IS CHAOS ?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 03:58 am
The discussion on chaos got me to thinking, does chaos even exist in our finite world? Or is it merely a concept with no way of ever defining it. After all "we got rules man" . i can't think of a viable example of anything that could serve as true chaos, the only thing that comes close is the idea that space never ends but that chaos is all in my brain.
any thoughts?

:brickwall:

Doubt doubt

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 05:03 am
@wayne,
If there was a such thing as chaos it would only occur and could only exist if you named your dog chaos for instance. for something to exist it has to be an object with a location.

that said it seams to me that there is no such thing as chaos. If you believe that everything has a cause and effect as i do then you believe the same. chaos is just a word to describe something observed that's cause is not apparent or understood. Manythings seam to be chaotic to one person but are understood by another. Some things nobody knows enough about to understand and for some reason they call it chaos or chaotic instead of something beyond our current level of understanding.

also it seams that recently chaos has taken on a new meaning of effects being created and invented out of thin air. this is used to explain some theorys but is nonsensical. these theorys often stem from mathematics and are based on the use of undefined terms. evidently alot of mathematicians and theorists dont know the definition of the word communicate or the scientific method.

wayne

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 05:16 am
@wayne,
amen, it's kinda like the difference between understanding where that hailstone that hit you came from and not

Lost1 phil

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:29 am
@Doubt doubt,
Doubt doubt;139261 wrote:
If there was a such thing as chaos it would only occur and could only exist if you named your dog chaos for instance. for something to exist it has to be an object with a location.

I damn you to a world without emotion -- "has to be an object with a location," ... bah humbug.

Lost1

sometime sun

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 05:33 am
@Lost1 phil,
Is chaos anything but that which it isn't?

Sorry but it is the same of the many is isn'ts, but you answered my question rather well, thank you. You may have asked it better than me? no i dont really think so.Smile

But will do this for you;

Isn't chaos anything but that which it is? or
Chaos isn't anything but that which it is?

and both are easily answered, the answer is yes, chaos is a thing.

But i ask, is that thing an isn't? Is chaos an isn't? Is chaos as a thing still an isn't? An isn't thing? No, yes, more, less............ just an isn't.

wayne

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 09:55 am
@wayne,
i'm not sure but you may be multiplying words, word times word equal chaos?

sometime sun

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 10:19 am
@wayne,
wayne;139589 wrote:
i'm not sure but you may be multiplying words, word times word equal chaos?

Chaos all over the place.Smile
I am mad not chaotic, and if we are to believe what we hear, there can really be method in that there madness.
Of course depending on what one hears and what one believes is a madness dependable.

wayne

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 11:56 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;139598 wrote:
Chaos all over the place.Smile
I am mad not chaotic, and if we are to believe what we hear, there can really be method in that there madness.
Of course depending on what one hears and what one believes is a madness dependable.

I dig it I really dig it
the method and the madness
madness thrives on expression
never chaos

HexHammer

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 12:54 pm
@wayne,
wayne;139254 wrote:
The discussion on chaos got me to thinking, does chaos even exist in our finite world? Or is it merely a concept with no way of ever defining it. After all "we got rules man" . i can't think of a viable example of anything that could serve as true chaos, the only thing that comes close is the idea that space never ends but that chaos is all in my brain.
any thoughts?

Anarchy = chaos?
Tsunami = brings chaos?
Telecommunication break down = total chaos?
Key employee falls with a heart attack = total chaos!
Stockmarket break down = total chaos!
Earth quake = chaos?

wayne

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:32 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;139974 wrote:
Anarchy = chaos?
Tsunami = brings chaos?
Telecommunication break down = total chaos?
Key employee falls with a heart attack = total chaos!
Stockmarket break down = total chaos!
Earth quake = chaos?

Chaotic, yes
But that is all action and reaction that appears to be chaos
But chaos is not

HexHammer

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 03:39 pm
@wayne,
wayne;140199 wrote:
But chaos is not
Not what? ..what?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:04:01