Can we think of something new

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Can we think of something new

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:46 pm
I've been trying to think of something new. My imagination works pretty well, but I'm having trouble thinking of something that isn't just another combination of shapes, colors, and situations that are already old.
Solomon once said "there is nothing new under the sun"
Is this true?
Can anyone give me something new?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:52 am
@wayne,
wayne;144399 wrote:
I've been trying to think of something new. My imagination works pretty well, but I'm having trouble thinking of something that isn't just another combination of shapes, colors, and situations that are already old.
Is this true?

Nope. You have to deal with Old Facts, Old premisses, Old People...

You might be able to find Sometings Very Old and present it as new. Many Prophets worked that way. Politicians want New because they are selves/ego's removed from their disrict. They should be questioned every month by their voters. Power to the People !

Old, corny, but it's 10 2 8 here. Mind is still traceless. Coffee...

Bye Wayne !
PepI AMS

Lost1 phil

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:21 am
@wayne,
The fragnetisomy stars are blooming for the very first time, in the Paint Desert of Arizonia. Road trip?

Lost1

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:19 am
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;144583 wrote:
The fragnetisomy stars are blooming for the very first time, in the Paint Desert of Arizonia. Road trip?

Lost1

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:42 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
There are new thought up all the time. They are simply novel combinations of previously exposed to concepts.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 06:33 pm
@wayne,
If you do it, think it, be it, it is completely unique original and inspirational because that is what you are.
Dont hide yourself just because you think it has been done before.
Reiteration, no one has ever seen you before, shine on.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 06:58 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;144657 wrote:
There are new thought up all the time. They are simply novel combinations of previously exposed to concepts.

[CENTER]You are one lucky person with new thoughts all the Time. Mine are old, older & Oldst. Once in a Blue Moonday I'll think. .

Concept as in coplex of Ideas ? A Theo-ry ?

Making a combination is not a novelty. Making a New Order accepeted by the Old Ideals would be New.
[/CENTER]

Pepijn Sweep
:bigsmile:

wayne

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:26 am
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;144583 wrote:

Lost1

I will soon be traveling to New Mexico, I hope to be there just as the cacti begin to bloom, as usual. It may be my perseptions that will be new. The flower could be thought as new, made of old stuff sure, but new and unique each day. While I'm at it, how about babies, new conciousness, that doesn't seem like it's made of old stuff.

The more I think about it I wonder?
Could the Human soul be something new?

GoshisDead

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:25 am
@wayne,
There is a huge difference between new and radically new. Musicians, artists, writers, architects, engineers, chemists... the list goes on, think of new stuff all the time. Just because music and its general schema is not new does not mean there aren't novel compositions. authors, take archetypes, formulas, and stereotypes to combine to make new stories all the time, just because they are stories that are familiar to us formulaic-ally does not mean they aren't new. Now, if people are talking about radically new, never heard of before things not based somehow on previous experience or time honored formulas, that happens very rarely if at all, and would be a very special thing.

HexHammer

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 05:00 am
@wayne,
wayne;144399 wrote:
Is this true?
New from this day? Or new from Solomon's time?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:12 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;146085 wrote:
New from this day? Or new from Solomon's time?

Why things have to be new to be good? Is this believing in lineair progress without any fall-backs?

There have been times people longed for the Old Days, and not just out of nostalgia. Furthermore we might have put to much trust in tech and not enough in people, community and society as a whole.

It would be new to try to safe a livable Earth for our (grand)children.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Can we think of something new
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 12:51:41