Is a will personal or public?
(How personal is death, ever?)

What is it about?

What does it say about you?

Can a will really speak for you?

Why do you have a will?

Why do you not have a will?
(is there a why involved?)

What are the benefits of having one or not?

Why should i have a will or not?
Is it a duty or a curt?

Who cares? right? wrong?

How important is a will? or not?

(answer one some or all)
(better still ask your own)

mister kitten

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 06:51 pm
@sometime sun,
No, no will here.
If one has no family/friends, then does one need a will?
I would think a will is more personal than public. One must will to have a will, right?
Will you have a will?

sometime sun

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 06:57 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;154209 wrote:
No, no will here.
If one has no family/friends, then does one need a will?
I would think a will is more personal than public. One must will to have a will, right?
Will you have a will?

I scrawled something on a piece of paper once,
want to hear it?Laughing

mister kitten

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 07:12 pm
@sometime sun,
Yes, please!!!!!!!!

Krumple

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 07:12 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;154214 wrote:
want to hear it?Laughing

Was it an unintelligible line of questioning?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 12:20 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;154214 wrote:
want to hear it?Laughing

[CENTER]No, I think it's the best final statement you can leave. I just hope is clear; without questions because we will not be able to answer really. Ask questions now, you just might get some answers.
:bigsmile:

I want to write a will, but I change my mind quite often as what to out in it. Also it it is a legal document which makes it's costly to change every time. I do want to write a will, but a marriage settles a lot as well.

One of the other, pracical reasons to marry instead of writing a will is tax purposes; in Holland non-related persons pay high taxes on an inheritance.
:sarcastic:
[/CENTER]

sometime sun

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:23 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;154223 wrote:
Was it an unintelligible line of questioning?

No, mine is all answers,
Do yours have any answers?

Please if you have them give details on the web programe you were speaking of in the other thread?

What of people who leave one final insult in theirs?

---------- Post added 04-20-2010 at 05:25 PM ----------

mister kitten;154222 wrote:
Yes, please!!!!!!!!

Maybe some other time?
I genuinely dont know if it is a matter for the personal or for the public.
But will say i make sure my books are going to a good place.

---------- Post added 04-20-2010 at 05:27 PM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;154341 wrote:
[CENTER]No, I think it's the best final statement you can leave. I just hope is clear; without questions because we will not be able to answer really. Ask questions now, you just might get some answers.
:bigsmile:

I want to write a will, but I change my mind quite often as what to out in it. Also it it is a legal document which makes it's costly to change every time. I do want to write a will, but a marriage settles a lot as well.

One of the other, pracical reasons to marry instead of writing a will is tax purposes; in Holland non-related persons pay high taxes on an inheritance.
:sarcastic:
[/CENTER]

MIGHT get some answers.
I know you can get a home kit which is not to costly.

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:58 am
@sometime sun,
Will is a tricky thing, even to define.
Must one have be cognizant of his/her actions to say that they had a will?
Or must one simply be animate?
If one must simply be animate than all animals have a will and all is not stimulus/response.
I prefer to think of thing this way out of a sense of romance, however, it is a tough call to convince.
Many assume and maybe rightly so that all is simply a Skinnerian black box stimulus/response. The complexity of the functions inside the box are neither here nor their. The steps are essentially the same. Stimulus -> black box -> action.

Or is will an even less definitive spiritual device attached directly to the function of the soul, or may even be synonymous with the soul. This stacks up well with many religions that profess a sense of responsibility/divine retribution/justice for transgressions against the laws of the univers or a particular diety's code of conduct. Somewhere we must have a definitive agency to act/think, or there is no justice in said justice, it would simply be punishment of the the ignorant, like whipping "dumb animal".

well I suppose enough rambling,

Cheers,
Russ

kennethamy

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:07 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;154531 wrote:
Will is a tricky thing, even to define.
Must one have be cognizant of his/her actions to say that they had a will?
Or must one simply be animate?
If one must simply be animate than all animals have a will and all is not stimulus/response.
I prefer to think of thing this way out of a sense of romance, however, it is a tough call to convince.
Many assume and maybe rightly so that all is simply a Skinnerian black box stimulus/response. The complexity of the functions inside the box are neither here nor their. The steps are essentially the same. Stimulus -> black box -> action.

Or is will an even less definitive spiritual device attached directly to the function of the soul, or may even be synonymous with the soul. This stacks up well with many religions that profess a sense of responsibility/divine retribution/justice for transgressions against the laws of the univers or a particular diety's code of conduct. Somewhere we must have a definitive agency to act/think, or there is no justice in said justice, it would simply be punishment of the the ignorant, like whipping "dumb animal".

well I suppose enough rambling,

Cheers,
Russ

It seems to me that to ask whether people have wills, if it means anything, is to ask whether they have wants and desires. And the answer to that is, obviously they do.

sometime sun

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:16 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154533 wrote:
It seems to me that to ask whether people have wills, if it means anything, is to ask whether they have wants and desires. And the answer to that is, obviously they do.

But what of the will in the form of a will,
Should our desires out perform our life?
In the form of a will (testament) are we not alive?

kennethamy

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:32 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;154537 wrote:
But what of the will in the form of a will,
Should our desires out perform our life?
In the form of a will (testament) are we not alive?

A very different question. And my answer is, yes, of course.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:03:48