Universal Game Hypothesis- Kevin Thomson

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Universal Game Hypothesis- Kevin Thomson

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:01 pm
Universal Game Hypothesis- The hypothesis that all of life is a game played by consciousnesses, (Living Beings). The board is a dream like structure of the universe. The progression is through an active process of intent-witnessing, and passive meditation. Which releases the tension in the nerves of the body and leads to selfless actions, moral goodness, and eventually the finish, Enlightenment.

Just like a wounded creature only cares about it’s own self. Man in tension through self-centered thought only thinks about his own predicaments. Even if he is thinking about others it is only through his own objectionable view from his false-created center.

The enemy or deterrents in the game is the conditioning created by society for ambition, greed, control and general brain washing to give the individual a false sense of identity, the ego. This is achieved by Religion; tradition, culture, education, reasoning, linear thought, and the creation of time. Leaving him/her in constant anxiety about millions of future contingencies.

Through witnessing1 one realizes the whole futility of one dimensional thought which only leads to more and more thought. Simple or constructed elaborately, thought being time, a human construction.

. 1(Witnessing is the common similarity involved in all meditative techniques. See The Awakening of Intelligence and The Books of Secrets in the Bibliography for details. It is too complex to discuss here.)

The final step of the Universal Game Hypothesis is understanding the whole process of thought and the eventual revelation of Enlightenment, Bliss, ecstasy. Which the person then understands that he/she is the creator of the life/dream with which they are in. That point being a sexual ecstasy similar to what happens in death to men and women. I..e. Human males release semen when they die, having a sexual ecstasy at their last breath. Females have also shown similar arousal.

New Science

The spiritual progression of individuals can now be measured and studied by scientists. The advance of a person on a spiritual progression has to do with lesser thought. A quieter mind is more receptive than a turbulent mind filled with relenting continuous thought. This is similar to the difference between holistic, intuitive thinking and rational thinking. Intuitive thinking being all at once, and rational thinking being linear. Linear is therefore spread out in time, and therefore never fully-complete.

All human based knowledge, being receptive, is Obiectum quo. Existence based knowledge is productive and immediate. Therefore this fulfills the previous paragraph, that having a receptive and available mind is a higher, Intuitive, immediate type of understanding.

The spiritual progression of individuals in the game can now be charted and measured by Neuroscientists; in something called the Meditative Quotient. The Meditative Quotient is the measure of thoughts per minute.

I.e. T/60=M
Or. 60 /T=M

M= Meditative Quotient, T= Thoughts per minute. And 60 being 60 seconds in a minute, or 1 for one minute.

A person with less thought, and therefore a more meditative, calm, sensitive, and receptive mind will have a higher Meditative Quotient. Or lower, depending on which formula you choose.2

2 The peak being 45mins straight without thinking. This would be Enlightenment from the studies of Yoga founder Patangali.

Also, involved is the measuring of alertness and awareness. Which is part of the spiritual progression talked about in Eastern Religion and a part of this theory as well. Enlightenment being the peak of consciousness. The term Buddha meaning the “Awakened one.” Psychologists have discovered that man is partly unconscious. And that when placed away from the cycle of night and day people will usually stay awake for 20 hours or more. Sleep being the remnants of the human species being without light sources in predatorial environments with nothing to do. It was the only thing possible to avoid being eaten. Therefore this means man’s brain is only partly being used. Some of it is awake, and the majority of it is asleep. Science and Religion tie directly together in Universal Game Hypothesis. Science describes the condition that Religion has described previously. That the majority of people are partly asleep and Science has confirmed it to a percentage. I.e. 90% of the brain is unconscious, and 10% is awake, or conscious. Religion has also provided the techniques to undo the sleep.3

.3. Vigyan Bhairav Tantra; 112 Meditation Techniques/ Shiva. Hindu text 3000 B.C.

Alertness experiments can be implemented through many different avenues. One being the careful, intense understanding and listening abilities of people in conversation. A sleepy, unalert person will misinterpret instructions and not understand fully what is being said. This will lead to repetitive conversations saying the same thing over and over again as we are all aware of. Another test will be the quickness and the higher percentage of the right responses required to answer a problem.

Another is testing the alertness of individuals while asleep. A person with a higher alertness will respond quicker with less provocation to a voice. These experiments will determine the level of alertness in individuals and put those that place the best in the higher percentage of spiritual awakeness.

There are many more tests for spiritual awakeness, or awareness. A few examples will be contentment, lack of stress, lower blood pressure and a more healthy, younger, less diseased body. These tests already tie into modern medicines research on meditation.

Other tests include individuality over mass psychology. The ability to do what one thinks best even when pressured by the mass. A less awakened person will invariably succumb to the pressure of authority. A more awakened, or conscious person would rather give his or her life than do something he or she thinks is unjust. I.e. Socrates execution.4.

4. Universal Game Theorists also believes that Socrates was Enlightened and that his teachings collaborate with those of Buddha and other Religions.

This will have major impacts in the world. This theory being highly controversial for the people in political office, and hierarchal positions who depend on mass psychology to influence and control the public.

This theory being extremely beneficial in averting the lemming effect in this time of nuclear armaments and instant media. Both of which can spawn world wide destruction quickly and efficiently.

Another term I’d like to talk about before I go on is Awareness, which is similar to alertness and Spiritual awakeness. Awareness means the total subjective awareness of every cell and nerve in the body. Which man is now almost wholly unconscious and insensitive of. Awareness means being aware of every single feeling cell vibrating, throbbing and pulsating. Heart, lungs, chest, head, ears and stomach. A complete orgasmic sensitive river of life blood flowing through thousands of strands of veins and arteries all being felt by a fully Enlightened person. The experience is said to be so joyous you are unwilling even to move.

The Theory of Everything

The Universal Game Hypotheis can also be called the Theory of Everything. All aspects of every Science weave themselves into this theory. This theory is the synthesis of Science and Religion. Eastern Religion, witnessing, Buddhism, Hinduism fits nicely with it. Through Neuroscience we can chart the progression of individuals.

The Theory of Everything is supposed to tie in everything together in a refined and focused purpose. That is what I will do in the following page or two.

1. Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics can be used to define and alter the game board which is the dream structure. Chemistry can help medicine keep man healthy.

2. Philosophy is the recording of the witnessing process.

3. Psychology is the same as the above definition for Philosophy. Namely the recording of the witnessing process.

4. Religion ties in with the recorded historical evidence of witnessing, meditation, and alertness techniques needed for the spiritual progress talked about in religious texts. I.e. Mohammed meditating in a cave. Buddha meditating under the Bodhi tree. Gurgieff, Sufi techniques. Five-thousand year old Tantra meditation techniques. Mystics, of all faiths.

Therefore Universal Game Hypothesis is the bringing together of all human knowledge that was diverged by Aristotle, 2300 yrs previously, into a refined and focused purpose. That purpose is to chart man’s spiritual progress with Science while he practices spiritual techniques to see if and how results occur. And to what extent and degree people benefit from such techniques. Witnessing being the highest technique. Other techniques if not properly taught can become just another form of conditioning; which is the opposite of meditation.

The focus is to benefit man’s well-being with Science and Religion together to observe his conditioning and the limitations on his consciousness. Those limitations of consciousness being a carry over from his prehistoric past and present conditioning by culture, Religion and education. That lack of full consciousness is what Psychologists calls the unconscious, sleepy part of the brain.

Where before Science and Religion were both separate entities vying with one another for supremacy, now they comfort each other and fulfill the inadequacies of the other into a peaceful harmony of exploration and experimentation.

Kevin Thomson

Bibliography
The Psychology of Consciousness / Robert E. Ornstein.
by Ornstein, Robert Evans.
New York : Viking, c1972

The Awakening of Intelligence / J. Krishnamurti.
by Krishnamurti, J. (Jiddu), 1895-
San Francisco : Harper & Row, 1987, c1973.

The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy / general
editor, Robert Audi.
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1995.

Yoga, the Science of the Soul : Commentaries of the
yoga sutra’s of Patanjali / Osho. ; Rajneesh, Bhagwan Shree,
1931- ; Tao Pub., ; 2003

The Book of Secrets-112 Meditation Techniques/Osho
St Martins Press, 1998.
Psychology / David G. Myers. ; Myers, David G.
Worth Publishers, 1995.

Vigyan Bhairav Tantra; 112 Meditation Techniques/Shiva
Hindu text 3000 B.C.
Dhammapada / Gautama Siddhartha
Teachings of Buddha, 2500 B.C.

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

richrf

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:46 pm
@meditationyoga,
meditationyoga;75472 wrote:
Universal Game Hypothesis- The hypothesis that all of life is a game played by consciousnesses, (Living Beings). The board is a dream like structure of the universe. The progression is through an active process of intent-witnessing, and passive meditation. Which releases the tension in the nerves of the body and leads to selfless actions, moral goodness, and eventually the finish, Enlightenment.

Hi,

Could be, but I am a bit more whimsical about it, and you can blame Izthak Bentov for this state of mind of mine. For me, Life is a Game, but merely there to amuse a bored consciousness. Sort of like peek-a-boo, hide-and-seek, physics, the old TV game show Camouflage and extra-marital affairs (yikes, did I say that!). Well, I did say I was whimsical at times. Smile

Rich

nameless

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:54 pm
@meditationyoga,
meditationyoga;75472 wrote:
2. Philosophy is the recording of the witnessing process.

Nope. Philosophy is 'critical thought'.
Perhaps you are thinking of memory or perhaps a journal?

meditationyoga

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:33 pm
@nameless,
I mean the process that we watch. Our continous stream of consciousness. All that is taken place in front of us, thought, feelings, ideas ect. We translate what takes place in us and in front of us into words. These words are used to describe Philosophy.

meditationyoga

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 07:19 pm
@richrf,
Yes the paper does say life is like a game. But bored consciousness means people are not using the whole apparatus of the brain, but only a small percentage.

jgweed

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 08:23 am
@meditationyoga,
meditationyoga;75813 wrote:
I mean the process that we watch. Our continous stream of consciousness. All that is taken place in front of us, thought, feelings, ideas ect. We translate what takes place in us and in front of us into words. These words are used to describe Philosophy.

One could as well argue that Philosophy helps to describe (and gives organisation to, or "translates") everything presented to the Self.

One could also well ask whether we "know" our continuous stream of consciousness, or whether we "know" it (better: "watch" it) as history and memory.

meditationyoga

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:44 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed;103616 wrote:
One could as well argue that Philosophy helps to describe (and gives organisation to, or "translates") everything presented to the Self.

One could also well ask whether we "know" our continuous stream of consciousness, or whether we "know" it (better: "watch" it) as history and memory.

Yes I think you are right. Philosophy organizes and clarifies what is presented to us. The Wittgenstein quote you mentioned about being silent about certain things that we can not describe fully seems to ring true. I don't think there is a way around it with language. Maybe with interactive simulations it is best described? What do you think?

Twirlip

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 09:13 pm
@meditationyoga,
I believe we all tend to witness inadequately what happens between us, some of it in privacy, and what happens within us, some of it in solitude.

By definition, "what actually happens between and within people", insofar as it concerns what is private or solitary, is not a field of scientific enquiry; yet it is a field of enquiry; and it seems reasonable to call it both "philosophy" and "psychology", as in the OP. It is at least a part of both philosophy and psychology.

I'm not sure how one learns to be a better witness; however, a certain respect for the reality of the field of enquiry is a start.

I don't know if anyone teaches such witnessing. Most people actively resist and resent it.

(Excuse me if this is not very relevant to the OP; I was struck by the use of the word "witnessing", which was singled out in another reply.)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Universal Game Hypothesis- Kevin Thomson
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:32:43