What would happen if...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What would happen if...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:45 am
What would happen if Electricity came in contact with hydrogen?

HexHammer

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:47 am
@Timinater94,
I assume ..kaboom?

Timinater94

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:01 pm
@Timinater94,
Like what would happen if Lightning struck hydrogen(an atom)...

wayne

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:08 pm
@Timinater94,
Timinater94;159029 wrote:
Like what would happen if Lightning struck hydrogen(an atom)...

They think maybe that's what happened to the Hindenberg, Static electric.... KAWOOSH!!!!
But I can't say for sure.

longfun

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:10 pm
@Timinater94,
Timinater94;159021 wrote:
What would happen if Electricity came in contact with hydrogen?

what kind of electricity? what kind of contact?

Timinater94

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:19 pm
@longfun,
longfun;159033 wrote:
what kind of electricity? what kind of contact?

Like if lighning hit Hydrogen.....what would happen?

longfun

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 01:20 pm
@Timinater94,
If it hit some molecule of hydrogen in a mixture of oxygen, it would give a small bang and generate a tiny drop of water.

Timinater94

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 02:46 pm
@longfun,
Well I was wondering because I have a theory that egyptians used the Pyramid of Giza to generate water.

Scientist proved that the pyrmid of giza has the capabilities to be a hydrogen generator as there were two chambers that had remenence of the stuff needed to make hydrogen and the met up in a room and when they met it made hydrogen.....which made me think that if maybe something such as electiricity was used if maybe the pyramid could have been used to create water....Which I couldnt think of anything more useful in the middle of a desert.(imo)It has also been proven that they did have a source of electricity because some carvings showed some egyptians holding light bulb shaped items that look like they emmited light,
and this could have been made with the "bagdad battery".Which means that the egyptians had a source or a spark that could have fused hydrogen, being made in the pyramid with oxygen to create...water.
I also wondered if this would be a big enough spark to create enough water to actually be worth doing...which is were i was wondering if the pyramid could have also been used like a lightning rod so that lighning would hit the tip of it and create enough of a shock to fused the hydrogen and oxygen to make lots of water....
There is also a huge risk which is that instead of creating water it could explode catching everything on fire,which is why I think the pyramid was built of stone(stone can't catch on fire in case of an explosion).:shifty:
Thoughts?

jeeprs

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:32 pm
@Timinater94,
although the question does arise, why go to all that effort to generate water, when you're a stones' throw from the world's largest river? Seems kind of a waste of effort, doesn't it?

Timinater94

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 03:01 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;159100 wrote:
although the question does arise, why go to all that effort to generate water, when you're a stones' throw from the world's largest river? Seems kind of a waste of effort, doesn't it?

Maybe they just wanted to see if they could actually create water...or maybe they were counting on it failing..and it was actually going to be used as a huge bomb......

longfun

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 02:40 pm
@Timinater94,
Timinater94;159076 wrote:
Well I was wondering because I have a theory that egyptians used the Pyramid of Giza to generate water.

Scientist proved that the pyrmid of giza has the capabilities to be a hydrogen generator as there were two chambers that had remenence of the stuff needed to make hydrogen and the met up in a room and when they met it made hydrogen.....which made me think that if maybe something such as electiricity was used if maybe the pyramid could have been used to create water....Which I couldnt think of anything more useful in the middle of a desert.(imo)It has also been proven that they did have a source of electricity because some carvings showed some egyptians holding light bulb shaped items that look like they emmited light,
and this could have been made with the "bagdad battery".Which means that the egyptians had a source or a spark that could have fused hydrogen, being made in the pyramid with oxygen to create...water.
I also wondered if this would be a big enough spark to create enough water to actually be worth doing...which is were i was wondering if the pyramid could have also been used like a lightning rod so that lighning would hit the tip of it and create enough of a shock to fused the hydrogen and oxygen to make lots of water....
There is also a huge risk which is that instead of creating water it could explode catching everything on fire,which is why I think the pyramid was built of stone(stone can't catch on fire in case of an explosion).:shifty:
Thoughts?

just notice that the pyramids where not built in the dessert, the dessert came later, when the Nile changed course (look it up). This Nile changing course happened several times over. Egyptians even moved complete cities to stay close to the Nile.

Timinater94

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:24 pm
@longfun,
longfun;159374 wrote:
just notice that the pyramids where not built in the dessert, the dessert came later, when the Nile changed course (look it up). This Nile changing course happened several times over. Egyptians even moved complete cities to stay close to the Nile.

Well say that they didnt need the hydrogen for water...what did they use or need it for?Also how did they get the knowledge to create and use hydrogen to their advantage?

longfun

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 01:42 pm
@Timinater94,
Timinater94;159615 wrote:
Well say that they didnt need the hydrogen for water...what did they use or need it for?Also how did they get the knowledge to create and use hydrogen to their advantage?

As only priests and writers had access to information and as only they could read and effectively use what was written down, it can be anything, from power display, magic display etc.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What would happen if...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:01:03