Do you understand yourself?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

HexHammer

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 06:17 pm
@Ergo phil,
Ergo;165783 wrote:
The only thing that we can fully understand about ourselves is that we fool ourselves.
Imo it's "most fool themselves" ..not all.

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:45 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;164540 wrote:

One must be careful not to over-intellectualise these things.

I think I know where you are coming from when you say this, and no doubt some are tangled in words more than their meanings. But I must say that for some a certain amount of linguistic exuberance/indulgence is as natural as whistling a tune. For some, the word "transrational" is suspicious. I feel that the hyper-rational is as good a path, as long as a person ends up joyful rather than tormented. I offer this with respect as a can of Coke to set beside your can of Pepsi.

I love that Beatle's song/album. Now I must mention Harvest by Neil Young.

---------- Post added 05-18-2010 at 09:47 PM ----------

Ergo;165783 wrote:
The only thing that we can fully understand about ourselves is that we fool ourselves.

Ah, but are you fooling yourself when you say this?

---------- Post added 05-18-2010 at 09:49 PM ----------

sometime sun;164710 wrote:

And as it is so hard to observe the self objectlessly we must come to the conclusion understanding others is the best way to quickly come to understand ourselves and become truly objective.

This is deep. I agree. We find ourselves in others and others in ourselves. All this man-is-an-island is just snakes on a plane. (Felt right to put it that way instead of sh*t on a stick.)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:36:34