Is Anarchy a Faith?

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Is Anarchy a Faith?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 04:52 pm
Is Anarchy a Faith?

Does it not make an angel of the faithful?

Is there not a tangible devil involved?

Any one know of an anarchic prophet?

What do you think is an anarchists heaven?
 
etherguant
 
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 05:32 pm
@sometime sun,
Most anarchists will say it is the statists who have faith, faith that society is improved by the inclusion individuals who can aggress against anyone without fear of reprisal.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 05:34 pm
@etherguant,
etherguant;154650 wrote:
Most anarchists will say it is the statists who have faith, faith that society is improved by the inclusion individuals who can aggress against anyone without fear of reprisal.

What anarchists have you heard speak please?

---------- Post added 04-21-2010 at 12:44 AM ----------

Note worthy anarchists that i know of;
Kropotkin
John Lennon
Mary Shelley
Marquis De Sade
Byron

Please add to the list and explain why they were anarchists and whether they prayed or paid.
 
etherguant
 
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 05:49 pm
@sometime sun,
YouTube - stefbot's Channel
YouTube - Kbiomech's Channel
confederal socialist and austrolibertarian were very interesting but I think they're gone now.

Quote:
Please add to the list and explain why they were anarchists and whether they prayed or paid.


I don't know what you are talking about but my answer is probably no.

Just to point it out though, I am neither an atheist nor an anarchist like the guys I mentioned.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm
@etherguant,
Sorry for confussion; Is their reasoning to change the world (feed the world) or to gain a wage (fill thier own belly).

What is the anarchists bible? 1984? what others?
 
etherguant
 
Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 02:35 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;154907 wrote:
Sorry for confussion; Is their reasoning to change the world (feed the world) or to gain a wage (fill thier own belly).


A lot of anarchists draw ideas from objectovists, there is this however:
YouTube - Help The Poor By Ending Welfare

sometime sun;154907 wrote:
What is the anarchists bible? 1984? what others?


Aeon Flux? (not the movie)
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:30 pm
@etherguant,
Reminds me of this song,
YouTube - SOULWAX - NY Excuse

will get back to you more tomorrow.
 
etherguant
 
Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:04 pm
@sometime sun,
From that music video I suspect you are something of a marxist.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/drsanity/SocialismPostmodernism.gif
Also near the end of that video it talks about how much we spend on war, war is probably the least economically sound action anyone can take. You spend money to build tanks and bombs and planes and then you use them to destroy property after which you must pay to rebuild. It costs several times more to maintain an occupation in say Afghanistan than the entire GDP of the nation we are occupying. My general opinion of the middle east is either to leave them alone or just wipe them out.
YouTube - The Fallacy of "Arab Oil Rights"
 
TranscendHumanit
 
Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:46 pm
@sometime sun,
I am liking market anarchy. Government is idea that make no sense.
 
reasoning logic
 
Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:16 pm
@etherguant,
etherguant;155017 wrote:
From that music video I suspect you are something of a marxist.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/drsanity/SocialismPostmodernism.gif
Also near the end of that video it talks about how much we spend on war, war is probably the least economically sound action anyone can take. You spend money to build tanks and bombs and planes and then you use them to destroy property after which you must pay to rebuild. It costs several times more to maintain an occupation in say Afghanistan than the entire GDP of the nation we are occupying. My general opinion of the middle east is either to leave them alone or just wipe them out.
YouTube - The Fallacy of "Arab Oil Rights"



I have seen only two of his videos and I think he is wrong. Not 100% but he is wrong on some of what he speaks of. I am in no way trying to put you down so please do not take it that way. Does anyone else see anything wrong about what he is saying and if so what do you think to be wrong?Smile
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
etherguant; i am so sorry for having neglected this thread,
i still dont have much,
bit of an impulse buy really,
but will ask you to describe what you think was marxist about the song?

War is the business of fear,
War is debt and exchange of debt.

The whole world is in debt, the whole world is in war.

When peace can pay the bills and create jobs i think it may be taken seriously.
War is an industry, and an inevitable industiral accident.

Hitler could have been seen as a genius business man. Had he not been loonier than a sack of starving cats.

Is anarchy a holy war?

(religion plus war = big business)
 
wayne
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:36 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;154628 wrote:
Is Anarchy a Faith?

Does it not make an angel of the faithful?

Is there not a tangible devil involved?

Any one know of an anarchic prophet?

What do you think is an anarchists heaven?


Anarchy a faith, I think it's more along the lines of a quaint delusion ,or something.

Show me an anarchist that doesn't want the cops to be there when they need them.

Anarchy is really an absolute concept, what we see practiced is selective, and rather self serving, IMO.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 01:20 am
@wayne,
wayne;156307 wrote:
Anarchy a faith, I think it's more along the lines of a quaint delusion ,or something.

Show me an anarchist that doesn't want the cops to be there when they need them.

Anarchy is really an absolute concept, what we see practiced is selective, and rather self serving, IMO.

What do you think a faint delusion is?
What do you think an absolute concept is?
What do you think self service is?

All sounds alot like a Faith to me.

I'm not even sure anarchists want to do away with the police force, i think they tend to want to be rid of the force bit, but not necessarliy the police.

I love anarchists, i would probably want to be one if i knew what their goals were and what sacrifice they were willing to make for a greater good.
Apart from thier lives and others.
Life is worth more than death.
I tend to think anarchy is so individualised they cant stop long enough to understand what it is that makes a community stable.

They scream fire in a swimming pool?

Overall i find anarchy to be disorganised,
i know,
like alot of faith based archies.
Like alot of faith.
They preach but they have no disernable cause i can put my faith in.
Faith needs a cause, this is what elevates it to a religion or a humanity.
Idealists without an ideal.
 
wayne
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 02:20 am
@sometime sun,
Anarchy is the belief that all organized government is repressive and undesirable. I don't think the romantic notions that so called anarchists construct, have much to do with anarchy.

How can you possibly have police that answers to no one? Thats anarchy allright, not a very well thought out idea, I think. Just what would you place your faith in?
That the strong will take care of the weak out of the goodness of thier hearts? Not very likely.
 
Doubt doubt
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 03:38 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;154628 wrote:
Is Anarchy a Faith?

Does it not make an angel of the faithful?

Is there not a tangible devil involved?

Any one know of an anarchic prophet?

What do you think is an anarchists heaven?


you seem to be saying anything that could fit a religious analogy is a faith. id say if their is no supernatural god or at least something supernatural in any sense involved it can not be a faith/religion. If you had 100 people worshiping you because you are the coolest dude ever to live in their opinion but they know you are a human the same as everyone else and there is nothing supernatural involved i would say it is not a faith/religion.

---------- Post added 04-25-2010 at 05:51 AM ----------

wayne;156328 wrote:
Anarchy is the belief that all organized government is repressive and undesirable. I don't think the romantic notions that so called anarchists construct, have much to do with anarchy.

How can you possibly have police that answers to no one? Thats anarchy allright, not a very well thought out idea, I think. Just what would you place your faith in?
That the strong will take care of the weak out of the goodness of thier hearts? Not very likely.


No that the weak gang up on the strong and kill them leaving only people that want to live in peace. the people left raise their children to want peace or to know nothing but peace. then the world is great. i personally would kill anyone that stood in the way of peaceful living if there were enough others with me to stand a chance to accomplish it. This time the peaceful people need to not be so nice as to let the troublemakers get a foot hold. I would look at killing someone that violates someone elses right the same as killing an animal for food; its not fun but it has to be done. But i guess you guys like this emensly complex hellhole you have created for everyone to suffer in without any true sovereignty anymore. If we ever get to make a new constitution i believe it has a chance of being tolerable but America today is a super oppressive shithole. I would seriously rather live in Afghanistan if i could attempt to kill anyone that violated my rights and property. Maybe id get lucky and nobody would try and i would be in paradise.

Anarchy worked well on earth for along time. longer than government has been around and long before language or the invention of the word anarchy.

---------- Post added 04-25-2010 at 06:07 AM ----------

reasoning logic;155053 wrote:
I have seen only two of his videos and I think he is wrong. Not 100% but he is wrong on some of what he speaks of. I am in no way trying to put you down so please do not take it that way. Does anyone else see anything wrong about what he is saying and if so what do you think to be wrong?Smile


I agree with him somewhat. i think we should pay them but not as much as we do. he is right about how useless the oil is to them. It just goes to show how big the American scam goes that we are not doing everything possible to get clear of out need for oil.
 
wayne
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 04:53 am
@Doubt doubt,
---------- Post added 04-25-2010 at 05:51 AM ----------



Doubt doubt;156346 wrote:
No that the weak gang up on the strong and kill them leaving only people that want to live in peace. the people left raise their children to want peace or to know nothing but peace. then the world is great. i personally would kill anyone that stood in the way of peaceful living if there were enough others with me to stand a chance to accomplish it. This time the peaceful people need to not be so nice as to let the troublemakers get a foot hold. I would look at killing someone that violates someone elses right the same as killing an animal for food; its not fun but it has to be done. But i guess you guys like this emensly complex hellhole you have created for everyone to suffer in without any true sovereignty anymore. If we ever get to make a new constitution i believe it has a chance of being tolerable but America today is a super oppressive shithole. I would seriously rather live in Afghanistan if i could attempt to kill anyone that violated my rights and property. Maybe id get lucky and nobody would try and i would be in paradise..


Gang up on people and kill them? That doesn't sound so peaceful .
Kill people that violate your property? Sounds like the wild west, wonder why that didn't last.

Doubt doubt;156346 wrote:
Anarchy worked well on earth for along time. longer than government has been around and long before language or the invention of the word anarchy...


What anarchy are you talking about? Society has always had rules. If there were any that hadn't any rules they sure didn't last. Just where is this anarchy that worked so well?

---------- Post added 04-25-2010 at 06:07 AM ----------
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Is Anarchy a Faith?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/12/2024 at 08:32:29