humble insistence

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » humble insistence

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:23 pm
Can anything be humble, as to be anything you or it must insist or be insisted?
Can insistence be humble?
Can humble be insistence?

Krumple

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 01:56 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;139074 wrote:
Can anything be humble, as to be anything you or it must insist or be insisted?
Can insistence be humble?
Can humble be insistence?

Insist? I've been sitting here wondering what the heck you are talking about. I know you are wanting to find out about humbleness but where does this insistence come from? What ever you are using, can I have some?

pshingle

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:13 pm
@sometime sun,
If I am correct, you are refering to the theory that to remain humble, one must always be willing to accept the views of others opposed to "insisting" upon their own beliefs to the people around them. If this is in fact what you are refering to, I personally believe that an individual can be humble while insisting upon certain beliefs that they are morally and ethically bonded by.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 10:18 pm
@pshingle,
I see to be humble means to accept, means to lay down the life you hold at the insistence of the wolrd. Insistence will take your soul form you, how can you be humble and still insist your soul remians yours alone?
Perhaps a cure to this could be to be willing and able to give over your soul over all when ever it is not just insisted you do so but so you can be humble to the service of the world that will take more than you have to offer but which you must forever lend.
Perhaps the soul never ends so we need not ever be without as much as we need to survive?
How can one be all humble and still hold on to anything that the world insists it must have of you.
Now can a humble man be part of the world and hold still that he is humble when to survive the world means one must insist upon it?

pshingle

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:42 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;139460 wrote:

How can one be all humble and still hold on to anything that the world insists it must have of you.
Now can a humble man be part of the world and hold still that he is humble when to survive the world means one must insist upon it?

The two different schools of thought are almost impossible to be seen as supplementary to each other. I have often considered this, but by the time I have formulated ideas of how to execute my plans, I get lost in this world of contradiction and hypocrisy.

sometime sun

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 12:59 pm
@pshingle,
pshingle;139758 wrote:
The two different schools of thought are almost impossible to be seen as supplementary to each other. I have often considered this, but by the time I have formulated ideas of how to execute my plans, I get lost in this world of contradiction and hypocrisy.

Agreed...........

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » humble insistence
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:23:16