Perfect Imperfection

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:38 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;150425 wrote:
Please show me yours, maybe that way we can find what your are searching for.

My art abilities are limited to mechanical drawing, I carve fish and build some furniture, there are a couple of my fish on my page now. I am trying to design an abstract form but haven't had much luck. My daughter seems to have gotten all of that ability.

salima

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:12 am
@Fido,
Fido;149543 wrote:
Every idea is perfect, and every reality is flawed when compared to the idea... We do not realize how we cheat ourselves with our desires for pefection, and uniformity... We airbrush our models and give our daughters the thought that they can never measure up...To what??? Perfection??? Life is all there is, all meaning, perfection too, and it is life that people ruin with their false notions of perfection... How many Jews and Slavs did the Nazis kill out of their idea of perfection??? Would it matter if only one life were ruined??? Since life is all we have, it is life which is the perfect state, not some one else's life, but to each their own...

We cannot live with the sense of the beautiful and perfect being forever beyond our reach.. Perfection is what we reach with: our lives...

so i created an ideal mate, after countless failures in reality...and then i met someone who was even better, truly perfect in every way. not one thing would i change. what am i doing wrong i wonder?

HexHammer

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 05:23 am
@wayne,
wayne;150453 wrote:
My art abilities are limited to mechanical drawing, I carve fish and build some furniture, there are a couple of my fish on my page now. I am trying to design an abstract form but haven't had much luck. My daughter seems to have gotten all of that ability.
Ah you are making bad excuses for youself, stop lieing for youself and face your fears.

William

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 08:02 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;150425 wrote:
Please show me yours, maybe that way we can find what your are searching for.

We all need to show each other for it is what we all are searching for, huh! Then that frame we all fit in would not appear to be so imperfect.

William

Fido

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 09:32 am
@salima,
salima;150479 wrote:
so i created an ideal mate, after countless failures in reality...and then i met someone who was even better, truly perfect in every way. not one thing would i change. what am i doing wrong i wonder?

I find it is easier to accept imperfection in all things, and in people -the more I love myself, which I cannot do exactly for who I am, but I can do for my progress and aspirations as a human being... In this culture we only get one life, and we have a great deal of pressure to get it right...I am 56, on the down side of life, and I feel like I am getting some things right... I am getting some love, I'm working out, doing some riunning, training, working on my future, and I feel I have one... What else can I do???

When we are young, and to all apperances have freedom, we are all too ignorant to make proper use of it, and when we have knolwedge then our bodies restrict our freedom; but is it not better for the mind to run free than the the feet??? When I was young and I hunted, I could not go everywhere I saw, but stealthy, I let my vision play upon the distant shadows, conjuring up the shy deer... Age opens our field of vision... Where we go we do not blindly go...

I'll bet you are not doing anything wrong that we would not all do wrong... We leave unhappy relationships for the hope of happiness and find we are yet unhappy... We bear unhappiness as a cross, and find life still shits on us... The obvious fact is that life robs from each of us, sometimes with a promise, and some times with a gun; and it does not much matter what we do, and the best we can do is delay the inevitable... What if you do not believe in luck or fate or God??? How can we account for all the evil that occurs in the lives of good people??? I don't think we have to... The evils of life come with life, and we all pay for our lives with our lives, leaving nothing on the table, carrying no meaning beyond our ends... Enjoy it while you have it, and help humanity...

salima

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 12:56 am
@wayne,
i know fido, but what i mean is how did i manage to find a human being that was even more perfect than the ideal i created in my imagination? of course we were doomed from the start, but the point is...well maybe it sounds like i had really low standards, but that's not it either.

what i am trying to say is i found perfection...at least i believe i did. there is a perfect for me though it may or may not match anyone else-one size doesnt fit all. so maybe that is what perfectly imperfect means...someone who was perfect for this imperfect woman...just as i was perfect for him. i probably am not making any sense, but i know what i mean-it just isnt coming out right.

wayne

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 01:07 am
@salima,
salima;150747 wrote:
i know fido, but what i mean is how did i manage to find a human being that was even more perfect than the ideal i created in my imagination? of course we were doomed from the start, but the point is...well maybe it sounds like i had really low standards, but that's not it either.

what i am trying to say is i found perfection...at least i believe i did. there is a perfect for me though it may or may not match anyone else-one size doesnt fit all. so maybe that is what perfectly imperfect means...someone who was perfect for this imperfect woman...just as i was perfect for him. i probably am not making any sense, but i know what i mean-it just isnt coming out right.

I think you are making perfect sense.
Most of us view that jumble of rocks and profusion of trees ,bushes and dirt that is a mountain, as beautiful. The sum of it's imperfect collection of parts, forms perfection.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:35:12