Can I be?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mister kitten

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:43 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;112918 wrote:
"If I dressed up and acted like a lion would I be a lion?" is a serious question? I also do not see how my attitude was flippant.

Fairly serious. My attitude.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:52 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;112901 wrote:
- can we be anything we need to be? Need for what? For life? To live? How to live? How to need to live

Need to change, need to be better, need to be more, need to evolve.
-? I don't think we need to be anything.
I do.
I think we need to be something/anything, until we die at least.
-Does my want to be a lion make me a lion? No, sadly, it does not in this reality.
But you sound as if you believe/stock that other realities are 'real' and maketh the man as well as man maketh. Is a dream any less of a reality whilst one is living/being the dream?
(I wonder if we stop dreaming when we die?)
-Does that conflict with my original thoughts? Damn reality.
am I existent? I don't want anything, all my needs are satisfied- am I existent? I don't need anything, all my wants are satisfied- am I existent?
Thanks
-
-Yes, I can choose my me. If I don't, who would choose me for me? Someone else? No one? When would I/that someone/nothing choose me?
Something choose you, is environment more than choice?

-
You can never be god? You can never be god if you don't try. When I draw I can draw anything I want. I like to think of this as my personal 'god status.'

God of the pencils:)
-
All people are prisoners of fate?

Then there is no choice?
-
Fate is determined by actions, is it not?
More like consequnce, but continue.
-I have a fate, and I am the one to reach that fate. My actions determine my fate. I have lots of choices in my actions.

Fate; 1 the apparent power that determines the course of events, over which humans have no control. 2 the individual destiny or fortune of a person or thing; what happend to something or someone. 3 death, downfall, destruction. or doom.
All inevitables, not much room for choice which is power.
-How is this imprisonment?
You mean fate, you have no choice over imprisonment also.
-
[A side note: I love your questions sometimes sun. Very thought provoking.] Very Happy

Thank you very much, i do, i try:D

sometime sun

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:06 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;112903 wrote:
You can think you are a lion (which may be a sign of a mental illness), but you can never be a lion. Why do you think you can be a lion? And keep in mind, the OP asked, "Can we be anything we want...".

The answer is no, we cannot be anything we want. We can be some things we want. Like, for instance, if I wanted to be a nurse, I could probably be a nurse.

What about those dreams where you know you are a lion? Is this also 'may be a sign of mental illness'?
Begs a question i dont like to ask
Is belief ever realistic?
But will answer, yes because it is my reality, it is how i live my life, actions over dreams.

Go for it, a nurse is an honour upon the world and you that is sadly worldwide underfunded unsought. You will learn more of what it is to be human that all the philosophy in the world could impart.Smile

---------- Post added 12-20-2009 at 11:16 PM ----------

mister kitten;112908 wrote:
What about caterpillars? Before one turns into a butterfly, can it want to be a butterfly and be a butterfly? Would the want to be a butterfly remain after becoming a butterfly? Does time factor into this at all?

My want to become a lion does not make me a lion. If I dressed up and acted like a lion would I be a lion? If not, how does one be a human? off topic

some would say that creatures animals unhumans are born with only function, without the soul or self to have any choice what so ever.

A butterfly is all it needs to be, it is full and fulfilled by its very essence and creation design, it has no question in its mind to ask.
It does, it does not deliberate. It does.
Now if you asked what would a butterfly be if it had choice? well then the answer would be simple, the butterfly would be us.
How to know if the want would remain, when you do achieve soemthing of your human epic do you still want to be what you have achieved or do you want to be more still?
Time has nothing to do with it per-sey apart that time is conected to experience, it is funny that more humans meausr ethemselves by time rather than experience, the butterfly or caterpillar may not even experience or refer to itself as old or young experienced, inexperienced.
Does it still have life if it is not really living it? Sure it does, bu tit is for those who do experience the butterfly to care for it, that it cant really do for itself (not that it has self)
How does one be a human? is right on topic, is it fate, ready assembled? as you say or is choice, without the instructions? which you also say. or is even both or neither?

Quinn phil

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:28 pm
@sometime sun,
Only person I know who's ever tried to be God, ended up as Satan. And I don't even know if that guy's real.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:32 pm
@Quinn phil,
Quinn;113068 wrote:
Only person I know who's ever tried to be God, ended up as Satan. And I don't even know if that guy's real.

Not a person, some might go so far as to say satan never had a choice.

---------- Post added 12-20-2009 at 11:35 PM ----------

kennethamy;112920 wrote:
Well, maybe if you also leaped on a passing gazelle, sank your incisors into its neck, tore it limb from limb, and ate his haunch, and then slept it off.
One is born human. There is no difficulty. All you need is to have human DNA and, voila.

Dear voila.......Smile

---------- Post added 12-20-2009 at 11:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added 12-20-2009 at 11:58 AM ----------

Fido;113032 wrote:

so they change their forms...Lions live short miserable lives, and sheep live in fear...

Miserable and fear by human limits and estimations, not by there/their own.
The animal kingdom has all it needs to contend with, it does not even really need us to do it for them, even the subject of their survival is muted by the fact they dont ever tell us how they really feel, we feel it for them, and rightly so, compassion is not just extended to humans, and better for it we are.
We recognise the suffering sometimes more for animals than we do for ourselves.

Fido

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:48 pm
@Quinn phil,
Quinn;113068 wrote:

What did God try to be in the process of becoming what ever you think of as God???Who made God who made the world???It is hard to find a cause without a cause behind it...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:12:48