A boundary to nothingness

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » A boundary to nothingness

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 11:21 pm
You know how we have electrons that are filled with nothing. So we have a nothingness, and then a somethingness. ( I need to expand my vocab.)

What if we were programmed to sequentiate somethings and nothings in the reality we perceive. We have a nothingness, 'infinitisity', lol.

And perception is programmed with a sequence to provide us with what spatial coordinates have something and what has nothing; from nothing to begin with. That would mean that the source of something must be what was programmed.

The sequence would not be irrational, but actually connoting or rather literally denoting to the source being a single point, nothing at all. (if you believe the big bang theory, perhaps this is an example). So the sequence may be only one piece of information that derives the whole outcome.

What makes the electron an electron? Is it the emptiness in side, the nothingness? Or is it the shell, the somethingness? Is the shell 2D? Then what is inside the shell, more emptiness?

It makes me feel that the actuality of our environment is still in fact nothing. We are simply a sequence in which to attain a something that gives "potential", and reality comes by that. And the potential is cause for consciousness, maybe...

I really don't have an understanding of particles so perhaps this information is taught in university or something.

nameless

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:19 am
@Holiday20310401,
You prove this;
Holiday20310401;21442 wrote:
I really don't have an understanding of particles

by this;
Quote:
You know how we have electrons that are filled with nothing.

You speak of an 'electron' as if it were an empty cup. It is nothing of the kind.
Is it not 'wise' to learn at least the very basics of something before presenting it as a topic of discussion? I see a better use of your obviously functional mind if you had some 'firm foundation' upon which to 'build/ponder'.
No need to reinvent the wheel when you can stand on the shoulders of giants!

Holiday20310401

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:54 am
@nameless,
Yeah, thanks. I figured as much. Alright then, what form do electrons take? If not the highschool version anyways.

nameless

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:31 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Yeah, thanks. I figured as much. Alright then, what form do electrons take? If not the highschool version anyways.

An electron has no form; it is 'information', 'possibilities', 'probabilities'.

Fairbanks

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 04:35 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
. . . What makes the electron an electron? Is it the emptiness in side, the nothingness? Or is it the shell, the somethingness? Is the shell 2D? Then what is inside the shell, more emptiness?. . . .

Smile

Electrons are a tension in space: no particle there. Electrons do not orbit the nucleus. The dimensions are infinite, which puts all the mass in the surface. This is elementary science--useless like the syllogisms, which we must know anyway.

Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:40 pm
@Fairbanks,
I feel like I've been thrown in mud through the crap taught in school sometimes. I mean do they just think students are stupid or something, like we can't handle the actual way things are?

nameless

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:18 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;22479 wrote:
I feel like I've been thrown in mud through the crap taught in school sometimes. I mean do they just think students are stupid or something, like we can't handle the actual way things are?

Teachers teach what they are told, what they know and have been taught. It is up to you to use the (taught) ability to read and to think to educate yourself. And that education, with its constant 'critical updates' and critical examinations, 'never' end.
We are taught much obsolete and nonsensical crap in the 'sacred halls' of academe. When my kids were in school, I was right on top of it! I was in school often and had a close relationship with the 'teachers' and material being 'taught'. Ultimately, I am/was my childrens primary teacher, and also my own!
If one learns nothing more at school than to play nicely, to share one's toys, not to hit and to read, one has a good start on one's continuing education.
Peace

Fairbanks

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:10 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:

Smile

Wasn't until I got to senior level math that the prof finally nailed the problem. Said he: Up to now you have been cheated in your math education; you should get your money back.

The world would be different if we had more like him.

Zetetic11235

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:48 pm
@Fairbanks,
Holiday,

As a course of self study:
Learn Calculus up to multivariable, and include linear algebra, you will mostly be set for learning mathematical physics. A good introductory text on mathematical physics will then take you to the point where you can really delve into just about any area of modern physics and fully understand the mathematics of it.

You should download the torrents Physics Complete and Mathematics Complete.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » A boundary to nothingness
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:51:34