I'll introduce myself here.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I'll introduce myself here.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:10 pm
I'm new here. I came to this forum after goofin' around at a political forum for a while. I discovered that most of my posts seemed to become more philosophical and less political. So I thought a philosophy forum might be more fulfilling.

I'm not particularly interested in philosophy as a discipline. I'm not very influenced by the great philosophers of history. My influences are generally, but not limited to, the earthy types, including, my grandmother, Will Rogers, Mark Twain, and Buddha. Mostly, my philosophy is a hodgepodge of whatever strikes my fancy at a particular moment. As I see it, it can be no other way.

Justin

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 11:02 pm
@chad3006,
Well, welcome to the Philosophy Forum and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

This forum is evolving with people from all over and while there are some that are very into philosophy, there are others who think and read. All Philosophy discussion is welcome here, the very cosmic and the down to earth as well as long as it supports the main goal of the forum:
Quote:
The goal of the Philosophy Forum is to build a supportive community of users around the world that will strengthen and enrich it's users and guests through open communication, debate, and discussion in the topics of Philosophy and general other discussion.
Forum Guidelines are located HERE!

Thanks again for joining us, please enjoy your stay!

Refus

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 03:39 pm
@chad3006,
I like you both! Welcome chad.

chad3006

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 06:09 pm
@chad3006,
Thanks, I already feel more included in this forum than in others I've participated in.

Aristoddler

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:45 pm
@chad3006,
Thanks for noticing that some philosophers were not recognized as such, Chad.
Especially Will Rogers and your grandmother. Smile

Hope you enjoy your stay.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I'll introduce myself here.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 06:57:19