Factions of Sigil

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Factions of Sigil

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:20 pm
(I really wish there was an option to have one of those voting charts)

There is a campaign setting for dungeons and dragons known as planescape which takes place mostly in the outerplanes where philosophy is given form (Also the location of heaven, hell and everywhere in between). In the middle of the these infinitely sized planes is an infinitely tall mountain (yes people do claim that there can be a middle in an infinite space and there can be a top to an infinitely tall mountain) is the city of sigil. AKA the city of doors because if you walk into any random portal you are likely to end up here. The city is ruled by the lady of pain and her Dabus. Though she is not a deity (try to worship her and she'll flay you) she is actually stronger than one and has been known to kill any divine being which trys to enter her city. The Dabus maintain the city. The lady of pain never speaks and only intervenes when there is a direct threat to the city itself she otherwise cares not for the people in the city.

That's where the factions come in. Basically philosophers with clubs that run the various parts of the city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faction_(Planescape)
RpgBG.net • ??? ?????? - Planescape Multiverse: Lore & Knowledge
Planescape: Sigil's Factions

So my question is which faction would you join if you had to join one?
I'd choose sensate with the fated as a close second.
Edit: Ignore anything about the faction war, no one uses it as forcing the factions to leave sigil and it makes sigil less interesting.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Factions of Sigil
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:59:09