The metaphysical purpose of the soul

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

onehorn

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 12:03 am
@richrf,
Hello rich Smile,
Where does the string(soul) come from? I see u have dynamic concept of soul, changing and learning. Does this process goes to the infinity?

Well, i think concept creates the hierarchy of soul on the basis of level of learning and changes.

richrf

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 08:24 am
@onehorn,
onehorn;89337 wrote:
Hello rich Smile,
Where does the string(soul) come from? I see u have dynamic concept of soul, changing and learning. Does this process goes to the infinity?

Hi onehorn,

The soul is a manifestation of what I would call the Universal Consciousness. Some call it the Dao. It is the beginning of everything. When it begins to move (Daoist Will/Zhi) in order to Observe/Create ( Daoist Yi), then it creates waves. These waves are the waves are like the waves in an ocean. Do the waves in an ocean, once they are formed, ever disappear? I think it is a good question. They get smaller and smaller and bigger and bigger, and they merge with other waves. But do they ever disappear? I think not, but they might.

onehorn;89337 wrote:
Well, i think concept creates the hierarchy of soul on the basis of level of learning and changes.

I know of some philosophers such as Itzhak Bentov who do suggest that some souls are more evolved than others. That is, they have a more evolved nervous system that has greater awareness, sensitivity, ability to assimilate and transmit data. In this respect, there very well may be a hierarchy. However, at the same time, we are all evolving together and no one is left behind, so there really isn't one way that is better than another. There is no rush. We all evolve in our own way, and all ways are OK.

Rich

hammersklavier

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 12:43 pm
@richrf,
I'm not sold on the inherent actuality of the soul, partly because (previous) seems a little ridiculous to me, but as a metaphysical construct, a mirror in which we can see our own ego, our at least its own perception thereof, it's useful. Since I grew up in a weakly Christian household in a predominantly Christian country, I take the notion of the soul for granted, but at the same time I am aware of no absolute objective proof of its existence. And that, I suppose, is the magic of it.

richrf

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 01:13 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier;89427 wrote:
I take the notion of the soul for granted, but at the same time I am aware of no absolute objective proof of its existence. And that, I suppose, is the magic of it.

Proof is tough to come by, since everyone is going to see things differently, even proofs. However, I do believe that there are clues/evidence. But for me this is still a game of hide-and-seek, and like you I enjoy the magic of it. It keeps me busy looking.

Rich

kennethamy

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 06:12 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier;89427 wrote:
I'm not sold on the inherent actuality of the soul, partly because (previous) seems a little ridiculous to me, but as a metaphysical construct, a mirror in which we can see our own ego, our at least its own perception thereof, it's useful. Since I grew up in a weakly Christian household in a predominantly Christian country, I take the notion of the soul for granted, but at the same time I am aware of no absolute objective proof of its existence. And that, I suppose, is the magic of it.

I take the notion of the Spaghetti Monster for granted, but at the same time, I am aware of no absolute objective proof of its existence. And that, I suppose, is the magic of it.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:26:38