I think ...therefore it doesn't matter!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 11:45 am
@bloodninja72,
bloodninja72;143625 wrote:
I see you point. It makes lots of sense, i thought you meant something else, like discartes was saying you have to think to exist, but anyway that must have been a misinterpretation on my part.

No one has to think to exist. Just look at some posts on this forum to be convinced of that.

HexHammer

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 11:46 am
@wayne,
wayne;143626 wrote:
This part stands better ,alone
Tbh ..I don't see anything wrong with my anology.

This is excatly like the TV soap Knight Rider, when the car Kit backs out of the truck, many highly intelligent people belived it wasn't possible, as they would overthink the things involved, with the road going opposit of Kit's rotation direction of the wheels.

There are nothing wrong with my premesis, it's you who overthink the statemen.

HexHammer

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 02:38 pm
@HexHammer,
I have now edited my initial post and thereby my initial idea should be better acceptable.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 02:42 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;143710 wrote:
I have now edited my initial post and thereby my initial idea should be better acceptable.

What happens to the posts following your initial post ?:detective:

HexHammer

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 02:44 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;143714 wrote:
Assumeably nothing? I think k-amy is busy man, who should do more importaint things than come editing his post, just because I edit mine.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 03:25 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;143716 wrote:
Assumeably nothing? I think k-amy is busy man, who should do more importaint things than come editing his post, just because I edit mine.

[CENTER]:bigsmile:
Is it not confusing ? Are the post not become worthless ? Should everything be erased ? Can I remove my first post and dis-appear from the Forum ? If I would want so, but i do not.:a-thought:
[/CENTER]

wayne

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 03:36 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;143714 wrote:

Majical vanishing act :shocked:

kennethamy

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 04:26 pm
@HexHammer,
Since HexHammer's only argument for his view that Descartes was wrong was, in any case, fallacious, and since he removed even that argument, what is there to comment on? An uninformed, and an unargued opinion?

HexHammer

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 04:39 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;143741 wrote:
Since HexHammer's only argument for his view that Descartes was wrong was, in any case, fallacious, and since he removed even that argument, what is there to comment on? An uninformed, and an unargued opinion?
You are utterly wrong, you don't even read what I have said about him. Stop making arrogant assumtions.

http://www.philosophyforum.com/philosophy-forums/secondary-branches-philosophy/philosophy-education/5462-stupidity-real-problem-not-11.html#post126793
kennethamy;126742 wrote:

HexHammer;126571 wrote:
Ignorence only becomes stupidity if it has a negative consequences.

And stupidity is a real problem, if you also have power ..just look at 9/11 -> Iraq War

I am ignorant of quantum mechanics. But that does not make me stupid. And it does not have negative consequences. How do you explain that?

HexHammer;126793 wrote:

[QUOTE=kennethamy] I am ignorant of quantum mechanics. But that does not make me stupid. And it does not have negative consequences. How do you explain that?
Simplicity Clarice.[/I]

"if"[/QUOTE]..at times, you are not the sharpest tool in the shed youself, so don't be so arrogant, and quickly to judge.

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 05:06 pm
@kennethamy,
It has since moved from 'I think therefore I am' to 'I think therefore you are' and maybe beyond.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 02:48 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;143759 wrote:
It has since moved from 'I think therefore I am' to 'I think therefore you are' and maybe beyond.

I "think" is so in-de-terminating. Does a dog think ? Clearly else she wouldn't cope in human society. Thinking without a subject is such an other thing.

[CENTER]Dubio ergO sum is my personal motto since high-school
Pepijn Sweep, Magister SaenY
[/CENTER]

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 09:32 am
@HexHammer,
Maybe it is just a personal equation, beyond that it appears to have no real meaning. A bit outdated? maybe, but it does provoke some thought, only most of us have heard it too many times, doesn't help much in life , so wheres the value.

kennethamy

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:43 am
@wayne,
wayne;144018 wrote:
Maybe it is just a personal equation, beyond that it appears to have no real meaning. A bit outdated? maybe, but it does provoke some thought, only most of us have heard it too many times, doesn't help much in life , so wheres the value.

It's purpose was to discover an absolute certainty, and therefore to have a foundation for knowledge. At least that was Descartes purpose. Those not interested in Descartes project will, of course, find no value in it. So what?

HexHammer

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:47 am
@wayne,
wayne;144018 wrote:
This is excatly what I tryed to convince k-a, to see, yet he exclusivly saw on my faulty equation, when it was the endgoal which was the point.
Imo it's why so many professionals gets things wrong, as they try to look too accurately at things, and are decepted because some factors may vary from their narrow teaching. Books can't cover all situational diversions.

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:31 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144059 wrote:
This is excatly what I tryed to convince k-a, to see, yet he exclusivly saw on my faulty equation, when it was the endgoal which was the point.
Imo it's why so many professionals gets things wrong, as they try to look too accurately at things, and are decepted because some factors may vary from their narrow teaching. Books can't cover all situational diversions.

I'm primarily trying to understand anothers thoughts here, but we each have our own aims. I can't say if they are getting it wrong, depends on what thier end goal is. I am interested in broadening my perspective through your eyes, even thus I am often missunderstood.
P.S. Kennethamys response to my post led me to believe that he did understand

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:32 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;144057 wrote:
It's purpose was to discover an absolute certainty, and therefore to have a foundation for knowledge. At least that was Descartes purpose. Those not interested in Descartes project will, of course, find no value in it. So what?

I am mr. Doubt. I might be convinced about certain things, I learned it by living it. Boox do help, but Life is the best Theacher we now have.

I think ...therefore I Matter & Mind
Philosophy can Teach the Soul:bigsmile:

HexHammer

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:49 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
kennethamy;144057 wrote:

wayne;144083 wrote:
I'm primarily trying to understand anothers thoughts here, but we each have our own aims. I can't say if they are getting it wrong, depends on what thier end goal is. I am interested in broadening my perspective through your eyes, even thus I am often missunderstood.
P.S. Kennethamys response to my post led me to believe that he did understand
Then why didn't he say so from the start, it seems a bit selfcontradicting.

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:56 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144095 wrote:
Then why didn't he say so from the start, it seems a bit selfcontradicting.

I think you are right, K-A is a busy man. I also realise that he is far beyond me in terms of knowledge and understanding. I think K-A often designs his comments to cause us to think for ourselves, he already knows the answer, what would I really learn if he told me directly? Much more I think if I am led to think. See? Smile

amist

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:57 am
@HexHammer,
Hex, he didn't contradict himself. He simply elaborated on his position (more so than he needed to in order to prove his point, the point was proven with his first and second rebuttals of your claim). You have two jobs at this point in the discussion:

1. Read the first two ******* meditations, it's only about twelve pages so it shouldn't take that long.

2. Prove how you can think without existing. If you can't do this then you must admit defeat.

HexHammer

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:59 am
@wayne,
wayne;144104 wrote:
I think you are right, K-A is a busy man. I also realise that he is far beyond me in terms of knowledge and understanding. I think K-A often designs his comments to cause us to think for ourselves, he already knows the answer, what would I really learn if he told me directly? Much more I think if I am led to think. See? Smile
Sorry, I don't buy that.

I do credit K-A with an immense knowledge base, brilliant rethorical skills ..etc, just that like other brilliant irl friends I have, they too have minor weaknesses in their thinking.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 05:58:03