Philosophy Of Existence As God Exists

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Philosophy Of Existence As God Exists

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 04:29 am
I wish to talk about the philosophy of existence as God exists. If God didn't exist there mightn't be a point to human existence, people would simply live and die. But as we now know that God does exist, then there could be a point in human existence. There is the posssibility of eternal life for example as God does exist. Therefore, if a person lives a lonely life and never had a friend in a lifetime, it is possible for the person to have a friend after death is a lifetime, as God exists and there is the possibility of eternal life.

Vasska

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 11:48 am
@Adrian ada,
Adrian_ada wrote:
I wish to talk about the philosophy of existence as God exists. If God didn't exist there mightn't be a point to human existence, people would simply live and die. But as we now know that God does exist, then there could be a point in human existence. There is the posssibility of eternal life for example as God does exist. Therefore, if a person lives a lonely life and never had a friend in a lifetime, it is possible for the person to have a friend after death is a lifetime, as God exists and there is the possibility of eternal life.

Most of these points have already, and still are debated on the forums, but this might prove to be fun anyhow, just want you to explain yourself a bit;

• Why do you think God is needed to explain human existence? Given from the fact that we are made out of many of the elements (Iron, Hydrogen, Carbon etc), proves that we are nothing more than nuclear waste from the supernovae's and the big bang. I find this theory to be more meaningful than a promised eternal afterlife.
  • Why should eternal life exist in your opinion, what is the point of it, and who should get it, and who not. Life is beautiful for the fact that it ends. We might dislike it for we lose valuable people, but in the process of it we also lost Stalin, Lenin and Mao.
  • Why should a lonely person find a new friend in the afterlife? It seems to be so silly, for he can find friends during this lifetime and dismissing God in the process of it.

Hope this gets the discussion started. Welcome to the forums by the way Wink

Justin

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 09:37 pm
@Vasska,
Welcome to the forum Adrian. Happy to see your email went through. Thank you for posting. This forum is meant for introductions or new member questions so please search for other open topics that may already address this or open a new thread in the correct forum.

Warm welcome to you!

cloverleaf

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:53 am
@Vasska,
God does not need anything to explain because verb of need is for someone who cant control , God as we know and proof of his existence (100% for sure )
Yes you could be right about saying that we are nothing else then made of matter but God proves that his existence with the books that he sent it to human being through prophets
Those books also prove us that there is eternal life and we do have souls

de Silentio

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 11:34 am
@Adrian ada,
Quote:

But as we now know that God does exist

Really? If we know God exist, then we must know some of his attributes. For, without knowing any of his attributes and how they relate to us there is no way of testing this knowledge.

So I ask: Since God exist, can you provide me with some of his attributes.

Arjen

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:00 pm
@de Silentio,
de Silentio wrote:
Really? If we know God exist, then we must know some of his attributes. For, without knowing any of his attributes and how they relate to us there is no way of testing this knowledge.

So I ask: Since God exist, can you provide me with some of his attributes.

Substance and thought?

Or so Spinoza says anyway. Smile

cloverleaf

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:58 pm
@Arjen,
proof of attributes of God are in holy books that sent to Moses, Jesus and Muhammad

if you want different proof you better tell me what kind proof would satisfy you

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Philosophy Of Existence As God Exists
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:18:57