Levels of conscience, what do you make of this?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Levels of conscience, what do you make of this?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:28 am
Levels of Consciousness

HexHammer

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 08:34 pm
@huggyb85,
Uhmmm ..can't agree with anything he says really, it's spoken out of naivity and ignorence.
However I do agree there's different kinds of conciousness, as there are different kinds of intelligences and how well it is developed, some are retards, idiots, normal, smart, genious, savant, super savant.

3k1yp2

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 09:35 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;151613 wrote:
Uhmmm ..can't agree with anything he says really, it's spoken out of naivity and ignorence.
However I do agree there's different kinds of conciousness, as there are different kinds of intelligences and how well it is developed, some are retards, idiots, normal, smart, genious, savant, super savant.

you mean naivete...:a-ok:

HexHammer

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 09:50 am
@3k1yp2,
3k1yp2;152784 wrote:
you mean naivete...:a-ok:
I probaly do, just because a miss spell, the meaning shouldn't be deminished.

bmcreider

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:09 am
@huggyb85,
It certainly sounds nice, and convincing on some level, but how did you come across it?

Pyrrho

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:24 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;151613 wrote:
prejudice. He is a salesman trying to sell you his brand of religion. You can register to hear him speak for $497. There are plenty of people who are willing to tell you things that have little relationship with the truth for that kind of money. Usually, what is said is the kind of thing that certain people want to be told, and so they are often happy to part with their money. There is an old saying about fools and their money...

HexHammer

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:40 am
@Pyrrho,
bmcreider;152800 wrote:
It certainly sounds nice, and convincing on some level, but how did you come across it?
Long ago when I was in school, I would a few times wake up in the middle of the night and suddenly have an answer to a mathematical problem, where I didn't activly/counciously make it up.
Another time I would stand in a butcher shop and talk to my mum, a sausage would roll down the desk/montre and my arm would reach out and grab it, totally subconciously, I didn't activly think of grabbing it as it was a 90 degree angle and I barely saw what it was.

Also observing headless chickens where the neck area are intact, it will display good mortor skills.

I must therefore conclude (quite usiencetificly) that we have 2 form of conciousness, a brain conciousness and a subconciousness formed by CNS.

Pyrrho;152807 wrote:
prejudice. He is a salesman trying to sell you his brand of religion. You can register to hear him speak for $497. There are plenty of people who are willing to tell you things that have little relationship with the truth for that kind of money. Usually, what is said is the kind of thing that certain people want to be told, and so they are often happy to part with their money. There is an old saying about fools and their money...
You are very weird.

Ding an Sich

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:49 am
@HexHammer,
Sounds like Hegel except watered down for the masses.

bmcreider

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:59 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;152818 wrote:

I must therefore conclude (quite usiencetificly) that we have 2 form of conciousness, a brain conciousness and a subconciousness formed by CNS.

Is that more or less scientific then this model, with three levels?

Triune brain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Pyrrho has a point - a lot of people dress up BS, or mostly BS, in a pseudo-science suit and convince people to pay to hear it talk.

HexHammer

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:03 am
@bmcreider,
bmcreider;152831 wrote:
And Pyrrho has a point - a lot of people dress up BS, or mostly BS, in a pseudo-science suit and convince people to pay to hear it talk.
Maybe so, but I don't agree with his point, nor do I care about his point.

Sorry to be cynically about it.

Triune brain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This seems to be the prelude for higher brain sience, where they find that some of our intelligences of the ~12 main intelligences can work independantly or work together, etc where my intend is to differ the ~12 main intelligences from the 2 conciousness.

And you should note, that not many uses the True Brain thingy anymore.

bmcreider

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 12:34 pm
@huggyb85,
Oh ya, definitely not. That's why I posted it as I just wondered how scientific, if at all, the guy charging money was being in his descriptions.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Levels of conscience, what do you make of this?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:45:03