Actors on a Stage

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Actors on a Stage

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:19 pm
Why is it that when there are quotes or facts that reveal that what we think of the world is not true, people are amazed at the info and yet they forcefully pay no attention to it and use all their power to forget it?

The way humans behave, act, think, is so set up that we truly are acting all the time, eventually, what we are thought to act is what we become.

You tell your kid to ACT differently, and soon, that is what the kid becomes.

The more humans deny that they are just playing games, the more they accept this life and continue believing that their problems are real, the more STRESS and DEPRESSION they get.

For example, it's very dangerous to continuously deny that maybe that the sister that is letting you live with her because you had a divorce with your husband, is treating you like you are nothing but her b****(property).

We use stupid facts(excuses), to try to deny what is happening. An example would be to either say that it appears that way, or that it is acceptable because she is living there, even though the denier also has a job and pays for more than half the monthly rent.

They first start denying it, and yelling at you, saying that you are crazy and speak non-sense. All these things are just the acting we are doing since childhood. Not insulting someone is another act, the act of not telling the truth, or lying. We uses excuses like "we hurt others by insulting them", nevertheless, we are still acting, and by acting, we are lying.

Someone who is "nice" acts that way, but is in REALITY, completely the opposite.

I am a person who can see RIGHT through EVERYONES words. I can tell normal actors from sneaky people who pretend they are acting like everyone else.

Everyone is thought to police others. Some "cool" people will tolerate when you expose parts of the stage, but when you go "too far", everyone steps in to end you.

What a sad world we live in. When you begin understanding thought, you begin hating what you are in some ways.

Anyway, you are all actors. ACTORS.

Twirlip

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:25 pm
@dave2770,
-- (Applause) --

dave2770

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:37 pm
@Twirlip,
Twirlip;158632 wrote:
-- (Applause) --

Yea, I guess I am retarded huh?

I must of sounded like this to you, "bla bla bafhsdjhfogosdfjiodshguhsfgusdhushgusfhgushgufsgjfg"

wayne

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:54 pm
@dave2770,
The best we can do is be the person we ourselves can know and love.
Be true to yourself, do not justify, it is only lying to yourself.
This will take up all of your time so you won't have any left to fret over other people.

Twirlip

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:01 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;158635 wrote:
Yea, I guess I am retarded huh?

I must of sounded like this to you, "bla bla bafhsdjhfogosdfjiodshguhsfgusdhushgusfhgushgufsgjfg"

I'm thinking, Joe Pesci.

GoshisDead

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:46 pm
@Twirlip,
I'm thinking Dramaturgical Theory... one of my favorite social scientists ... Erving Goffman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dave2770

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:11 am
@GoshisDead,
Did you know that we speak in a language that actually makes sense? Here are a few words from the english vocabulary, "ababsuhsuahsh", "jhjfhduyua", "eeeeaaauuuuaaa".

Yep, even the language we think is real and makes sense and is supposed to be this way is mumbo jumbo and is very stupid literally.

Just like how an American would look at a middle eastern in a weird way when he speaks his language, so does everyone else who doesnt understand english.

Thats one part of the illusion.

English writing is designed in such a way, that it is meant for corporations and other business and trade businesses.

Why do we have to write business letters in the same format as everyone else? Why not do it the unofficial way? People say its to keep order but it just robotizes everyone in my factual opinion.

We all still behave the same way. It is like this worldwide. Its IMPOSSIBLE to have very similar cultures. People worldwide all have the same moral rules and principles and manners. Sure there a minor differences, but everyone is essentially the same. This can only be done on purpose or by force through some external means.

Finally, once you fully master the entire system, or begin understanding it by stepping outside the box, then whatever you hear people say or whatever you watch on TV becomes very clear.

When I see someone watching TV, i turn to see what they are watching, and instantly, I see right through the subliminal messages in advertising and tv shows, and see the plot to change culture or society even more.

Ok. We all know how in the 60s people were different, in the 70s people were different, and the 80s and 90s were different, we also know that todays youth is very "gangster" like. Well, in 20 years, children will all basically behave exactly like people like Miley Cyrus or the other teen idols everyone adores.

People think its entertainment, and it might be for a 70 year old, but for teens, they have no idea that they are transforming everytime they watch.
The way they were taught to act by their parents suddenly shifts, because their parents do not represent society as a whole, but tv shows provide "experience" and insight into society, and teens think it is normal to behave that way.

Remember, at first, kids know that they are "behaving", then they forget they are.

Adults tell small children, "behave", but they downplay it as if its normal, but yet in reality, they are only "behaving".

When you limit yourself to "act" and think in a certain way, then you are not who you are.

Why should you suppress your feelings toward someone, why don't you just let it out? Why do people want to be part of society so much?

mister kitten

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 10:47 am
@dave2770,
This is the absurd Albert Camus describes.

prothero

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:27 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;158630 wrote:

All the worlds a stage- Shakespheare I think.
The eternal play goes on and you may yet contribute a verse-

Twirlip

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 02:26 pm
@prothero,
... Prompt?! ...

sometime sun

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 01:05 am
@dave2770,
dave2770;158630 wrote:

Rather not be an under-study i suppose.

You cant act love.

Soul Brother

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 02:02 am
@Twirlip,
dave2770;158630 wrote:
Why is it that when there are quotes or facts that reveal that what we think of the world is not true, people are amazed at the info and yet they forcefully pay no attention to it and use all their power to forget it?

For this exists a simple answer. For this is what happens when people fall too deep into the illusion. 1st One is introduced into the system. 2nd The system's ways are imposed onto a free-thinking human being. 3rd one becomes completely dependent on the system and they will fight to protect it. This means they will stubbornly reject any information that says contrary to the systems ways, and as you said it they will use all their power to forget it. Think of going under water with your eyes open, when one falls under, everything becomes blurred (this is the illusion) The deeper and deeper that one falls the less light there is, and the more blind one becomes until eventually ALL that one can see is an illusion. Why do you think that in the movie avatar when discussing whether to teach a human how to see, a Na'vi says to another Na'vi "a rock can see more"

dave2770;158630 wrote:
Finally, once you fully master the entire system, or begin understanding it by stepping outside the box, then whatever you hear people say or whatever you watch on TV becomes very clear.

When I see someone watching TV, i turn to see what they are watching, and instantly, I see right through the subliminal messages in advertising and tv shows, and see the plot to change culture or society even more. ?

Yes, when you step out of the water (the illusion), or as you said, "once you fully master the entire system" you can see clear, you can see truth.

Behind ALL material presented on television there is a plot to change culture and society at some level. They will indoctrinate on you their ways and beliefs on what society should be in such a powerful manner that you will begin to accept them as your own!
But make no mistake, these ways and beliefs are NOT their own beliefs of how thing should be, but they are what is NEEDED, they are what is needed to keep you under water, under the illusion, to keep you blind, and to keep you ignorant. Do you think a free thinking society could possibly be ruled by tyrants? Obviously not, and indeed they are aware of this, which is why they require media to keep society from awakening.

dave2770;158630 wrote:
in 20 years, children will all basically behave exactly like people like Miley Cyrus or the other teen idols everyone adores.

My friend this is not in 20 years, THIS IS TODAY! And this has being happening for decades! These idols are not simply entertainment, they are intently and purposefully engineered and manufactured for these reasons, to keep society in the illusion.

dave2770;158630 wrote:
Someone who is "nice" acts that way, but is in REALITY, completely the opposite. .

With this I strongly disagree. As I know from myself and people I have known that are genuinely nice. When there is the occasion that am not nice, I am acting.

dave2770;158630 wrote:
I am a person who can see RIGHT through EVERYONES words. I can tell normal actors from sneaky people who pretend they are acting like everyone else.

Indeed there are people that have to pretend to be acting like everyone, and have to (blend) in order to interact. I myself have not many friends and only few that I would consider close, and by close I mean emotionally and not by ways, beliefs or knowledge. By this I mean when they are busy on facebook working on popularity and status, I am busy thinking, learning and on places like here, trying to voice truth and peace (although sadly this voice often goes unheard and ignored). Regardless, on the weekend I will put on my (social mask) and I will act and blend like a common person, I will curse and behave ignorant, mind you this is ignorant compared to my usual self, but in their eyes I am the least ignorant and most mature and knowledgeable (as ignorant, mature and knowledgeable as I can be without being too radical or extreme). I act not because I enjoy deceiving those I care for, but because it is the only means for me to interact and not be viewed as strange or radical. It is extremely sad that society's ways and beliefs are manipulated in such a way that one has to go to such lengths as acting to be able to interact with the ones he cares for.

dave2770;158630 wrote:
What a sad world we live in. When you begin understanding thought, you begin hating what you are in some ways.

My friend hate not what you are but the illusion that has been cast upon society.

AnArChY

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:06 am
@Twirlip,
This reminded me of a book, Games People Play by Eric Berne M.D. Your post seems more related to psychology than philosophy, but you raised some good points. As human beings our external social experiences are constantly impressing on use. It's only natural that we encorporate and assimilate these things, they make us who we are, well partly. From the moment you're born, you do it and you can't help it. Nature and Nuture, we have to accept that the 'Nuture' side of development means that, in a sense, who we are is in fact just a product, a result, a consequence of our surroundings, it can't not be. Some reject mainstream society's conventions, other embrace them.

So yes we are all actors, well.....most of us are. Why? is it because we are so afraid that society, our peers, would never accept us for who we are or for who we want to be. A gender challenged male in an oppressively masculine society hides his internal desires for the sake of social conformation, a teenager adopts a new attitude to fit in better with his new group of friends. Such is life. We are actors only in so far as we chose to be. Ultimately, we are pawns to our biological instincts, we are slaves to our own perverted drive for self-preservation. Acting is just another part of this and it is not real, it is artificial. But, as a wise man once said 'what is real? .... how do you define real?'. Interesting isn't it? Ill leave you with that I suppose. Enjoy

dave2770

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 05:10 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;159199 wrote:
Rather not be an under-study i suppose.

You cant act love.

I have already discussed that. There is no such thing as pure love.

You can only somewhat have pure love towards a small baby. That is because they can not judge you.

The other part of love is sex.

sometime sun

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 05:33 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;159699 wrote:
I have already discussed that. There is no such thing as pure love.

You can only somewhat have pure love towards a small baby. That is because they can not judge you.

The other part of love is sex.

Does the baby have love towards anything?
Does the baby judge?
Is judgementalism taught learned or intrinsic?

What is the audience?

mister kitten

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:50 pm
@dave2770,
You are the audience, critique-er, actor, and props.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Actors on a Stage
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 10:51:01