What do you like about your avatar?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What do you like about your avatar?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:06 pm
I see something in mine , he appears a fearsome beast but something about his wing held out like that, as if sheltering.

Jebediah

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:21 pm
@wayne,
I think having a face makes it more personable. I tried for one with a sort of intelligent expression.

Pyrrho

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:29 pm
@wayne,
I like everything about my avatar, which is obviously the most perfect that any avatar could be.

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:44 pm
@Pyrrho,
It condemns the furry death!

chad3006

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 02:48 pm
@wayne,

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 03:23 pm
@chad3006,
I originally got my avatar (1) from Halo (the skull and crown) and it has stuck ever since (2). I also think it is a nice play on the "all is vanity" picture by Allan Gilbert. (3) But it's interesting how things turn out like that, you have this one little image that you use, perhaps only a few times, and then find all of these other neat little reasons why you like the picture as time goes on. It's funny because I have never been much of "skull" person, and yet here it is as my only icon I have ever used on the forum. I also like the bullet hole effect via photoshop (which if anybody would like me to duplicate for them for their own avatar or any other type of effect, I'm more than glad to make it).

(1)
http://i43.tinypic.com/1z14mq0.jpg
(2)
http://i39.tinypic.com/2j5m5p3.jpg
(3)
http://i41.tinypic.com/21kxcp0.jpg

Catchabula

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 03:43 pm
@wayne,
My avatar represents Quintus Horatius Flaccus, one of the greatest roman poets and at the same time a memory of youth. How many hours did we spend on reading his words? They will stick in my mind forever. "Exegi monumentum aere perennius". Yes, he did. I never will...

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 03:55 pm
@Catchabula,
Awe catcha, now I feel so uncultured, Mine is a Southpark reference.

sometime sun

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:57 pm
@wayne,
wayne;143111 wrote:
I see something in mine , he appears a fearsome beast but something about his wing held out like that, as if sheltering.
Yours reminds me of this artist, but i am also thinking it is another, prehaps yours is one of his sculptures?
Maman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mine is a photograph of a light show, brilliance there for but the fraction of a cornea and lens dazzled, then gone as if it had never been there but for a beautiful memory.
Life is light,
sometime sun

jeeprs

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:13 pm
@wayne,
Mine's an icon. It signifies my philosophical orientation (i.e., Buddhist). Neat graphic, too.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:28 pm
@wayne,
I select my ataviar from people who theached me a lot. I lately changed to a picture of my deceased Mother. I realize now there wouldn't be a real me, let alone a ataviar on this Forum. More symbolic meaning is easy to attach, but redundant to me.

We travelled a lot together; seen interesting places. We all-ways stood up for each-other. To me my Memories are more alive than most Philosophy, Religions or Political, Social or Economical System.

Pepijn Sweep
Magister Food & Herbs

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:16 am
@wayne,
What can I say, I like brains. Now I am kind of hungry. Time to find some breakfast.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:22 am
@Theaetetus,
bon appetit ! lekker ontbijt !

G-Thomson

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:29 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
It's Mr.T.
He pities fools.

What's not to like?

cluckk

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 03:41 pm
@G-Thomson,
It is a philosophy forum so I wanted something that was meaningful to me and relevant to the subject matter. I am a fan of Kierkegaard, so I cropped a pic of him I found on the internet to use as my avatar.

mister kitten

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:29 pm
@wayne,
I chose mine because it's infinitely small and I like to mess with your head
Can you see it!?!?!?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:58 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;144216 wrote:
I chose mine because it's infinitely small and I like to mess with your head
Can you see it!?!?!?

Yes, we can !

Sorry, it;s hard to break an habit.
Laughing

Lost1 phil

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:27 am
@wayne,
I'm still searching for an avatar. Perhaps someone out there can help me find something to represent, how great I feel about being 62, even if the body reality of having been used, washed, dried, and folded away each night for all those years is as beautiful as a favored pair of old holely jeans, who has within a heart the desire to allow youths to seek whatever they wish, my job only being there if and when they fall, to encourage a reattempt? Please Please Please do NOT post Mother Teresa I have not one iota of respect for her. And damn -- didn't anyone every tell her about sun screen?

Lost1

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:29 am
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;144587 wrote:
I'm still searching for an avatar. Perhaps someone out there can help me find something to represent, how great I feel about being 62, even if the body reality of having been used, washed, dried, and folded away each night for all those years is as beautiful as a favored pair of old holely jeans, who has within a heart the desire to allow youths to seek whatever they wish, my job only being there if and when they fall, to encourage a reattempt? Please Please Please do NOT post Mother Teresa I have not one iota of respect for her. And damn -- didn't anyone every tell her about sun screen?

Lost1

Can U not find pictures of Tina Turner, Diana Ross or Dorothy (Golden Girl, no Stan)

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands should be Honoured the be U;R Ataviar.
You can find her picture on a stamp. I could -technical speaking- Scan a stamp+coin of Aruba and download it to my pictures. Can you retrieve the file ?

PepI SHS:lol:

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:07 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Lost:
You should do a pictue of Hurley
http://intensities.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/hurley.jpg

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What do you like about your avatar?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:36:43