2. » Ethics
  3. » What is the "universal truth?"

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:01 pm
Hm...I wonder....

Amperage

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:30 pm
@biscuithead175,
I'm not sure what it is but I guess I would define it as that which is right by God.
defining God as one with an infinite perspective of past, present, and future.

not that I think if something is considered right in the past, present, and future then it's right simply because of that fact but more like it's right despite that fact or in conjunction with that fact.

It is right due to it's own intrinsic qualities. It's right because it just is. Because that's its nature.

EDIT

not sure this is the direction you were trying to go..

William

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:31 pm
@biscuithead175,
Hello......................well biscuithead. Sometimes I do get profoundly amazed a some of the avatars individuals choose.

Well to start with is that the universe, is; more importantly, we are a part of it. And that is the truth. How's that?

Now...............exactly how we fit into...................all that; welcome to the forum. Let's discuss it, shall we. What are you wondering..............about? Please keep it simple or at least try.

William

biscuithead175

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:44 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;116754 wrote:
I'm not sure what it is but I guess I would define it as that which is right by God.
defining God as one with an infinite perspective of past, present, and future.

not that I think if something is considered right in the past, present, and future then it's right simply because of that fact but more like it's right despite that fact or in conjunction with that fact.

It is right due to it's own intrinsic qualities. It's right because it just is. Because that's its nature.

EDIT

not sure this is the direction you were trying to go..

haha its all good. its all fair game in this thread.

---------- Post added 01-03-2010 at 10:21 PM ----------

William;116755 wrote:
Hello......................well biscuithead. Sometimes I do get profoundly amazed a some of the avatars individuals choose.

Well to start with is that the universe, is; more importantly, we are a part of it. And that is the truth. How's that?

Now...............exactly how we fit into...................all that; welcome to the forum. Let's discuss it, shall we. What are you wondering..............about? Please keep it simple or at least try.

William

I actually started this thread to do an "experiment" if you will. I mainly want to just see what everyone else whats to think.

jgweed

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 10:35 am
@biscuithead175,
WHY should one think there are universal truths? And what does it mean that we want to have them?

kennethamy

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 10:44 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;116892 wrote:
WHY should one think there are universal truths? And what does it mean that we want to have them?

You might add the question, what are they? A truth that is applicable to everything? A truth that is eternally true?

Fido

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 11:35 am
@biscuithead175,
biscuithead175;116749 wrote:
Hm...I wonder....

The universal truth is best understood by a maxim: It will cost twice as much tomorrow and will be half as much fun...

HexHammer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 09:36 am
@biscuithead175,
Take a square, turn it 45 degrees, now you have a picture of peoples IQ/RQ. In the middle are the grey mass which are smart in some ways, stupid in others, further up they get smarter ..but fewer, and on top are the really smart, but very few, and it goes aswell for the opposit.
That is an universal template for everything of humans.

Fido

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 10:33 am
@Fido,
Fido;116923 wrote:
The universal truth is best understood by a maxim: It will cost twice as much tomorrow and will be half as much fun...

I forget how smart I am some times until I find one of my old posts...How do you folks stand it???

Krumple

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 10:39 am
@Fido,
Fido;138997 wrote:
I forget how smart I am some times until I find one of my old posts...How do you folks stand it???

Easy, we just look for Fido and then put ourselves on ignore. Kidding though, hey at least you are noticing a change. For the better too I hope, cause I'm not sure what to tell you if you were progressing the other direction.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » What is the "universal truth?"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:46:29