Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

pqzod

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:49 am
Hello everyone - just registered - thanks to whoever conceived & set up the site.

Seems strange to me that a philosophy forum would promote the concept of Zero Tolerance? Maybe it's just thrown in there to wind up the newcomers. i suppose intolerance and self-righteousness are philosophies in their own right-should they not then be engaged?

PQ:)

de budding

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 10:43 am
@pqzod,
Welcome PQ,
Your an intolerantist?! Well I never.
I think I spied you posting away already so I guess I'll see you you around Smile,
Dan.

Justin

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 04:30 pm
@pqzod,
pqzod wrote:
Seems strange to me that a philosophy forum would promote the concept of Zero Tolerance? Maybe it's just thrown in there to wind up the newcomers. i suppose intolerance and self-righteousness are philosophies in their own right-should they not then be engaged?

Welcome pqzod! Thanks for registering. We do have zero tolerance for some things. When it comes to hurting a member of this forum with flaming, insulting or discouraging words, this forum frowns on that. We can all be respectful adults and talk philosophy in a peaceful environment. One philosophy we should all practice is the philosophy of social interaction.

While this does limit the amount of traffic and posts we receive on this forum, quality not quantity is what this forum is more geared towards. It's not like other forums out there, nor is it trying to be.

Anyway, glad you registered and hope to see you in the forums.

pqzod

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 09:15 am
@Justin,

An Intolerantist, now there's a new idea for me to try. I was having some serious trouble with being an extremist, as I brought myself to the conclusion that I should be extreme in everything or in nothing. Being extreme in everything I would say is impossible & being extreme in nothing does away with being an extremist in the first place. Not being able to solve this completely I found that I musn't be extremely clever & gave up.
As an intolerantist, I don't even have to be right about anything, I can tell just people that they are a nonsense when I don't agree with them and refuse to tolerate any further interaction on the matter. Even when i am intolerant of being intolerant, i can just become intolerant of that sort of convoluted thinking.
I'll say thanks for the welcome now while I'm still learning how not to tolerate that sort of thing.

boagie

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 11:32 am
@pqzod,
pqzod wrote:
Hello everyone - just registered - thanks to whoever conceived & set up the site.

Seems strange to me that a philosophy forum would promote the concept of Zero Tolerance? Maybe it's just thrown in there to wind up the newcomers. i suppose intolerance and self-righteousness are philosophies in their own right-should they not then be engaged? PQ:)

pqzod,Smile

SmileI agree that only the infallible should entertain zero tolerance. I think it is only the propping of the severed head on the door to intimidate, kind of like the idea of a very very large policeman. Be good or else, actually they appear to be reasonably tolerant of intellectual passion. Welcome, it is not really all the oppressive, you'll enjoy it.!! See you on the boards--boagie

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 05:03:58