Pulp Fiction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 08:26 am
I hate to take movies too seriously,but in the final scene of Pulp Fiction there is a brilliant portrayal by Samuel Jackson of his character's metamorphosis into the Philosopher he will become, while equally brilliant John Travolta as his opposite does not understand the search for meaning and believes Jules will become a bum.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Fido

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 09:18 am
@wayne,
My experience of the movie has been like the movie...I have seen bits and pieces of it, never in its entirety...My vision of the whole has always been flawed..

froach

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 09:57 am
@Fido,
pulp fiction tells the story in a**e to elbow sort of fashion and by the end the outcome of both charcters is already known,, so possibly you see more depth in there personalities at the end as you already know whats in store for them?

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:38 pm
@froach,
wayne;142183 wrote:
I hate to take movies too seriously,but in the final scene of Pulp Fiction there is a brilliant portrayal by Samuel Jackson of his character's metamorphosis into the Philosopher he will become, while equally brilliant John Travolta as his opposite does not understand the search for meaning and believes Jules will become a bum.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Funny enough that you mention Samuel Jackson and this particular type of metamorphosis. Though I have seen the same scene that you mentioned, I have noticed how Samuel Jackson always gets into these "I desire" roles with semi-central plot devices. For example, in Pulp Fiction, you have the brief case. And it's always "oooh ahhh" when the brief case opens and this conveyance of desire. Another example is The Red ViolinYouTube - The Red Violin - Le Violon Rouge - Girard &Jackson

xris

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 02:08 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
I thought it shewed great intensity, pity he does not appreciate himself what a bloody good actor he really is.

wayne

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 02:43 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon;142234 wrote:
Funny enough that you mention Samuel Jackson and this particular type of metamorphosis. Though I have seen the same scene that you mentioned, I have noticed how Samuel Jackson always gets into these "I desire" roles with semi-central plot devices. For example, in Pulp Fiction, you have the brief case. And it's always "oooh ahhh" when the brief case opens and this conveyance of desire. Another example is The Re Violin

It just so happens that I own a copy of the red violin, I have not watched it for some time, I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight. Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 02:24:11