Angers cure

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Deckard

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 01:40 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;141803 wrote:
What if you are angry at yourself, should you take revenge on yourself, can you?
Should you forgive yourself? can you?

Anger at the self is often really anger at others. Accountability is usually a con. Really, it's all my fault? Do I live in a vacuum? Is there no one else here? Perhaps I made a false step. Perhaps I was distracted for a moment. Perhaps I took a wrong turn. At the beginning of it all there was a simple mistake. No one was wise enough to point it out to me or else no one cared. They just watched me walk down the wrong path. Or perhaps they were distracted too. Perhaps they took a false step. Perhaps they took a wrong turn. Perhaps someone else watched them as they walked down the wrong path.

Anger is really only self defense and once the moment has passed it is useless and without object. Anger is akin to that instinct that corrects the mistake before it happens, that recognizes the wrong turn and the false step.

Someone angers you because they are being stupid, because they are mistaken or perhaps someone angers you because they point out that you are being stupid that you mistaken. The two feelings are very similar and easily confused. Sometimes we blame the other person when we should blame ourselves. Sometimes we blame ourselves when we should blame the other person. It is all too confusing and not worth sorting out. In the end all our efforts of placing blame are exhausting. The only logical course of action is to forgive everyone and everything including yourself.

I still think anger has value when it is new because it signifies that a mistake has been made. It is a self-preserving mechanism. But when anger grows old it is without purpose or object.

I am preaching forgiveness but not forgetfulness. Just because you forgive someone doesn't mean you have to hang out with them after that.

This is more difficult when the person that you are forgiving is yourself because you can't get away from yourself. Then all you can do is...
change.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 01:49 am
@Deckard,
Yes exactly, i think anger is the thing that lets you know something is not right not correct, exactly exactly, CHANGE, be BETTER you never need be angry again.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:06:45