Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 01:36 am
@Fido,

sometime sun

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:41 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;149431 wrote:
Google "troll", stop asking simple questions, attention whore.

I think philosophy is built on the most simple of questions, the first real questions are the debatable ones.
DEBATE.

I build and paint sets,
i am competent at this,
i am no virtuoso,
only know how to play just one roll.
On my back or front so be it.
As long as i am useful
As long as i am not useless.

Google and the dictionary do not give expectation, expanse, explication, expertise, experiment, expressive, exposure, exploration, explosion, exquisite, extenuate, extensive, extortion, externality, extraordinarity, extolment, exuberance, extremity, extravagance, extremism, extravaganza, exultation, exhaustion but most of all they do not give me EXPERIENCE or in your case an expletive excuse.
And that just the ex's.

I am self employed, keep your 'money' i will always be free even if i come at a cost.

Just call me Sweet Charity.

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 11:50 PM ----------

HexHammer;149448 wrote:
Hmmm ..is this poetic justice? The audience takes the credit for the judges role?

Is the Jury more powerful than the Judge?

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 05:49 pm
@Fido,
Fido;149376 wrote:
Isn't that what Socrates said, that the one who does evil on purpose is better than the one who does it by accident... I suppose one may hold out more hope for the one than the other to be good some day...

Would you please share this quote by Socrates as I can not find it and it is hard for me to believe that Socrates would make a quote like this. Do not get me wrong as I have read a quote from him that I believe to be unethical.Smile

mister kitten

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;149747 wrote:
Would you please share this quote by Socrates as I can not find it and it is hard for me to believe that Socrates would make a quote like this. Do not get me wrong as I have read a quote from him that I believe to be unethical.Smile

Socrates said ignorance is evil and knowledge is good.
One who unknowingly commits an act of vice is ignorant.
One who knowingly commits an act of vice is not ignorant.
The latter one has knowledge (good), and the former has ignorance (evil).
The latter is better because s/he is not in ignorance.

TranscendHumanit

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:36 pm
@PappasNick,
PappasNick;149311 wrote:
This definition seems pretty good:

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I never know what this mean!

HexHammer

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:26 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;149737 wrote:
I think philosophy is built on the most simple of questions, the first real questions are the debatable ones.
DEBATE.

I build and paint sets,
i am competent at this,
i am no virtuoso,
only know how to play just one roll.
On my back or front so be it.
As long as i am useful
As long as i am not useless.

Google and the dictionary do not give expectation, expanse, explication, expertise, experiment, expressive, exposure, exploration, explosion, exquisite, extenuate, extensive, extortion, externality, extraordinarity, extolment, exuberance, extremity, extravagance, extremism, extravaganza, exultation, exhaustion but most of all they do not give me EXPERIENCE or in your case an expletive excuse.
And that just the ex's.

I am self employed, keep your 'money' i will always be free even if i come at a cost.

Just call me Sweet Charity.

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 11:50 PM ----------

Is the Jury more powerful than the Judge?
Your ways are defined out of a inner selfish desire of attention, you will go nowhere in life if you don't tame it. It will drag you back each time you attemt to take a step forward. It will lie to you, desive you and make you chase your own tail ..it will laugh at you.

Like most philosophers in here, you spend time asking what should be selfexplanatory, thereby never reach the higher grounds of philosophy, but waste time dragging youself around in the mud, navel gazing.

To deliver youself from this tail chasing, you must ask youself what is your personal cure? You can't spend rest of your life asking simple minded questions (so goes for the rest of the philosophers)

..and yes, in most cases (specially in USA) the jury is the most powerful. Fortunaly in Denmark the judge is the most powerful, and jury are there for the good looks of it.

Deckard

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:32 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;149341 wrote:
Am i a troll????? Not sure i care if i am but am i?

Trolls are a particularly malicious species of attention whore. A Troll is a internet bully and master baiter.

You are definitely NOT a troll. There may be a few prowling around this forum who are half-troll or maybe just quarter-troll but i don't think there are any full-blooded trolls on this forum; this forum is just too high-brow for that sort. I think trolls can overcome their affliction but they have to do it themselves; they cannot be cured or reached by anyone else; they can only cure themselves. Just ignore them.

There are other faux pas that do not qualify as trollishness but they are relatively very minor. For example, personally, I have a pet peeve about using too many emoticons. But that's just me. I especially hate that f*cking lol emoticon Laughing. God, that thing pisses me off! I'm not sure why. I know that some on this forum, including you sometimes sun, like the emoticons and maybe it's my own problem but it just drives me up the wall. Don't apologize or anything, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Fido

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 04:41 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;149747 wrote:

I will try to find it, but my life and my house are both a mess right now, so while I love my books, and preserve them, that quote may be on any of three floors and five rooms, and my be in a box three feet away from me for all I know...I will look to try to get it exact, and of course, that would be Plato, since all Socrates said was that Knowledge is virtue...

sometime sun

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 11:07 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;149847 wrote:
Trolls are a particularly malicious species of attention whore. A Troll is a internet bully and master baiter.

You are definitely NOT a troll. There may be a few prowling around this forum who are half-troll or maybe just quarter-troll but i don't think there are any full-blooded trolls on this forum; this forum is just too high-brow for that sort. I think trolls can overcome their affliction but they have to do it themselves; they cannot be cured or reached by anyone else; they can only cure themselves. Just ignore them.

There are other faux pas that do not qualify as trollishness but they are relatively very minor. For example, personally, I have a pet peeve about using too many emoticons. But that's just me. I especially hate that f*cking lol emoticon Laughing. God, that thing pisses me off! I'm not sure why. I know that some on this forum, including you sometimes sun, like the emoticons and maybe it's my own problem but it just drives me up the wall. Don't apologize or anything, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

It is weird i only use them here, to make sure i am known as being amused or trying to be amusing, because sometimes what i say could be construed as insulting, but i also know they piss me off becuase i may have become to reliant on them, becuase when someone makes a joke and doesn't smile afterwards i worry they are being insulting.
I may be damaging my literate mind by using them.
I agree i should not use them but like seeing them in others. Weird.

GoshisDead

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 11:12 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;149847 wrote:

HA! Master Baiter.... genius, a troll is and does. Both main motives of a troll

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 11:17 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;149847 wrote:

There are other faux pas that do not qualify as trollishness but they are More:drinking::band:relatively very minor. For example, personally, I have a pet peeve about using too many emoticons. But that's just me. I especially hate that f*cking lol emoticon . God, that thing pisses me off! I'm not sure why. I know that some on this forum, including you sometimes sun, like the emoticons and maybe it's my own problem but it just drives me up the wall. Don't apologize or anything, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

[CENTER]:bigsmile:

You love this Post !

[/CENTER]

Fido

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 05:43 pm
@sometime sun,
The troll is the boil on the butt of e philosophy....They always make you want to get off your seat and do something else...

William

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:37 pm
@Fido,
Fido;149888 wrote:
I will try to find it, but my life and my house are both a mess right now, so while I love my books, and preserve them, that quote may be on any of three floors and five rooms, and my be in a box three feet away from me for all I know...I will look to try to get it exact, and of course, that would be Plato, since all Socrates said was that Knowledge is virtue...

I can save you a lot of time fido. I'm pretty good at surfing and I can't evidence that was said by anyone. I don't agree with any of those we call philosophers yet I do find nuggets of truth in what they all say from Thales to Nietzsche. I do have my favorites just as anyone does. Epicurus and Marcus Aurelius being two of them. Aurelius the only King that has ever search for truth and the only one who left his mind behind for others to read his inner most thoughts. I find that extraordinary yet he never thought that of himself at all.

What Soc did say for the most part was evil was ignorance. I don't agree with that at all. I promise you more evil is committed by those who are intelligent than could ever be thought of by those so ignorant.

William

Fido

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 05:40 am
@sometime sun,
I have found my copy of the trial of Socrates...I think it may be in there, but so far me no find...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 12:57:07