Farewell philiforum

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Farewell philiforum

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:14 am
Hi All,
If you don't yet know, we are all moving tonight. As of tomorrow we will be sharing our digital home with another 100,000 people. There will be acceptance and rejection from both sides, but, as I have always found - "The mist will rise and the dew will settle". I would like to thank everyone here at philiforum for, if only briefly, being part of my thoughts and sharing yours with me
As for the staff and the forum itself - "BRILLIANT" effort guys, keep up the great work.

To my digital family - Thank you ALL, and have a brilliant everything, Always.
Mark...

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:25 am
@mark noble,
I guess the move has been delayed until Thursday. So continue to enjoy the forum, and don't worry about losing threads and posts since they are all headed with us.

salima

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:45 am
@mark noble,
i dont get it-i know i only lost my internet connection for a week, but a lot seems to have happened everywhere...what exactly is happening to the forum?

ughaibu

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:49 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;175035 wrote:
As of tomorrow we will be sharing our digital home with another 100,000 people.
It's an enormous number. This board presently has 4,404 registered members.

fast

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:52 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;175035 wrote:
Hi All,
If you don't yet know, we are all moving tonight. As of tomorrow we will be sharing our digital home with another 100,000 people. There will be acceptance and rejection from both sides, but, as I have always found - "The mist will rise and the dew will settle". I would like to thank everyone here at philiforum for, if only briefly, being part of my thoughts and sharing yours with me
As for the staff and the forum itself- "BRILLIANT" effort guys, keep up the great work.

Mark...

You're welcome.

[where's a handshake emoticon when you need one?]

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 10:14 am
@salima,
salima;175048 wrote:
i dont get it-i know i only lost my internet connection for a week, but a lot seems to have happened everywhere...what exactly is happening to the forum?

The forum is moving to a new home. It is merging with a discussion forum, and from the looks of it, we will basically be the new philosophy section of the forum. The forum is quite a bit different aesthetically, but the general quality seems to compare, and exceed ours in many places. Members play an active role in the moderation by giving posts thumbs up and down, and tagging of threads plays an integral role in the organization of the forum.

Of course, some members may hate the new forum, but others are going to love it. So, I want to thank everyone that has made my job here as a moderator a very fulfilling and pleasant experience, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the new forum after the merger.

platorepublic

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 10:16 am
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;175063 wrote:
The forum is moving to a new home. It is merging with a discussion forum, and from the looks of it, we will basically be the new philosophy section of the forum. The forum is quite a bit different aesthetically, but the general quality seems to compare, and exceed ours in many places. Members play an active role in the moderation by giving posts thumbs up and down, and tagging of threads plays an integral role in the organization of the forum.

Of course, some members may hate the new forum, but others are going to love it. So, I want to thank everyone that has made my job here as a moderator a very fulfilling and pleasant experience, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the new forum after the merger.

Wait I don't know what to say.... This seems outrageous! And I am laughing cause I just watched the Matrix.

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 10:51 am
@platorepublic,
Free Your Mind Plato, Free Your Mind

platorepublic

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:02 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;175078 wrote:
Free Your Mind Plato, Free Your Mind

Indeed........... I am the one.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:05 pm
@platorepublic,
Personally, I think this version of philforum has had a pretty good run. Topics were made, discussions were had, friendships and rivalries established, etc. Some really good stuff. I think in at least the last year, the forum was starting to get in gear with all of the features like groups and chat and so on, so I hope that those features carry over to the new forum. Definitely can't wait to see how everything looks in the new format. One has to wonder whether or not we will have all of our old stats, etc. carry over as well. But membership definitely make up the forum no matter where they are so I am sure it will be a very good forum no matter where we relocate to.

platorepublic

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:11 pm
@mark noble,
I do wonder - will those who were banned be no longer banned?

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:12 pm
@platorepublic,
They might not need to be on such a large site, set them loose with a wide open space to trawl, they might be happy in the wild.

sometime sun

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:20 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;175035 wrote:
Hi All,
As for the staff and the forum itself - "BRILLIANT" effort guys, keep up the great work.

Mark...

mark noble this sounds as if you may not be giving the new place a try, if this is the case I REALLY hope you reconsider as I feel as if we were only just starting a foundation of something great.

I am totally nervous of what is coming this has been my HOME for the past 9 months and has not just be an asset to my mind and computer skills but has equipped me mentally, intelligently, internally and spiritually.
philforum has been instrumental in me beating demons and re-enlisted me to the wonders of the world, universe and human condition, and so much more.
It has given me all of you guys.
That is what this forum is, it MEMBERS, we are a family we are a platoon and we don't leave any soldier behind.
We must all make an effort for this new place for the sake of the family and the unit.
If I lose one of you I will be heartbroken so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give it a try, at the least we will be the new collective, the interlopers, the 'outsiders', the new kids on the block in the new stead so we must stay together to be able to keep each other safe.
And if anything we need to be together to show the rest of the world how it's done and how philforum does things righteous.
We are the cool new kids, don't forget we come from the best stock, we are philforum bi*ch, quake at the mention of our name.Smile
WE are rightly going to blow all their minds, and how.

sometime sun

mark noble

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:31 pm
@sometime sun,
Dearest Sun,
Fret ye not fair maiden,
I've no intentions of going anywhere, and if I ever do, I will send you my E-mail address.
Shine On.
Mark...

Transcend

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:36 pm
@mark noble,
Oh Mark, I about had a heart attack until I saw your last post! And sometimes sun, very well said; I am still fairly new to the forum but really love what's going on here. Smile

mark noble

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:43 pm
@Transcend,
Transcend;175114 wrote:
Oh Mark, I about had a heart attack until I saw your last post! And sometimes sun, very well said; I am still fairly new to the forum but really love what's going on here. Smile

Hi, my good friend.
You too will have my E-mail, if ever.
But, I have no intentions of going anywhere.
And if any of you, my friends, do. I'll be very upset, indeed.
Be brilliant Mike.
Mark...

mister kitten

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 01:16 pm
@mark noble,
So let's all have a party in chat, yeah? Smile

philforum, you are the best

mark noble

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 01:20 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;175130 wrote:
So let's all have a party in chat, yeah? Smile

philforum, you are the best

Hi, my friend.
I would love to, but I'm off to bed in a minute. We'll catch up tomorrow - All of us.
Be magnificent, and flourish.
Mark...

G-Thomson

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 04:17 pm
@mark noble,
So what will be the URL of this newfangled discussion forum?
I really love the clean layout and ease of use I have experienced here, so I hope these aspects are present in the new location.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and shall talk with you all on the other side.

Until then, have fun!

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:15 am
Here you are. Welcome! Smile

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Farewell philiforum
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:20:04