Basic Instinct 2: Life lessons!

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Basic Instinct 2: Life lessons!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 01:35 am
So we live and learn. What are some of the life lessons you want to share with us?

Do some story-telling - we love it.

Ok I have one.

To summarise by a quote, my life lesson is: "Family is not whose blood you have, but who you care about."

I don't know what the quotation is supposed to mean, but I take it literally. I have gone through a lot, and so has my immediate blood relations, and after everything we've done, I have realised that we are not meant to be together.

I don't know if they have figured it out yet; it is likely that they still think I will stick around. But I won't - as long as I get the right opportunity, I will evaporate off their lives and minds.

According to the quotation, I do not have any family right now. And I feel I am finally in a good place. "A clean slate" - but it feels cleaning the slate was much more self-fulfilling and I feel stronger and invulnerable after this.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 03:58 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;157442 wrote:
So we live and learn. What are some of the life lessons you want to share with us?

Do some story-telling - we love it.

Ok I have one.

To summarise by a quote, my life lesson is: "Family is not whose blood you have, but who you care about."

I don't know what the quotation is supposed to mean, but I take it literally. I have gone through a lot, and so has my immediate blood relations, and after everything we've done, I have realised that we are not meant to be together.

I don't know if they have figured it out yet; it is likely that they still think I will stick around. But I won't - as long as I get the right opportunity, I will evaporate off their lives and minds.

According to the quotation, I do not have any family right now. And I feel I am finally in a good place. "A clean slate" - but it feels cleaning the slate was much more self-fulfilling and I feel stronger and invulnerable after this.


We all feel invulnerable when we for the first time in our lives realise we are independant, that we really can take care of ourselves.

You are still in the prison of the 'oportunity fo life', still waiting for the world to free you before you give yourself the freedom of the world.

The world costs nothing even if your freedom costs everything.
Just as the world pays everything and your freedom pays nothing.

Does not mean once we realise we no longer need others that they dont still need us.
Could be a trap could be the price of freedom?

There are still those who must give up thier family because they are no good for them.

No one will allow you to torture them like your family.

Do you want to leave them for their sake or for your own?
 
platorepublic
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 01:39 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;157650 wrote:
We all feel invulnerable when we for the first time in our lives realise we are independant, that we really can take care of ourselves.

You are still in the prison of the 'oportunity fo life', still waiting for the world to free you before you give yourself the freedom of the world.

The world costs nothing even if your freedom costs everything.
Just as the world pays everything and your freedom pays nothing.

Does not mean once we realise we no longer need others that they dont still need us.
Could be a trap could be the price of freedom?

There are still those who must give up thier family because they are no good for them.

No one will allow you to torture them like your family.

Do you want to leave them for their sake or for your own?

You are assuming so many things and generalising things.

What do you mean we all feel invulnerable...

It's not that simple. We all have our life stories. Not everyone has been all around the world. Not everybody has their parent separated from them for a significant part of their lives. Not everyone has money and a good education despite all of this. We are all different.

I felt invulnerable first, then I felt I could be independent, definitely not the other way round.

For whose sake? Well of course it will always be my sake first. Whether its for their sake depends if they want me to be happy.
 
platorepublic
 
Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 02:06 am
@platorepublic,
Oh come on guys, I'm sure if you just think a little, all of you have something to say about your lives!
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 04:05 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;158718 wrote:
Oh come on guys, I'm sure if you just think a little, all of you have something to say about your lives!


I have an intresting life, had one too before. Broke down on business and private matters, but I am happy again. Sometimes it radiates my body. Feeling at least. My Basic instinct is to live, take care of what I can do and leave the rest to our wise gouvernments,,,
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Basic Instinct 2: Life lessons!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:38:42