The Omnipresent Paradox - revealed

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » The Omnipresent Paradox - revealed

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 08:45 am
Hello fellow Thinkers,

Omnipresent - present in all possible locations at once.

In reference to the biblical God, who is deemed to be Omnipresent.

If said entity was to be in all possible places at once, said entity would occupy every single occupiable location in both the cosmic and the quantum. Every component, of every thing would be entirely occupied by one thing.
Therefore everything would have no other ingredients than this sole-entity.
Would not everything then be ONE thing? leading to the truth that - everything is said entity.
If god is everywhere, then God is Everything, And if God is everything, then everything is God?

If X= Everywhere, then X= everything, If X= everything, then everything= X.
If I am a thing amongst the sum total of everything - I must be God, like you and gluons and nebula and even (although this defies all logic) Gordon Brown - The uk ex-PM.

Please reveal the flaw in this - I can't

Thank you and farewell.

Mark...

xris

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 10:21 am
@mark noble,
It also implies we are god , so do we have mutual interests and a common goal? I heard that there may only be one electron and atoms appear to be in two places at the same time...

mark noble

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 11:14 am
@xris,
xris;161263 wrote:
It also implies we are god , so do we have mutual interests and a common goal? I heard that there may only be one electron and atoms appear to be in two places at the same time...

Hello xris,

At last! A Thinker,

I wasn't going to mention it just yet, but what if there were only ONE particle - moving at Maximum velocity, in a void (This universe) -That particle being the (prime particle).
It visits every location, seemingly instantly ( in our timeline )and creating, by its unavoidable interaction with its previous actions, all matter at once?
The periodic table suggests that - each element from top to bottom is simply a decayed version of the next element on the scale - especially as the isotopes thereof completely fill the gaps.
(Like a child's sparkler on bonfire-night) - you move it about rapidly and the wake (Thermal residue) remains visible, with each frame from the heat source, depleting uniformly.
As the prime source of heat interacts with its wake it enhances the property of said interaction ( what was cooling uniformly is now momentarily revitalised.)
If this is true - then the actions of all things progress one frame at a time, to the particle, but in an unimaginable series of events from our perspective.
We judge the speed of things from our own point of view. and that is very, very SLOW.

Well done and thankyou.

Mark...

xris

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 12:10 pm
@mark noble,
I like the analogy of a sparkler it helps visualize the concept. QM appears to reinforce this idea, where fiction fails, possibilities in science fire the imagination..great thread..

mark noble

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 05:58 am
@xris,
xris;161263 wrote:
It also implies we are god , so do we have mutual interests and a common goal? .

If you strip away the aesthetics of a person, then we all have similar traits, ideals and quandries.
If you analysise organic matter, it stands to reason that it all appears to function on 2 primary principles - self-preservation and reproduction.
if you (like I) see all things material as living (absorbing, expanding and discharging) then you are posed with the question of - The meaning of life.

The answer to this question is both simple, exact and universal to all forms of matter, and the components thereof (The Omnipresent Particle)

What is the meaning of life???...

[CENTER]To Live...[/CENTER]

Thank you Xris,
I hope we cross paths on many occasions hereafter!

Mark...

Alan Masterman

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 05:30 am
@mark noble,
Mark, the flaw which first springs to mind is that you seem to presuppose that if God is omnipresent, then he must also be corporeal and temporal (he exists in space and time).

But God is thought by those who believe in him to be eternal, meaning his existence is atemporal, outside of time. He is also thought to be incorporeal; his being is sometimes described as 'pure being'.

So God's omnipresence cannot be of a physical or temporal kind. But my presence is both physical and temporal. This means the question whether I am God, or part of God, cannot arise. God and I have utterly different modes of being.

I suppose a theologian might say that God is indeed omnipresent, but on another dimension (as it were), one which we cannot perceive or even imagine. Or, since God is omniscient and omnipotent, it is as though he were present everywhere; he knows everything that happens, and could intervene if he wished.

Like most of God's alleged attributes, the concept of his omnipresence is difficult, confusing, and probably ultimately absurd.

HotatuSan

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 09:08 pm
Interesting topic...

However, "God" can still be an individual being and be omnipresent.

Reason being, God, as creator of everything, would have to be in full control of all dimensions (quantum theories and mathematics place that between 10 - 16 dimensions of our universe).
We only operate in 3 (and move through, but have no control of the 4th).

God having more dimensions, is not limited like we are. To reverse engineer it, imagine an 11x8 piece of paper with doodle people on it. They only operate in 2 dimensions. But for us, we have the extra dimension and can completely cover that "world" with our bodies/hands. We are essentially everywhere. Omnipresent to them.
We are not the doodles and the doodles are not us. We are all separate individuals. You can touch them and be infinitely closer to them than they to each other but they are not you.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » The Omnipresent Paradox - revealed
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:26:56