My Philosophy

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My Philosophy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 03:18 pm
I need help figuring out my philosophy, ask any questions you like.
(No guarantee I will answer)

Diogenes phil

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:19 pm
@etherguant,
What do you believe is your purpose in life, and how will you go about achieving this purpose?

Do you believe in a transcendent being, and if so, do you believe in the afterlife?

Do you believe that you are happy, and if so, are you content with who you are, or do you want to achieve better?

platorepublic

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:31 pm
@etherguant,
Why do you want to figure out your philosophy? Is there such a thing as "your philosophy"?

Just like is there "your mathematics"? "Your science"?

etherguant

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:43 pm
@platorepublic,
Diogenes;164718 wrote:
What do you believe is your purpose in life, and how will you go about achieving this purpose?

I used to be an anarchist, that gave me purpose.
Tried to start discussions on this topic in college, no one even tried to refute me.
Humanity simply isn't ready to stop attacking eachother to get what they want.
I currently vote conservative if only for immigration and fire arms issues.

Diogenes;164718 wrote:
Do you believe in a transcendent being, and if so, do you believe in the afterlife?

Earth is too !@#$ed up to be an accident.
The universe itself is another question, but I don't think we'll ever find an answer.
I believe there is something eternal in humanity though our minds and very cells change so often we truly life many very finite existences.

Diogenes;164718 wrote:
Do you believe that you are happy, and if so, are you content with who you are, or do you want to achieve better?

I want to achieve something better.

platorepublic;164727 wrote:
Why do you want to figure out your philosophy? Is there such a thing as "your philosophy"?

Well there are chemists and physicists and biologists who do have specializations.

jack phil

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:50 pm
@etherguant,
Elaborate on ethics, metaphysics, epistemology; that usually gets the ball going.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:05 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164727 wrote:

Good point! I guess he just means his general attitude about the world. Like, "my philosophy is, do it to them before they do it to you!", or, "my philosophy is to eat, drink, and be merry, for who knows, tomorrow I may die". "Philosophy" is being used in a very loose sense of "general attitude". Legitimate use of the term, of course.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My Philosophy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 03:44:47