New to the forum help needed

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to the forum help needed

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:36 pm
Hi I have a school project where I have to discuss at least two major philosophical concepts relating to a great philosopher's idea from a movie or a novel. I picked the movie equilibrium; I think it has some ideas connected to Aristotle. I need help and opinions if any one watched that movie. Any opinions are much appreciated. Thank you.

Aristoddler

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:12 pm
@Silvia phil,
Wow, I wish I had cool projects like that in school.
I haven't seen the movie, but welcome to the site, and I hope you find the guidance you need.

de Silentio

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:33 pm
@Silvia phil,
Welcome. Which concepts do you think relate to Aristotle?

Silvia phil

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 02:39 pm
@de Silentio,
Aristotle's Virtue Ethics,The premise of maintaining the right amount of passion or balance of a passion in one's duty. However there is a clear drive to destroy that which makes us human by the repression of emotions . All that remains is the following of orders. Unable to think rationally or even question the regime that exist around them, the citizens are oblivious to the fact that it is the lust of Power which has kept them trapped in their world. If you have watched the movie an have suggestions I will be glad to hear them.

de Silentio

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 07:11 pm
@Silvia phil,
Is Equilibrium the movie where there are cops who can do super human things, and they keep people in check by making them take drugs that take the emotions out of people?

Silvia phil

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 08:19 pm
@de Silentio,
yes it is. The cops take the drugs to make them emotionless,and anyone that is emotional it is considered and offense.

the thinker

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:46 pm
@Silvia phil,
Whoa, that sounds bad.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to the forum help needed
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:05:16