hi my name is Alex

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » hi my name is Alex

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 03:43 pm
hi my name is Alex hall i'm from Dallas Texas I like music, obviously phillosophy and psychology I'm 23 and a ecumenicist and I love to write

Justin

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 06:53 pm
@vajrasattva,
Warm welcome to the forum Alex. Enjoy writing and the community.

vajrasattva

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 06:58 pm
@vajrasattva,
I like that quote

vajrasattva

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 08:19 pm
@vajrasattva,
I think I'll sum up my beliefs for you so you can know me and my philosophy a little better. I am a pantheist, a bodhisattva, and I think that the world in it self is entirely dependent upon sentient perception. I say this because, as we think so we are, and so is our world. I do not believe in dualism because of my understanding of the eastern perspective. However i do believe in the unity and multiplicity of human experience, and i think that this multiplicity is due to a conscious awareness of the intrinsic nature of self and reality in its respect. By this i mean that our awareness allows for a multiplicity of perception in order to bring consciousness of the unity of being to the individual in reality. The intrinsic nature of self is transcendental consciousness and awareness and reality is the true nature of self. As such all of individual reality (which is infinite) is dependent upon the self for its interpretation and the whole of reality is dependent upon the individual. one less then infinity is not infinity and is infinity in its own respect. The one removed from infinity becomes infinity and as such neither one nor infinity can not be removed from the infinite.
As a group of individuals sharing in the world we come to express our consciousness through meaning. I find it interesting that the word mean is in meaning. To me this expresses the fact that a meaning is an average understanding of the term at hand. So it is with the individual in reality as well as the whole. Each individual has meaning in the infinite and finite sense of the reality, and that meaning is conveyed from individual to individual, and so through the whole of reality. As such reality is shared. Expression is conveyed and transfered through the infinite and finite awareness of each individual being by the medium of sentient consciousness on a conceptual level. This allows for the appearance of the myriad of forms, feelings, thoughts, motivations, and consciousnesses that arise in the world system. In conclusion all is one and one is all
long live france

boagie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 12:26 am
@vajrasattva,
Vajrasattva,Smile

:)Welcome, I think you will find in shareing your thoughts here, not only the contributions of other associates but also a clearifing and perhaps expansion of your world view. I think you have found the right place and again, welcome Vajrasattva!!

:)Hay Justin, I am back, looking forward to bouncing a few new ideas off you!!Very Happy

de budding

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 07:48 am
@vajrasattva,
Hey Alex, nice to meet you. I envy your conviction and I like the sentiment of all being one and one being all... I wish i knew what my beliefs where Sad

TTFN,
Dan.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » hi my name is Alex
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:47:38