Better late than never...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Better late than never...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 06:42 am
Sorry guys, I'm posting this after having already posted on the forum. There's just so much good stuff here, I couldn't help myself. Wink

My name is Pongobongo and I hail from state of Wisconsin in the United States. I'm a Technical Instructor, teaching career-changing adults how to administer Microsoft networks.

Philosophically, I'm the perennial devil's advocate. I'll counter argue anything, anytime, anywhere. And when I don't have anyone to debate with, I work on tearing my own arguments asunder. I do have a softer side though. I can reverse the process and put a positive spin on just about anything. Smile

Aristoddler

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 06:57 am
@Pongobongo,
Hey, you're me...except the thing about being from Wisconsin.

I love being devil's advocate, just to keep a good debate going.
See you on the forums!

de budding

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 02:03 pm
@Pongobongo,
Welcome Pongo,
I have a simlair condition, think it was some kind of defensive reaction to some mild social anxiety that I seemed to overcome by getting very argumentative. Smile Looks like your going to have some competition, maybe I can learn to agree to diagree. :rolleyes:

Pongobongo

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 03:54 pm
@Aristoddler,
Aristoddler wrote:
Hey, you're me...except the thing about being from Wisconsin.

I love being devil's advocate, just to keep a good debate going.
See you on the forums!

Wow! The first to welcome me is the Aristoddler! I've ready many of your posts, good work my friend. Very Happy

It's reassuring knowing that one of the "big guns" here is also a devil's advocate. Perhaps you'll agree that it is always a bit disconcerting when everyone simply agrees on something without debate? But that's for another thread... Wink

Pongobongo

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 03:59 pm
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:
Welcome Pongo,
I have a simlair condition, think it was some kind of defensive reaction to some mild social anxiety that I seemed to overcome by getting very argumentative. Smile Looks like your going to have some competition, maybe I can learn to agree to diagree. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome sir! If only more of us had this condition (questionitis?), then we could prevent some of the many problems cause by "the mass mind". I think all intellectuals suffer from mild social anxieties to some extent. Perhaps it is this withdrawl that gives us our uncommon objectivity? Wink

de Silentio

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 10:51 pm
@Pongobongo,
Quote:

administer Microsoft networks

I administer Microsoft networks, and thoroughly enjoy it. In fact, I also instruct in a way, but to high school students.

Quote:
I'll counter argue anything, anytime, anywhere. And when I don't have anyone to debate with, I work on tearing my own arguments asunder.

Arguments seem to be the foundation of philosophy.

Justin

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 11:20 pm
@Pongobongo,
Welcome Pongobongo! Nice of you to join.

Appreciate your Intro post and we do hope you enjoy the community. We have a nice community of great minds and personalities from all over the world as you've already been involved. Make yourself at home and we'll see you in the forums!

Pongobongo

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 03:33 pm
@de Silentio,
de Silentio wrote:
I administer Microsoft networks, and thoroughly enjoy it. In fact, I also instruct in a way, but to high school students.

Arguments seem to be the foundation of philosophy.

Ah, a fellow administrator and instructor. Well met sir! Smile

They do indeed, but agreement has its place as well. Wink

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Better late than never...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 12:40:27