Who and what is "IT".

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Who and what is "IT".

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

William

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 06:08 am
Ask me no questions; I'll tell you no lies! Is "IT" the truth? "IT is the truth!

For the past a year and a half I have shared a home with a what can be defined as a autistic person. One very unique characteristic of him I have observed is he never askS a question, never!

I have offered before all philosophical inquiries eventually lead to God and who or what is God. Every one of them eventually "go there". And that is usually where it ends or flame throwing begins between those who ask questions and those who don't at least about God anyway. Some wonder some don't? Some wander and some don't.

In the movie CHARLY, a simple man, or a moron, as some define simple as it applies in this particular case, Charly Gordon was selected to be a part of a research project designed to increase intelligence or initiate comprehension.

In this particular case a surgical procedure was involved to expedite that "learning" process. The process prior used mice and Charly was the first human "guinea pig", and it worked big time. Charly became a global phenomenon in the "scientific" community and it seemed there wasn't anything Charly didn't know until he ran out of questions and answers?

In the movie it was demonstrated as the 'surgical procedure' wearing off and even Charly could not determine, in his new found "know it all intelligence" how to stop it. He would revert back to his prior simple moronic state. He was in effect challenged to a level of total incompetency and the only way those who were responsible for this movie could answer that question was "the surgical procedure" much to their dismay, was only temporary, damn! Even the genius of Charly couldn't figure it out.

When we ask why and what we do it in both directions reductionally and expansively. We are trying to find an end in both directions to a point in which we just freeze. No more questions, no more answers and the proverbial brick wall appears and we crash into it. Quantum thought, no answer in sight and there never will be definitively unless...................we all are allowed to participate freely, naturally in that collective thinking process. No "one" can be left out.

Not one at least for any one to judge that is. Any one who does not believe this truth will invariably eliminate themselves. I'll let you think about that for a moment too, ha! Some try to reduce to know, some expand to know and some deduce to learn. Which category do you fall into?

Now when you think about it, ha, when you "catch yourself" thinking you are actually asking "who, what, when, where and why" because you WANT something. Always! You are relying on yourself to supply those answers when we together can answer all those questions and reach those answers collectively up until this very point in time, but no further.

When we eventually do that, and let us hope that we will, then we will truly understand the collective power of what "getting along together" means..............forever. What that means.......? But I'm dying to find out, ha! I'll let you think about that for a moment; of course it may take a few of you a bit longer, ha! Edgar Cayce said old age was about greed, predominately and now I am beginning to understand what he meant by that.

Of course wants varies but invariably we all want something and life is at the top of the list and we want more of it. Well, most anyway and it seems some will do anything to achieve that quantitative goal. It becomes an obsession and in that obsession we become possessed in all that we do possess! Fact!!!!!!!..........and as sad one at that.

Now when Charly began to truly began to lose his "simple" blissful self and started to become "smart" the first thing he wanted was "her", ha! Imagine that? Now that's fodder for another thread, ha! Let us all hope we don't get as smart as Charly "got".

Thanks for taking the time to read,

William

P.S. One scene in the movie when Charly began challenging his love interest who introduced him to the scientific procedure, he posed this challenge to her what that it is. Can you make sense of it without browsing? Everyone wants it but no one seems to know what it is that they want. Perplexing, huh?

That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is.

I agree totally, ha!

---------- Post added 04-27-2010 at 07:48 AM ----------

Thank you xris. for that thanks. I do appreciate that coming from you. There's hope for us yet, huh!

We're getting there.

william

sometime sun

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 04:21 pm
@William,
I think i reduce, deduce and expand,
But am i doing this for you rather than my own view?

The question is whether i am in control of any more than the others and whether they are more in control of me?

We will have to do something with That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is.

I have something similar i say to myself sometimes.
God is God is God is God.

Will hopefuly be back with something better soon.

Pst it may be easier read but not the only way of reading it,
That that is, is that that is not, is not is, that it, it is.
I would end it with another it.

William

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 09:53 pm
@William,
Hello Sun. See if you agree with this; That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is! How's that? Ha!

William

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 01:44 am
@William,
William;157381 wrote:
Hello Sun. See if you agree with this; That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is! How's that? Ha!

William

[CENTER]:bigsmile:
What about Virgin Sophia ?

Maybe she is under-age...

Laughing
[/CENTER]

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Who and what is "IT".
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:28:47