ticket

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » ticket

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

MITech

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 07:22 am
My dad got a 61 dollar ticket for parking on our own driveway but it was just about a foot on the grass.Its not like it was blocking a fire hydren or something important. In my opinion this is unfair. If the city really cares about us parking on a foot of grass then they should be the ones responsible for taking care of the grass not us.:thats-enough:

What do you think should happen

Vasska

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 07:48 am
@MITech,
MITech wrote:
My dad got a 61 dollar ticket for parking on our own driveway but it was just about a foot on the grass.Its not like it was blocking a fire hydren or something important. In my opinion this is unfair. If the city really cares about us parking on a foot of grass then they should be the ones responsible for taking care of the grass not us.:thats-enough:

What do you think should happen

Go on rampage trough the city like in the movie Falling Down.

Anyhow many countries have these problems. We have to pay for permits to be able to park in our own street, but they don't check whether people have permits or not. This along with Dog-tax, but not Cat or Bird-tax and other forms of strange taxes and fines for doing normal stuff.

I think you should fight the city for giving out this ticket. But first check your options and local laws etc before doing so.

Or pay the ticket and be over with.

alex717

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 01:27 pm
@MITech,
Instead of going to court, write a letter to the judge, they are usually much more sympathetic when they are alone reading over requests. I had a ticket dismissed this way, I think this is possible throughout the states, I did mine in California.

xris

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 01:56 pm
@alex717,
Depends how rebellious you feel..crap in their letter box..you wont get of the fine but it will make you feel better..

Joe

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 02:04 pm
@xris,
Heres a thought, Dont pay it. Or do anything else for that matter. They want to keeping taking your money, for anyway they can come up with.

For something so stupid, it does not warrent a response.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 06:55 pm
@Joe,
If you do not pay, chances are you will be hit with yet another fine, a more expensive fine. If you do not pay the second, you may face a third or even a few nights in jail.

Simply refusing to pay the fine is about the worse thing you can do. Refusing to pay the fine will only invite greater legal trouble.

If you take issue with the fine, a letter to the judge sounds like a good idea, or you could go to court on your assigned day and contest the fine.

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught." Looks like your Dad got caught.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » ticket
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:54:38