ethics and property

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » ethics and property

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:03 pm
This may sound crazy to many but is it ethical for someone to have to purchase land to build a home? I do see great problems with what I am asking.
The way I see this is that the world belongs to all of us but not all of us have a piece of property to lay our head down and sleep. We have to purchace a piece of property so that we can live, other wise we will have to rent. I do know that there would be conflicts about who would get the more prime land and so forth.
I would think that the elders [Your grand parents] should be able to pick the better pieces such as water front and so forth. I know this sound crazy but what ethical right do others have to claim thousands of acres while you have to buy a acre or rent just so you can sleep at night:detective:.

TranscendHumanit

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
Why does ethic matter? Who say jurisprudence have anything to do with morality? Maybe normatives are developed from jurisprudential standards that were developed by people to actually suit their interests?

I think property is civilization. You don't just get to decide against it because you don't think it is fair. Universe is not fair. Society is not about being fair - it is about not being savages.

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:23 pm
@TranscendHumanit,
TranscendHumanit;149758 wrote:
Why does ethic matter? Who say jurisprudence have anything to do with morality? Maybe normatives are developed from jurisprudential standards that were developed by people to actually suit their interests?

I think property is civilization. You don't just get to decide against it because you don't think it is fair. Universe is not fair. Society is not about being fair - it is about not being savages.

I do see your point of view. Are there others that also think that this is a good point of view? If so please explain why?Smile

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » ethics and property
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:50:32