Real Feelings?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Real Feelings?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 07:47 am
We always mix up feelings don't we? Feelings of love especially are very tricky. Growing up in the world, reaching puberty, and getting this new feeling can be quite new, and then words come in and call this feeling love. People think that they love their husbands, when in fact, the true feeling there is completely sexual. The other feeling is not love at all, it is only preference over another man, it is only preference of a man with a lot of money than a man with not much money. Children loving their parents is actually only addiction or obsession with parents that care for them or give them materials. Kids that have parents that treat them badly wont really "love their parents" as much or at all than kids who are well taken care of.

The fact that you love your brothers wife, or your cousins new born son, is only an obligatory type of companionship. (hard to explain here)

If a teen who stays home most of the time because his parents dont let him go out suddenly decides to start going out with his friends, then his parents will constantly call him asking him where he is at, who he is with, who his friends are, and all of this will be under the name of caring and love, but the actual feeling is truly the feeling of nosiness, and the feeling of change. You are used to your son being home, so it seems strange that he decided to finally go out, and you dont want this change, because you fear that it may not be as happy as the life you had before, and 2, you are a nosy person that wants to know exactly what your son is up to. Nosiness, and the slow loss of power from the child. Some of these feelings dwell in the subconscious, or the hidden mind, and people dont even know it, and human denial prevents them from knowing it too. Addiction also helps in suppressing the truth.

The feeling of happiness is the absence of sorrow. It could be the other way around I am not sure right now. But seriously, you are in pain or sorrow when you have a dry throat right, like a really dry throat, then, when you drink water, and feel your throat feeling better and lubricated again, you get this quick feeling of euphoria and happiness, and energy that lasts for a few minutes, it is because sorrow or pain leaves and leaves you with an absence of it, creating the exact opposite which would be happiness. You get so used to not being happy, that when it strikes, you feel happy. Kinda hard to describe with words, but you have to think for youself.

Also, I want to describe what fear and love are, not that they exist, at least I dont think so, but if you think they exist, then let me tell you what they are.

Actual fear is being afraid of everything but yourself, it is the opposite of true love, which is loving everyone and everything, and wanting and forming a companionship and friendship with everyone, fear is the opposite, the dislike of people, which we call fear, which we confuse with scared.

Also, love also in a way doesnt exist if you think it does, is because even though you love your wife or your parents, you still do not love Saddam hussein or Satan or osama bin laden, and then, your defence mechanism kicks in and tells you that its ok and of course it makes sense not to like them because they are evil and do evil things, but that defence mechanism is hiding your fear. We are so used to using our defense mechanism to save us that we forget that a defense mechanism even exists.

This is why a person like Jesus, who was known to love everyone, truly can be considered holy. someone that only has love and a connection with others, and seeks connection with more people and has no desire to dislike anyone, truly is holy, and has no fear. this is why jesus had no fear, because he only had love.

When you hate Saddam you fear, when you fear, you have no love. Human beings are incapable of true love, especially in todays world. the only thing we are capable of is lying to ourselves.

Has anyone seen a movie where you have a scary man approach a woman, and the woman yells at the man to stay away from her, well this is what fear is, it is the incapability to connect or bond with someone. You cut yourself away from someone else when you decide to fear them. Your defense mechanism tells you it makes sense to fear the guy approaching you, because he wants to hurt you or kill you, but that doesnt excuse that fact that you dont love him. love is more like a connection if you want to believe that it exists. In the bible, it says that Perfect love casts out all fear, I think Jesus meant exactly what i meant, that when you only seek to love even people that dislike you, then you yourself have no fear, you cut yourself from no one . Jesus is a good philosopher huh? well i know he really wasnt one but I have read some of his parables and they are just way out of time.

What else do i have?? I dont know, i havent slept at all and its almost 7 in the morning lol.. I really love philosophy very much, but everything I say here I have thought about myself, I have never read any of Plato's or Freuds or any other philosophers writings, I only think and post myself.

Dosed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 11:13 am
@dave2770,
fear and love are subjective, as you just proved. how you define fear and love are completely different from how I define fear and love. That makes having this conversation difficult, because we won't reach a conclusion, but yet it's fun and important, because we'll exchange knowledge and ideas and we'll both walk away with something to think about.

in any case, I do want to respond to your thoughts, but I'll need to collect my own first. Smile

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Real Feelings?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:04:23