Secondary Protocol

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Secondary Protocol

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:47 am
Hello everyone, hope you're all having a good day.

I love the idea of a parallel universe. In fact I have always wondered that there could be one. My idea is quite straight forward - once we die and exit the world we used to live where next? I call it - "The Secondary Protocol", when we pass away we immediately enter this protocol which is parallel to our old life - we start all over again but this time we have a have a specific protocol to follow and that is: change the things we regretted. Once we have re-lived our own death in the parallel universe both our original lives and secondary lives collide destroying each other. Thus allowing us to pass on with no regrets and forget the bad things we done.

Thank you for your time to read my post. Discussion on this topic really interests me and perhaps you guys can teach me a thing or two about time and space.


 
xris
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:56 am
@The Joker006,
The Joker006 wrote:
Hello everyone, hope you're all having a good day.

I love the idea of a parallel universe. In fact I have always wondered that there could be one. My idea is quite straight forward - once we die and exit the world we used to live where next? I call it - "The Secondary Protocol", when we pass away we immediately enter this protocol which is parallel to our old life - we start all over again but this time we have a have a specific protocol to follow and that is: change the things we regretted. Once we have re-lived our own death in the parallel universe both our original lives and secondary lives collide destroying each other. Thus allowing us to pass on with no regrets and forget the bad things we done.

Thank you for your time to read my post. Discussion on this topic really interests me and perhaps you guys can teach me a thing or two about time and space.

I cant imagine reliving and not succumbing to the same temptations. We are what we are, if you change the concept, then we are not who we where, or are. Regrets, Ive had few but then again too few to mention. Cant we move on to where ,without rectifying our errors, cant we just learn from those mistakes, without having to relive the same old crap.
 
The Joker006
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:04 am
@xris,
Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you're saying by learning from our mistakes but what if we could re-live our life and "virtually" change it to what we really wanted in life like the things we never got. What fascinates me about your comment is "We are who we are" - yes that's now, reality. But could you imagine a parallel timeline in which our alternative lives are crafted from what we learned in our previous life.

Your comment is much appreciated.
 
A Lyn Fei
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:27 am
@The Joker006,
You say "what if we could change it to what we really wanted?" The thing is, how would you know what you wanted until after you had lived? Are you suggesting that this second time we go through life we remember the first time? I am not disagreeing entirely. My own theory shares one similar component to your own in the belief that we do relive this life. Or, rather, we exist over and over again. I don't think much changes each time, as babies have no memories of past lives and even if they did when we enter into a language, we have no way of remembering anything beyond what can be described by said language.

While it is nice to think that we can change our mistakes, I also believe there is no point to it. As much as I regret a lot of things, I only regret them because I have been shaped by cultural, spiritual, instinctual influences that tell me what is wrong and what is right. Beyond all of those layers of "meaning", I don't think right and wrong exist and therefore would bare no regrets outside of this earthly existence.

Think about it. But, thanks for the cool thread to inspire the above thought processes.
 
xris
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:40 am
@The Joker006,
The Joker006 wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you're saying by learning from our mistakes but what if we could re-live our life and "virtually" change it to what we really wanted in life like the things we never got. What fascinates me about your comment is "We are who we are" - yes that's now, reality. But could you imagine a parallel timeline in which our alternative lives are crafted from what we learned in our previous life.

Your comment is much appreciated.
Rhys
The problem is we have the choice now to change it but we never do, in any positive manner, we cant change ourselves . Reliving ,we would still be tempted and even making a different choice, at one point, would lead us into uncharted waters. I can hear it said so many times" if I knew then what I know now" Well that's life, we experience with a certain novelty, if it was not, then how boring it would be. I dont think it would work. What purpose would it serve?
 
The Joker006
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 10:11 am
@xris,
The secondary life would be another chance. I have always imagined it like a DVD. We could rewind and fast forward our original life in this parallel life and change the things we have regretted. If this was possible we could live in a virtual world we always wanted to live in. Lets face it our world is probably the most beautiful planet in this universe but some the people live on it do not appreciate this. It's these people who are narrow minded enough not to care. There is no purpose to this at all. It's kind of like, limbo - a holding room for us. This parallel world would be our holding room and once we have changed the things we always wanted to we move on almost like, "Perfect". It's like watching your life again but with no flaws. But what if we eliminted evil? Would an over balance of good upset the scale?
 
mark noble
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:13 am
@A Lyn Fei,
A. Lyn Fei;175040 wrote:
You say "what if we could change it to what we really wanted?" The thing is, how would you know what you wanted until after you had lived? Are you suggesting that this second time we go through life we remember the first time? I am not disagreeing entirely. My own theory shares one similar component to your own in the belief that we do relive this life. Or, rather, we exist over and over again. I don't think much changes each time, as babies have no memories of past lives and even if they did when we enter into a language, we have no way of remembering anything beyond what can be described by said language.

While it is nice to think that we can change our mistakes, I also believe there is no point to it. As much as I regret a lot of things, I only regret them because I have been shaped by cultural, spiritual, instinctual influences that tell me what is wrong and what is right. Beyond all of those layers of "meaning", I don't think right and wrong exist and therefore would bare no regrets outside of this earthly existence.

Think about it. But, thanks for the cool thread to inspire the above thought processes.


Hi A,
You've touched on a few essential ingredients to my belief here. We'll have to thrash them out sometime.
No good and evil (right and wrong)? Spot on - mere matters of opinion.
Have a great day, A.
Mark...
 
xris
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:27 pm
@The Joker006,
The Joker006 wrote:
The secondary life would be another chance. I have always imagined it like a DVD. We could rewind and fast forward our original life in this parallel life and change the things we have regretted. If this was possible we could live in a virtual world we always wanted to live in. Lets face it our world is probably the most beautiful planet in this universe but some the people live on it do not appreciate this. It's these people who are narrow minded enough not to care. There is no purpose to this at all. It's kind of like, limbo - a holding room for us. This parallel world would be our holding room and once we have changed the things we always wanted to we move on almost like, "Perfect". It's like watching your life again but with no flaws. But what if we eliminted evil? Would an over balance of good upset the scale?
I can live without the necessity of evil. I dont see it as evil but the lack of empathy. We have this , on occassions, this inability to recognise others as worthy of our attention,we have no feelings for their welfare. It requires constant vigilance, to be aware of our inhumanity, it lurks within all of us. Love thy neighbour and you wont regret your life, with no need of rerun.
 
Night Ripper
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:58 pm
@The Joker006,
The Joker006 wrote:
The secondary life would be another chance. I have always imagined it like a DVD. We could rewind and fast forward our original life in this parallel life and change the things we have regretted.


Another idea is that that life isn't like that at all but rather is eternally recurring. You will live this life over again, exactly as you have before. Any mistakes you made in this life, be prepared to make them over and over again, forever.

Obviously, none of this is true but I think the lesson in the myth of eternal return is, don't beat yourself up over the mistakes because they are permanent and unchangeable.
 
A Lyn Fei
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 01:14 pm
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper;175124 wrote:
Another idea is that that life isn't like that at all but rather is eternally recurring. You will live this life over again, exactly as you have before. Any mistakes you made in this life, be prepared to make them over and over again, forever.

Obviously, none of this is true but I think the lesson in the myth of eternal return is, don't beat yourself up over the mistakes because they are permanent and unchangeable.


How is it obviously not true? I believe it is not true that we could actually be aware of living this life over and over again, but I do believe in the infinite. The infinite means that we absolutely will exist within this life over and over and over again simply because that is one of many infinite possibilities, and all of those possibilities will exist at one point or another because the fabric of reality is infinite.

I just don't believe there is good and evil. Those can only take place within the human conception of what is.
 
ughaibu
 
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:22 pm
@The Joker006,
The Joker006 wrote:
we start all over again but this time we have a have a specific protocol to follow and that is: change the things we regretted.
My father died when I was eleven years old, as he knew he was dying, I'm pretty sure he had some regrets about the situation. So, let's assume that he manages to change things sufficiently so that in the second life he dies when I'm middle aged. The problem which arises is that because of his death, my family moved cities when I was thirteen, so, in the second life I wouldn't be in a position to change almost anything that I regret. In fact, it's highly unlikely that I would even be born.
The problem with ideas like yours is that they assume that there's only one real person, all the others just form a backdrop.

---------- Post added 06-10-2010 at 10:24 AM ----------

A. Lyn Fei;175129 wrote:
The infinite means that we absolutely will exist within this life over and over and over again simply because that is one of many infinite possibilities, and all of those possibilities will exist at one point or another because the fabric of reality is infinite.
Infinity doesn't carry this implication.
 
A Lyn Fei
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:57 am
@ughaibu,
Infinity does absolutely mean this. It means that everything will exist and infinite number of times. The cosmos is infinite in time and space.
 
ughaibu
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 06:38 am
@A Lyn Fei,
You're mistaken, infinity and everything are incompatible notions.
 
xris
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:49 am
@A Lyn Fei,
If the universe is still expanding what is it expanding into? If it was infinite it would not expand surely? You cant get more than everything...
 
mark noble
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:48 am
@A Lyn Fei,
Hi A Lyn,
I understand exactly what you are getting at. These guys are restricting themselves to the universe at hand. Don't bother arguing with them, they don't share the same perception as do you and I.
Have a great day. Once I've figured this forum out, we'll thrash our thoughts out together.
Mark...
 
xris
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:38 am
@mark noble,
The universe at hand..what a great statement. I'm restricting myself, can I get get bigger pants or do I need medication? Does disneyland get included with your fictitious universe?
 
mark noble
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:09 pm
Hi Xris,
Another bottle of merlot should do it. "Restricted One". ha-ha.
Have a great one Xris.
Mark...
 
mark noble
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:13 pm
@xris,
The multiverse Xris - Which is merely a universe within another multiverse - ever out and ever in. Bubbles merging and all that stuff.
Best wishes ye mocker of the mad.
Mark...
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:04 pm
@The Joker006,
Don't really belive in paralel universes, however projected holographic universes seems more plausible.
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Secondary Protocol
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/26/2019 at 03:35:16