New To This Forum

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New To This Forum

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 02:08 pm
I've been registered here since January(if I remember correctly)but I haven't bothered to post anything since I've been so busy.This is my 1st post so I would just like to say hello to everyone here.

I would also like to request some information on a few things.Namely, has anyone here ever heard of a educational institution called International Metaphysical Ministry University System/University of Metaphysics/University of Sedona? I ask this because I was just released from prison in Dec. I requested info from this institution and they said that convicted felons were not welcome to enroll,for no good reason as far as I can tell.They are supposedly one of the best metaphysical institutions in the world,and they offer classes in metaphysics,transpersonal psychology,spiritual healing,etc.
You would think that they would welcome anyone to enroll regardless of criminal record,because the study of metaphysics and related subjects can bring about a great deal of positive change in one's life.

Another question is, where can I obtain a high quality,accredited degree in philosophy(preferably at the doctoral level,even though I currently only hold a GED)? The metaphysical institutions I've looked at have lots of different courses/degrees available,but none specifically in philosophy. I have heard that people schooled in philosophy tend to be educated,well-rounded, and have excellent critical thinking skills. I have very recently become more interested in philosophy, metaphysics, spirituality/religion, and I am looking to change for the better. I really don't know how to say it, so I won't go on.

Lastly, has anyone here heard of the following institutions? If so,what do you know about them,and,more importantly,what is your opinion of them?:
Association For Research And Enlightenment/Edgar Cayce
Scientology
Religious Science
Rosicrucian
Universal Life Church
American Institute of Holistic Theology
College of Divine Metaphysics
Silva(more specifically, Jose Silva)
Transcendental Meditation/Science of Creative Intelligence/Maharishi University of Management
University of Science and Philosophy
University of Metaphysical Sciences
College of Metaphysical Studies/Meta Arts And Sciences

I ask this because I am thinking about getting involved with some the above.

Well, that's pretty much all for now. Please reply soon!!!

Justin

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:20 pm
@Enigma phil,
Well it's nice of you to finally introduce yourself here on this forum and hope you have time to get involved. Your honest introduction is also appreciated.

Society looks at ex-cons altogether different and whether it be a college, school or common work place environment. I think there's a lot of liability to consider when it comes to convicted felons in all areas. This isn't to say it's write or wrong, it's just the way it is, (no sugar coating it).

I'm not at all familiar with the first school you had mentioned in Sedona but I can offer you a bit of friendly advice on some of the others.

First, my most sincere advice is to stay as far away from scientology as you can. It's supposedly a religion... metaphysics has nothing to do with Religion.

University of Science and Philosophy - This is an accredited University but has no physical existence. Basically it's the teachings of two people, Walter and Lao Russell who have passed from this life. The University consists of board members, a president and a webmaster, (I'm the webmaster) and that's about it. However the backbone to the University is in the writings and lives of Walter and Lao Russell. I can say, with bias, that above all else you've read, the Home Study Course and the other books from the University of Science and Philosophy are some of the most important books released to modern society.

Read the Man Who Tapped the Secrets of the Universe for a brief intro to Walter Russell and the USP. There is also some videos on the website that you can watch.

As for the rest of them... couldn't advise either way.

If you are looking for a degree in philosophy, ask yourself why? What is a degree going to achieve in metaphysics that you cannot achieve without a degree? What would be the purpose of this degree? Most of these highly enlightened illuminates had little or no education so that's why I ask.

Your seeking change is admired and I encourage you to continue seeking.

Enigma, there's a blog feature on this site in the top left and I would also encourage you to use that feature. Write about your thoughts and experiences during your incarceration and people can also comment. It's nice to get a different perspective on things.

Enjoy the forum!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New To This Forum
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 01:38:40