Matter of Opinion?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Matter of Opinion?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 03:59 pm
Do you feel appreciated here or elsewhere?
(Do you need to be appreciated?)

Does it take another to agree with you for you to feel appreciated or for you to be able to appreciate them?
(Do like more those who like you and dislike more those who dislike you?)

How important is another's appreciation of you?
(How important is your own?)

Do you need to be liked?
(Do you not use the ignore button because you are afraid someone might use it on you?)

Do you want to be disliked so you don't need to be liked?
(Would you rather disappoint yourself than others?)

How important is your representation?
(Can you do this by yourself?)

Do you represent your self or other people?
(Who comes first?)

Who are you being you for?
(Do you like to be liked?)

Does it bother you if someone does not like or 'get' you?
(Is this because you wish to be liked by people you like?)

How do you like yourself if another does not?
(How does another like you if you do not?)

If someone does not like you are they in the wrong?
(If you do not like someone are you in the wrong?)

How do you feel important?
(Are you important?)

Would you rather be wrong about yourself than wrong about someone else?
Would you rather be right about yourself than right about someone else?
Would you rather be wrong about yourself than right about someone else?
Would you rather be right about yourself than wrong about someone else?

How does one stop caring so much of what another thinks of you than you think of yourself?
Should we care more of what others think of us or more of what we think of ourselves?

*answer one some or all, better still ask one of your own*

Ergo phil

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:31 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;165458 wrote:
..., better still ask one of your own*

How do you break down this wall---> :brickwall:?

Soul Brother

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 09:57 am
@Ergo phil,
Sun, I dearly hope this is not an epitomization of you're own feelings, for this would make you a very sad and very troubled person, which in turn makes me sad.

Have you answered these questions to your self?

Just one other thing, what is a reject button?

sometime sun

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:59 pm
@Ergo phil,
Ergo;165778 wrote:
How do you break down this wall---> :brickwall:?

Depends who and why it was put up?
Also depends on what is on the other side?
Is it protecting something worth a sore noggin?

(don't hurt yourself on my account, make sure when your skull opens it was all done for you)

fast

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:04 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;165458 wrote:
Do you feel appreciated here or elsewhere?
(Do you need to be appreciated?)

Does it take another to agree with you for you to feel appreciated or for you to be able to appreciate them?
(Do like more those who like you and dislike more those who dislike you?)

How important is another's appreciation of you?
(How important is your own?)

Make a conscious effort to show your appreciation, and you may just find that the appreciation you show is very much appreciated--and that's a good thing.

sometime sun

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 04:01 pm
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;166147 wrote:
Sun, I dearly hope this is not an epitomization of you're own feelings, for this would make you a very sad and very troubled person, which in turn makes me sad.

Have you answered these questions to your self?

Just one other thing, what is a reject button?

They were my feeling of that moment and that self, I ought not be so spontaneous or write so many characters.
Being a brilliant devils advocate means I can accept and investigate a persona without actually becoming that person.
Please don't be sad at least I am aware I am a very sad and very troubled person and wish to solve this about myself and others as well.
First step in becoming happy is to know what makes you sad, tackle it but try not to hide from it. (sometimes this cannot be helped)
Second step in becoming happy is to know what makes you happy, tackle it but try not to hide form it. (sometimes this can be helped).

I have answered these question for the self I am most proud of, in fact that self did not even ask, the part of my self that does not need to doubt its sum, but for the part of my self that is less proud and more doubtful, the part that asked these questions still has no idea because it has been given no answer.
Can you be selfish to your self?
Just thought I would be brave for the part of me that is a coward.
So have I answered these questions? Yes for most of me, no for most of you.
The part of my self that never asked or doubted because it never questions.
Makes you wonder if a truly open questioning mind and self is actually a highly doubtful self and mind?

Do you ever doubt your self or is it just other peoples selfs?
Do you think doubt worthless?
Therefore those who do not doubt or question are the worthy selfs?
Do you need to be answered unquestioning undoubting to be worthy?

Have you answered any of these question to your self, by your self?
Or is your self coward-less and unquestioning?
Would it make you a brave to either not ask or to not answer?
It would make me happy to think you brave enough to ask yourself these questions and find you did not need an answer.
Even if by not answering the coward is still left in the dark.

'what is a reject button?'
I am not sure what you are asking here so forgive me if I am wrong in summation.
A 'reject' button may be a button someone pushes to reject someone else, which means you being the inventor of it are a either a reject or wish to reject, which if you don't mind me saying makes me sad for you, if you were the one to invent push or be pushed out.
And as I have faced my sadness this evening I can at least be happy I am not a rejecter,
even if I must contend with being rejected I can be proud I do not reject others.
Thank you for your doubts I hope you are found happy, brave, proud, worthy and unrejected by my thoughts or your own.
I hope my questions and self doubting part at least made you realise for a moment you don't need doubt your self.

sometime sun

*edit*
I just reread this and although I don't believe in sensorship or this has bad intentions I fear I may have come across as cold and judgemental, I just hope you do not think I am frigid and an unyielding fellow towards you.
This post is as much if not more so self critical analysis than it is circumspective or circumventive of you.
I hope you realise my battle was with myself and not just you.
Thank you for your post it gave me real pause to think.
I hope you respond, and as I said and meant with clear conscience; I hope I at least made you realise for a moment you need not doubt yourself.
Even if now I have given you more cause to do so with me.
I will if given the chance make it up to you and myself.

Soul Brother

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 06:56 am
@sometime sun,
First of all I have to thank you Sun for sharing this with us, you are amongst friends and it is great to know that you feel welcome and comfortable enough here to voice as you wish, I show my gratitude and respect to you for doing so.

sometime sun;166196 wrote:
I have answered these question for the self I am most proud of, in fact that self did not even ask, the part of my self that does not need to doubt its sum, but for the part of my self that is less proud and more doubtful, the part that asked these questions still has no idea because it has been given no answer.

The part of you that whispers these questions and doubts, does not provide clear answers because this part is subconscious.

you be selfish to your self?
Just thought I would be brave for the part of me that is a coward.
So have I answered these questions? Yes for most of me, no for most of you. The part of my self that never asked or doubted because it never questions.
Makes you wonder if a truly open questioning mind and self is actually a highly doubtful self and mind?

Sun you have been very brave, Not only have you faced you're self and looked for the answers to these questions within you, but you have had the courage to openly share and discuss these problems. As you said, the first step is to acknowledge you're problems. As this is a matter of the subconscious I think the more you ignore this insecure side of you the deeper it will hide and the more a part of you it will become, but the more that you accept and acknowledge that this is there and that you are in control of it, the better you will be able to face these complications and the better you will be set out to find a solution.

you ever doubt your self or is it just other peoples selfs?
Do you think doubt worthless?
Therefore those who do not doubt or question are the worthy selfs?
Do you need to be answered unquestioning undoubting to be worthy?
Have you answered any of these question to your self, by your self?
Or is your self coward-less and unquestioning?
Would it make you a brave to either not ask or to not answer?
It would make me happy to think you brave enough to ask yourself these questions and find you did not need an answer.
Even if by not answering the coward is still left in the dark.

To be honest, My answer to all of you're original questions would be the complete polar to what they suggest, I do not even know what stress feels like, not that that's a good thing. However, I do not think I am more worthy than any other person. I find my self having no such problems or insecurities and this only incentivizes me to help, I have bread therefore I feed those who are hungry.

Thank you for your doubts I hope you are found happy, brave, proud, worthy and unrejected by my thoughts or your own.
I hope my questions and self doubting part at least made you realise for a moment you don't need doubt your self.

just reread this and although I don't believe in sensorship or this has bad intentions I fear I may have come across as cold and judgemental, I just hope you do not think I am frigid and an unyielding fellow towards you.

Not the slightest, Sun you are easily one of the kindest, most peaceful and most respectful persons I have seen on this forum and I am glad you are here, you make this forum a more enjoyable place.

post is as much if not more so self critical analysis than it is circumspective or circumventive of you.
I hope you realise my battle was with myself and not just you.
Thank you for your post it gave me real pause to think.
I hope you respond, and as I said and meant with clear conscience; I hope I at least made you realise for a moment you need not doubt yourself.
Even if now I have given you more cause to do so with me.
I will if given the chance make it up to you and myself.

This post has been of great significance to me, you have helped to deepen my insight and understanding of human nature and my experience here as a whole and I deeply value and appreciate every such experience as to me they are priceless.

Thank you sun.

Be well.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Matter of Opinion?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:51:37