Ciao

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:08 am
The dilema's of youthful life have brought me here. I love to ask why, and constantly battle with that old fiendish word 'justice'. Everything must be justified it seems. Quite rightly so I suppose. Anyway hello, Im Jordan Smile

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:22 am
@Jordankams,
Welcome to the forums. Good to have you.

Jordankams

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:26 am
@Jordankams,
I've just had a brief look over some of the forums and areas of debate, its pretty intimidating. I hope there's room for people to express a degree of ignorance in this place, my approach to philosophy seems hideously under-developed in comparison to others here...

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:46 am
@Jordankams,
We all come from different perspectives. No need to fear. There are posters here who know much more than I do, and who really bring out my ignorance all of the time (I could kick Aedes sometimes!) - be glad!

The less you know, the more you will learn.

Jordankams

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:47 am
@Jordankams,
ahh cool beans, just as long as its not taboo to shoot off some strange theories Smile

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:55 am
@Jordankams,
Welcome Socrates, for I too presume to know nothing. I feel from your statement, "and constantly battle with that old fiendish word 'justice" that we may be conversing much. Me thinks you understand the penumbra of law.

Jordankams

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:59 am
@Jordankams,
I'm afraid you lost me at penumbra =/

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 12:12 pm
@Jordankams,
All of philosophy is taboo. That's what we are here to do - discuss things that are taboo.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 12:25 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
You lost me a fiendish.... LOL! Don't take me seriously. Welcome anyways, hope the dilemmas can be solved.

Jordankams

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 12:42 pm
@Jordankams,
Haha, of course not I wouldn't dream of it =P Thanks matey lol.

Vasska

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 02:38 pm
@Jordankams,
Jordankams wrote:
I've just had a brief look over some of the forums and areas of debate, its pretty intimidating. I hope there's room for people to express a degree of ignorance in this place, my approach to philosophy seems hideously under-developed in comparison to others here...

Don't worry. I'm just starting too, and find it too be quite enjoyable, and if you don't understand something people are always willing to explain we are here to discuss and learn (and some also like to teach ^^).

The fact that you signed up shows that you want too overcome your "degree of ignorance" as you said in your post above, which is a good start. Hope too see you around the forum!

Justin

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 04:06 pm
@Jordankams,
Welcome! Conversations do get deep in here but have no fear... Philosophy is for everyone. Glad you joined us and hope you enjoy the community and look forward to you getting involved.

Aristoddler

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
@Jordankams,
Big words don't make better philosophers.

Cheers, and welcome to our little spot in the world!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:58:52