier,
I have been reading the Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Free Enterprise, or something like that, and there are a lot of references to Calvin, and so I jumped to a conlusion that you were rephrasing some of his dogma... I like Calvin and Hobbes too... I guess I don't spend much time on avatars...I might feel different if I had the metal powers to actually upload one... Just not my gen man... Me from stone age...Ugh!

hammersklavier

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 03:08 pm
@Fido,
Oh, it's easy, even for the technically deaf like me. Just find the image you're looking for on Google, copy said image into MS Paint, make any changes you'd like on Paint, save as a .jpg file, and upload it here. (Make sure you're uploading it in the "Upload Avatar" section!)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:50:13