Who's Elvis

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 07:33 pm
With all the anonymity afforded by cyber space, whose to say who any of us really is. We can set up our profile any way we like,use any picture if we like, control our conversation carefully, even dumb ourselves down a bit. You could be reading something written by a senator right now. Curious isn't it?
I'm thinkin Kennethamy is really Robert Deniro just killin some time. Smile

sometime sun

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 08:06 pm
@wayne,
wayne;144327 wrote:
With all the anonymity afforded by cyber space, whose to say who any of us really is. We can set up our profile any way we like,use any picture if we like, control our conversation carefully, even dumb ourselves down a bit. You could be reading something written by a senator right now. Curious isn't it?
I'm thinkin Kennethamy is really Robert Deniro just killin some time. Smile

Those faux gods ll get you.Smile

Fido

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:14 pm
@wayne,
I don't know about kenny; but I am not killing time... I am just torturing it until it gives up some secrets...

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:07 pm
@Fido,
Well, if there are any senators on the forum, I may think twice before voting for them. LOL! But there have been a few members who have been very open with their identities, their professions, etc. And of that lot, many of them have been the most productive members on the forum (and vice versa). But in the end, I don't think that your real identity matters as much on the forum, only the content of your posts. In fact, anonymity may be the best thing going for the forum. How many places could you imagine where you could just walk into a place and be judged on equal footing with your peers by just signing up and contributing the best you can.

To tell the truth, I give anyone the benefit of the doubt as to whether they are this or that. It usually reveals itself within a period of time if they were true to their word or not. But to tell the truth, for those that say one thing and are in fact the other, I don't really have that much problem with that either. Some people need a blank slate to reinvent themselves and build their own self confidence. If the forum can facilitate that, then I would support them in whatever capacity they needed. But as I have said quite a few times before, of the few ways we can really determine the character of the people we converse with here on the forum is to look at what they have given us previously. Rankings, profile statistics say a great deal

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:25 pm
@wayne,
I think the anonymity is great, leaves something to the imagination. As for myself, I will try to view all posts with the respect as if they were posted by a senator, or Charlie Rose or something. I think we all are deserving of that kind of respect.
And I might play a few games in my imagination from time to time.

Pyrrho

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:31 pm
@wayne,
How did you know I was here? I thought my bunker under Graceland was more secure than that...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:25:37