Hypocrisy Of People

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » Hypocrisy Of People

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 03:34 pm
Society thrives on the master slave relationship of conquest, subjugation, control and domination of others through disposal.

This exists through forms of classism, exploitation, servitude, enslavement and control of other people on a wide social scale where isolation, alienation, mental trauma or desensitization is a consequence of such behavior.

It has always been this way through history and I doubt it will ever change.

Meanwhile through all this inequality and degradation we have somthing called ethics or morality which pronounces that all people must coincide to narrow definitions of what is seemingly called right in refraining from equally narrow definitions of what is call wrong.

Is this even realistic?

The paradox lies in the fact that past and present history revolves around inequality in the guise of the master slave relationship in which millions of people have to do things they don't want to do against their own will where simultaneously those in control tell it's citizens to obey or behave in being moral.

Is this not hypocrisy or at the very least a unrealistic perspective on life in general?

Those who describe people as moral agents are foolish to me and those who speak of equality in human events have to be some of the greatest liars I have ever known.

A great deal of people speak about the sacredness of human life all the while they partake in the collective of society which forces people do things everyday against their own will which rather naively they call human freedom.

Arjen

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 04:37 pm
@Pessimist,
I have many thoughts like these. I wonder how you see the "enslavement" by socienty though. Call it a second opinion. How do you see that happening?

Pessimist

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 04:36 pm
@Arjen,
My favorite irony upon talking about the hypocrisy of people or the inevitable inequality that follows is when people describe themselves as not partaking in any inequal activity.

Society thrives on the enslavement of individuals or by going against the will of others in order to prevail itself.

If you partake in society your partaking in inequality even if you do it unconsciously since everything in society is collectively interconnected. Wink

One doesn't have to be conscious to partake in inequality infact many seemingly do it unconciously which ironically they believe themselves to be just humanitarians all at the same time.

( How that exactly works I do not know.)

Arjen

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 09:56 am
@Pessimist,
Do you want me to explain the denial of said people, or the way people are lulled into such denial (psychological or political explanation)?

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 12:44 pm
@Pessimist,
If as implied that morals are created and applied by the dominant class, its not hypocritical the people that make the rules can't really break them, they just make another set of rules for themselves.

Pessimist

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 12:54 pm
@Arjen,
Arjen wrote:
Do you want me to explain the denial of said people, or the way people are lulled into such denial (psychological or political explanation)?

Sure, go ahead and do so.

Pessimist

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 12:55 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
If as implied that morals are created and applied by the dominant class, its not hypocritical the people that make the rules can't really break them, they just make another set of rules for themselves.

Can you explain that a little more fully please?

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 01:12 pm
@Pessimist,
It is summed up in an old addage, he who has the gold makes the rules.

Pessimist

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 01:54 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
It is summed up in an old addage, he who has the gold makes the rules.

So in otherwords he that can enforce control with guns, violence, and displays of power makes the rules.

That doesn't seem to do anything for morality or ethics and infact makes them even more unbelievable.

It is no wonder why there is so much violence, hate and rebellion in this world.

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 04:18 pm
@Pessimist,
For a nihlist you are awfully romantic about "what should be"

Pessimist

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 10:59 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
For a nihlist you are awfully romantic about "what should be"

Actually not at all. My sentiment is one of chaos and aimless relativity where anything or everything goes.

In my dream like world of fantasy aristrocrats and wealthy people are dragged out into the streets only to be murdered or raped due to the very hypocrisy they support where there exists noone to help them in their screams of being torture by their very own physical weaknesses.

On the contrary I fully believe that might makes things right and that violence is the prime motivator of our species.

I'm merely saying that your perceived understanding of morality is naive or unrealistic and really doesn't make a good foundation for applied ethics beyond physical violence.

If you believe like me that physical violence in actuality is the actual ethics of people it would seem to me that being a emotivist or amoralist would be right up your alley.

When I make these threads describing hypocrisy or inequality I merely do so because I much delight in tearing the fabrics of morality apart by acting as a mirror in reflecting it's own ugliness not because I care about anyone particular.

I hope this post helps you understand my intentions and beliefs.

I believe violence, destruction, and dominance is ingrained in us biologically in a rather deterministic way.

If we accept that position why must we correct anything which is seemingly natural for us to embrace?

Pessimist wrote:
I believe violence, destruction, and dominance is ingrained in us biologically in a rather deterministic way.

If we accept that position why must we correct anything which is seemingly natural for us to embrace?

By taking my previous post into context I shall now illustrate even more on it:

How can a person be guilty of their own bio-chemistry?

How can a person be guilty of their own physiology?

If we admit that the cosmos is a deterministic one our aggressive violent malign dispositions are predetermined by evolution and creation.

If we are determined to have a amount of violence and aggression within us, why correct anything upon understanding that such things are completely natural?

Could it be possible that what we seek to correct is an illusion and that everything that is, is as it should be as it was determined by evolution itself?

Justin

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 11:56 am
@Pessimist,
Pessimist wrote:
When I make these threads describing hypocrisy or inequality I merely do so because I much delight in tearing the fabrics of morality apart by acting as a mirror in reflecting it's own ugliness not because I care about anyone particular.

The only reflection you will ever see is the reflection of yourself. Likewise the mirror will reflect back to you, that which you reflect into it.

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 12:01 pm
@Pessimist,
Are you really tearing anything apart? Are you really enlightening people? Are the people here really unaware of violence, chaos, self service, narcissism and nihlism?

Pessimist

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 12:17 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
Are you really tearing anything apart? Are you really enlightening people? Are the people here really unaware of violence, chaos, self service, narcissism and nihlism?

My pessimism is so deep that I know nothing will ever change in reality beyond these arbitrary discussions of ours and various appearances of things.

Philosophy to me is a wonderful insight into knowledge but mostly a bag of wind useless into contrast of people's fanatical superstitions that is ruled by the mob.

I mostly enjoy these philosophical exercises merely as entertainment for myself to keep me away from boredom and by knowing that nothing in which I say or anybody else for that matter will change anything I care not about enlightenment.

I care not for enlightenment as such conversations on the subject seem entirely absurd to me.

Quote:
Are the people here really unaware of violence, chaos, self service, narcissism and nihlism?

I don't know. I have only begun to dig the surface of this forum.

Pessimist

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 12:23 pm
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
The only reflection you will ever see is the reflection of yourself. Likewise the mirror will reflect back to you, that which you reflect into it.

If this statement is a attempt to discredit me know that I like myself just fine and that I have had years of self introspection to know what I am.

Justin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 12:56 pm
@Pessimist,
Pessimist wrote:
Actually not at all. My sentiment is one of chaos and aimless relativity where anything or everything goes.

In my dream like world of fantasy aristrocrats and wealthy people are dragged out into the streets only to be murdered or raped due to the very hypocrisy they support where there exists noone to help them in their screams of being torture by their very own physical weaknesses.

The above statement is absurd and definitely not in line with the mission statement of this forum.

My suggestion to you is that you find another forum more suitable for this way of thinking as it will not poison the discussions on this forum or this community. You've come in here and stated your dismal and dreary philosophy and it's time you take it with you and share it with those who share your sentiments. You can all be pessimists together.

Pessimist wrote:
I'm merely saying that your perceived understanding of morality is naive or unrealistic and really doesn't make a good foundation for applied ethics beyond physical violence.

The only naivety found here is in the statements you've made on this forum. You may be intelligent, but knowledge is something you've yet to acquire. Calling other naive is like the pot calling the kettle black.

This statement above is my breaking point.

Pessimist wrote:
I hope this post helps you understand my intentions and beliefs.

I do thank you and frankly, they are not what is wanted in a community where we share and discuss information and knowledge for the betterment of mankind not the destruction of it.

Pessimist wrote:
If this statement is a attempt to discredit me know that I like myself just fine and that I have had years of self introspection to know what I am.

Discredit you is not the intention at all. Are you sure you aren't a discredit to yourself? Why would you bring this up? Is this a fear you have that people are out there trying to discredit a pessimist? Frankly, nobody needs to cause you're doing a fine job yourself. But wait, one has to have earned the credit in order to be discredited... Now I'm puzzled. :confused:

Say your peace and find a community that will better suit your way of thinking.

Pessimist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:10 pm
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
The above statement is absurd and definitely not in line with the mission statement of this forum.

My suggestion to you is that you find another forum more suitable for this way of thinking as it will not poison the discussions on this forum or this community. You've come in here and stated your dismal and dreary philosophy and it's time you take it with you and share it with those who share your sentiments. You can all be pessimists together.

The only naivety found here is in the statements you've made on this forum. You may be intelligent, but knowledge is something you've yet to acquire. Calling other naive is like the pot calling the kettle black.

This statement above is my breaking point.

I do thank you and frankly, they are not what is wanted in a community where we share and discuss information and knowledge for the betterment of mankind not the destruction of it.

Discredit you is not the intention at all. Are you sure you aren't a discredit to yourself? Why would you bring this up? Is this a fear you have that people are out there trying to discredit a pessimist? Frankly, nobody needs to cause you're doing a fine job yourself. But wait, one has to have earned the credit in order to be discredited... Now I'm puzzled. :confused:

Say your peace and find a community that will better suit your way of thinking.

Quote:

I thought this was a open and public internet forum?

I had no idea this was a gated community.

I find it ironic that people get disgusted when rape or murder is discussed but are so ready at the same time to call capitalistic enterprises of exploitative servitude which is equal to rape as being great forms of social progress where whole forms of individuality is murdered for a abstract known as the status quo.

Who is more poisonous? I wonder.

Atleast I'm honest in my approach to destructive behavior where others instead choose to disguise malign dispositions as moral progress through that of deception.

Justin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:20 pm
@Pessimist,
It's not about the discussion, it's about what you stand for. We have a mission statement on this forum and it sets the guidelines for the future of it. If you want to go full out on your topics that are not in line with the mission of this forum then you should do it elsewhere.

The only poison here is the poison you are feeding yourself.

I appreciate your respectfulness in the forum and your honesty as well. But for pessimists that dream of dragging the aristocrats and wealthy people into the streets and beating and raping them... Why because they aren't pessimistic? Quit being so bitter and open your eyes to the reality you are creating. This type of inhumane destruction of both mind and matter is not welcome here.

There's a line and there are rules. This is where the line is being drawn.

The Mission Statement:
Quote:

The goal of the Philosophy Forum is to build a supportive community of users around the world that will strengthen and enrich it's members guests through open communication, debate, and discussion in the topics of Philosophy and general other discussion.
Can be found here.

Aristoddler

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 09:01 pm
@GoshisDead,
No further discussion here is warranted.
Such casual speak of rape and murder is uncalled for and unwelcome here.
Keep in mind that this site is open to the public, and therefore to people of all ages.
Further pressure against this ruling will result in consequences.

Thread closed until further notice.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » Hypocrisy Of People
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:10:18