Understanding

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 09:04 pm
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;136855 wrote:
An easily misunderstood statement, for it can be taken so many ways.

Kenny seems to be taking it to mean, "There is nothing more important in the universe but self, and to understand self is to understand all else."?

While I'm thinking what you meant is more along the lines that one can not take "self" out of the picture when attempting to understand the world that surrounds us all. That we are not any more important than any other portion of the universe and beyond, but our understanding comes from within ourselves?

Care to clarify your original statement above?

Lost1

When it turns out that something that someone said is clearly wrong, it does not follow that he did not say what he said, but said something different.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 09:15 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;137070 wrote:
When it turns out that something that someone said is clearly wrong, it does not follow that he did not say what he said, but said something different.

You cant know something is wrong unless you know something is right?
or
You cant know something is wrong unless you know something is wrong?
How do we KNOW something anything everything?
Other than knowing it?
How to show, how to know?
How to know, how to show?
How to not see?
How to see not?

Lost1 phil

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 08:28 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;137067 wrote:
Just a quick reply may come back with more later;
You cannot hope to understand anything, you cannot come close to knowing anything, if you dont know how to understand if you dont know how to know, both understanding and knowing can only be achieved and trusted when you understand and know what it is about you that is in need of this understanding and knowledge.
How to be and how to do is pure self.
Self is ability to perceive all. All is ability to preceive self.
You cannot be part of the universe if you dont know what it is to be part of something anything.
You cannot be self if you dont know what self is, if you dont know you how can you know them, that, this, then, there, their.............everything?
All understanding starts and ends by understanding how to understand.
Nothing matters if you dont or cant understand it.
If you cant be self you cant be anything everything.
You cant see if you cant see.
You cant be anything if you cant be anything.
You cant be everything if you cant be everything.
You cant be whole if you cant be whole.
You cant know if you cant know.
You cant be self if you cant be self.
You cant be you if you cant be you.
You cant be ALL if you cant be ALL.

I think i make my point? you cant be anything everything if you are not all you are, self.

My conclusion that all that means is that you can not take "self" out of the picture is therefore correct?

Lost1

---------- Post added 03-07-2010 at 08:33 AM ----------

kennethamy;137070 wrote:

What is different is not what he said but how it is interpeted by two different people - no right not wrong.

I will admit my own difficultly in understanding because of his style of writing. Often seems his focus is more on being creative then it is on being clear.

Lost1

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:26:46