Life like a dream. Death wakeing up

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Life like a dream. Death wakeing up

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:03 pm
Im very glad we can have dreams when we sleep. I think they give me the most optimistic views about reality that I get.

In dreams we see ourselves with a head, and a brain. Would be interesting if someone could have a lucid dream and then open up a dead bodys brain and start investigating. Or start doing science.. In there dream. Start talking about philosophy to other dream characters in your dream. I would love to lucid dream to explore this. But untill then, they still give me alot of hope.

At the moment, seeing as i dont ever experience anything spiritual. If this reality was a dream then.. I guess its best to say it would be like a normal dream. you have no awareness that your just in a dream. You just go about your dream and you mostly can't control much of it. Only what you assume is possible. If life is a dream like that then. when you die you will wake up. And come to a sudden realisation that it was all a dream and just know. Like you do in the morning.. Oh wait.. that wasnt me. was just a dream.

I think the best thing to do in life is to try and get to the state similar to a lucid dream when you are dreaming.

does anyone have any suggestions how i can do this? I know it would involve first hand experience. I just want a first hand experience. Lotf of people take drugs to do this. DMT. for example is apparently amazing. however I know this would be a temporary state of lucid dream and consciousness would go back to the state of everything I expect and limitations again when the trip finishes. Has anyone had experience with psychedelic drugs? Was the experience life altering? I imagine its possible that when you come back to the unaware state of consciousness you have to make scene of the higher consciousness experience by explaining it by your brain. But im suggesting the only consciousnesses is mine and you are all part of it. so any physical explanation You get when you come back from the trip would just be your lower state trying to explain it. Even if somone video taped you experianceing the higher state the only reason you would see it is because of the explanation you would have to make in the lower state. In the lower state it just wouldnt make scene.

I am going to ask friends that have done psychedelics about there experiences. I havnt done this.
But yeah untill then.

Do you think I should try altering my state of consciousness with drugs?

If not. Then what other things? meditation?

Do you just not get my whole concept and think im crazy?

Nicu phil

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:55 pm
@glasstrees,
Well, this is a interesting idea. I never experienced a lucid dream. But if it's possible to simulate one i guess the activity will violate your health. The question is if you will be consciousness in a dream, how you will escape it? If I understood right.

glasstrees

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:59 pm
@Nicu phil,
Nicu;73405 wrote:
Well, this is a interesting idea. I never experienced a lucid dream. But if it's possible to simulate one i guess the activity will violate your health. The question is if you will be consciousness in a dream, how you will escape it? If I understood right.

Yeah like.. if you had an avatar of you in a dream. can you die in the dream but still have consciousness in the dream? Well normally dyeing in a dream makes you wake up. Has everytime for me.

I have had a lucid dream a cupple of times. But never as good as some people. Normally I will realise im dreaming start to manifest something crazy like start to fly. Then I wake up Razz

Nicu phil

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 02:11 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;73406 wrote:
Yeah like.. if you had an avatar of you in a dream. can you die in the dream but still have consciousness in the dream? Well normally dyeing in a dream makes you wake up. Has everytime for me.

I have had a lucid dream a cupple of times. But never as good as some people. Normally I will realise im dreaming start to manifest something crazy like start to fly. Then I wake up Razz

I remembered when i was dreaming, i realize the fact that i am dreaming and woke up. But i never died in a dream, so i can't say.

But if when you will try to kill yourself in a dream to wake up you will continue to dream. For example you will try to drop a toaster in a bath and still dream. Or decapitate yourself and still talk :-)).

Nice topic :-D.

richrf

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 02:13 pm
@glasstrees,
For fun, you can read about symbolism in dreams. It's fun. Some literature is little more weightier then others. I have like Jung but I also have a really fun pop-up book on dreams and their symbolism. It is an interesting area to study.

Rich

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Life like a dream. Death wakeing up
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:21:06