Universal Values

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

salima

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:08 am
@William,
William;67101 wrote:
Did you view the clip? I didn't refer to a song in particular.

Thanks,
william

Surprised sorry william, no i didnt i thought i knew what it was but apparently i was wrong. i am on dialup and i have no idea how to download the file to view it later, so i have to let it run until it gets through to the end, but i will do that now. it is a great hardship for me not to be able to view all the clips people post, but some day true broadband will come to my little town and i hope when it does i have enough money to get it. what a luxury!

William

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:22 am
@salima,
salima;67122 wrote:
Surprised sorry william, no i didnt i thought i knew what it was but apparently i was wrong. i am on dialup and i have no idea how to download the file to view it later, so i have to let it run until it gets through to the end, but i will do that now. it is a great hardship for me not to be able to view all the clips people post, but some day true broadband will come to my little town and i hope when it does i have enough money to get it. what a luxury!

Forgive me for putting you on the spot. Sorry. I just think it is such a valuable clip. It has a lot of meaning and is a 'pick-me-upper', in my opinion. That attitude that is depicted by Uncle Remus, is what life should be for all people.
William
Believe it or not that movie is considered prejudical and biased. By both blacks and whites. Sad. We do have some serious problems in this country.

salima

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:34 am
@William,
William;67127 wrote:
Forgive me for putting you on the spot. Sorry. I just think it is such a valuable clip. It has a lot of meaning and is a 'pick-me-upper', in my opinion. That attitude that is depicted by Uncle Remus, is what life should be for all people.
William
Believe it or not that movie is considered prejudical and biased. By both blacks and whites. Sad. We do have some serious problems in this country.

william, the clip IS a song! it's just exactly as i remembered it from childhood. is there something in it other than a song that you are referring to? i feel like a dunce, but i cant see any particular attitude being depicted other than maybe optimism? what meaning do you get out of it? sorry to put you on the spot too, but now i am really curious!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:57:28