RESURRECTION.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » RESURRECTION.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 06:00 pm
Resurrection.

What thread or post are you most proud of?

Forget for a minute that pride could be our downfall.

Some people have been here hours some have been here for years, time to pull out the Sunday best.

What are your most fondest, gratifying, astonishing, delusional threads and posts, sharings and breakthroughs, triumphs and disasters, creativities and extinctions?

What has been you proudest moment here on in the Glorious Philosophy Forum?
Show us.

We must all remember something we once said and made reality of our thoughtful souls here?

What have you learned about yourself and others while being part of this experience?

If anyone makes the excuse this is egotism or narcissim, i would remind you that is in no small part why we are here, to prove or be proven selfs.
Just remember you and your truth are here to be heard and ignored, harkened and deafened, proved and disproved,
but all seeker of our own truth right?

Dont deny yourself it is weak.

We are all here to share aren't we?

And who knows if you bring your most important contribution some one new might find strength you designed, someone new might come to understand your truth and therefore their own a little better.

Dont be selfish with your selfless self. Dont be selfless with your selfish self. Or do so with both.

We are all here to tell the truth aren't we?

Breath new life into old ideas.

I know you all have at least that one line you produced as if from gods and philosophers of old and new, even if you just shared with unappreciating monsters.

Something here made you happy and whole once,
What was it?
I want to know.

If still worried about self advertsement or congratualtion or you are new to the forum find a favourite someone else created.

You could easily call this the favourite thread thread.

Do i maker myself clear?

What have you learned and truely been changed by here?

What do you believe you and your words have changed?

Those indelible words you return to on a drab weary day that make you smile?

Visiting old friends.

This is a practical exercise, I wonder how many of you are truly prideful of what you have accomplished here?

sometime sun, is prideful of his continued presence and participation.

(Lofty ideal i know but i assure you my heart is in the right place. Needs exercise though. Better than accusing you all of being lazy with nothing new to share:))

prothero

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 01:00 am
@sometime sun,
And I thought it was going to be about easter and the resurrection?
Bodily ressurection or just persistence of spirit?
The mighty play goes on and each of us can contribute a verse?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:33 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;148000 wrote:
Resurrection.

What thread or post are you most proud of?

Forget for a minute that pride could be our downfall.

Some people have been here hours some have been here for years, time to pull out the Sunday best.

What are your most fondest, gratifying, astonishing, delusional threads and posts, sharings and breakthroughs, triumphs and disasters, creativities and extinctions?

What has been you proudest moment here on in the Glorious Philosophy Forum?
Show us.

Can not link to Art, Food and Bulbs > Sophia's Kitchen

My Philosophy is pretty basic. Enjoy, work, Celebrate Life
Funny thing is U need Others to do so
Have to amke friends !

I have Friends, but like more !Laughing

Visiting old friends.

This is a practical exercise, I wonder how many of you are truly prideful of what you have accomplished here?

sometime sun, is prideful of his continued presence and participation.

Smile)

Sorry to mess up your post. Was acopy...
I am also proude of sometime sun as a friend
:shifty:

sometime sun

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 04:02 pm
@prothero,
prothero;148109 wrote:
And I thought it was going to be about easter and the resurrection?
Bodily ressurection or just persistence of spirit?
The mighty play goes on and each of us can contribute a verse?

Resurrection of spirit, what do you think this is? My spirit is strong here.
This is the world we must re-enter. Spirit we must re-enter.
The mighty play still goes on but has been to slow for my continued interest lately, so in place of few new ideas i thought some old ones, some favourites would hit the spot.
Perhaps there is no good climax perhaps the lessons of the play have already gone by and i missed them?
I cant believe more people aren't interseted in doing this, i am really disapointed, i know some of my threads are dismissable but i dont think this one is.
Is there nothing you are proud of contributing that i may have missed so i can in turn experience from its resurrection?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 04:33 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;148334 wrote:
Resurrection of spirit, what do you think this is? My spirit is strong here.
This is the world we must re-enter. Spirit we must re-enter.
The mighty play still goes on but has been to slow for my continued interest lately, so in place of few new ideas i thought some old ones, some favourites would hit the spot.
Perhaps there is no good climax perhaps the lessons of the play have already gone by and i missed them?
I cant believe more people aren't interseted in doing this, i am really disapointed, i know some of my threads are dismissable but i dont think this one is.
Is there nothing you are proud of contributing that i may have missed so i can in turn experience from its resurrection?

[CENTER]You can maybe Redirect my anger about trismegisto. He was abusive to me twice and really rude to xris. I have seen no reaction yet from Moderator or Members, Senior or what. It spoils the fun to be with you.
Yes, I take medicins. But I am sure I am more sane than I care to be.

I want excuses from this member of the forum or he should have the honor to leave.

Pepijn Sweep
[/CENTER]

sometime sun

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 04:45 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148341 wrote:
[CENTER]You can maybe Redirect my anger about trismegisto. He was abusive to me twice and really rude to xris. I have seen no reaction yet from Moderator or Members, Senior or what. It spoils the fun to be with you.
Yes, I take medicins. But I am sure I am more sane than I care to be.

I want excuses from this member of the forum or he should have the honor to leave.

Pepijn Sweep
[/CENTER]

What thread was this in Pepijn?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 04:59 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;148343 wrote:
What thread was this in Pepijn?

The thread was "What creates wisdom" in my case. Xris should himslf react; I feel he's able enough to do so.

I wonder what to do in this situations ? I am to proud to be be treated by strangers like this. I am angry and not in a good mood. What do moderaters do ?

kennethamy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:04 pm
@sometime sun,
As the philosopher Leibniz pointed out, if a child is born in China who is you resurrected, but who has no memories of his past life, then there is no difference between that, and you dying and a child being born in China. But, even if the child has what appear to be memories of his past life, unless they are, in fact, of his past life, they are just faux memories, not real memories. So, it those are not real memories, unless the child is identical with the person who died. But we cannot know it is the person who died unless we know that the memories are real. A circle.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:58 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;148916 wrote:
As the philosopher Leibniz pointed out, if a child is born in China who is you resurrected, but who has no memories of his past life, then there is no difference between that, and you dying and a child being born in China. But, even if the child has what appear to be memories of his past life, unless they are, in fact, of his past life, they are just faux memories, not real memories. So, it those are not real memories, unless the child is identical with the person who died. But we cannot know it is the person who died unless we know that the memories are real. A circle.

How would you go about distinguishing your real memories from faux memories? And how would you attempt to prove the distinction?

kennethamy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:00 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148935 wrote:
How would you go about distinguishing your real memories from faux memories? And how would you attempt to prove the distinction?

In ordinary circumstance I would have public check on whether what I thought I remembered, actually occurred. Of course, in the case of supposed resurrection, we have no such recourse.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:03 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;148973 wrote:
In ordinary circumstance I would have public check on whether what I thought I remembered, actually occurred. Of course, in the case of supposed resurrection, we have no such recourse.

So, how would the public verify if you went to the bathroom last night?

kennethamy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:06 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148975 wrote:
So, how would the public verify if you went to the bathroom last night?

I suppose I would have left traces of some kind. Or someone might have seen me. At least, it was verifiable in principle. There is no verification in principle of my apparent memory of a past life.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;148977 wrote:
I suppose I would have left traces of some kind. Or someone might have seen me. At least, it was verifiable in principle. There is no verification in principle of my apparent memory of a past life.

That is not a very convincing argument. Essentially what you are saying is that EVERY memory you have that is not externally verified by "the public" is a faux memory. How could this possibly be true?

kennethamy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:18 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148983 wrote:
That is not a very convincing argument. Essentially what you are saying is that EVERY memory you have that is not externally verified by "the public" is a faux memory. How could this possibly be true?

No, I am not saying that. I am saying that unless it can be verified we cannot know whether it is.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:29 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;148985 wrote:
No, I am not saying that. I am saying that unless it can be verified we cannot know whether it is.

So you are saying that, unless it [your memories] can be verified [by an external source] we cannot know whether it [your memories] is [real or faux]?

We need to be clear here, because requiring an external source to verify the validity of every memory a person has is not a realistic outlook on what constitutes real and faux memories.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:46 pm
@kennethamy,
I am going to be shameless here and give this one more chance to take flight.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » RESURRECTION.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:13:32