Tripped out last night.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Tripped out last night.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 12:58 pm
So I was tripping out last night and had a breakthrough. I wrote out all my thoughts during the trip and it took 34 pages. Basically what it comes down to is time. There is no such thing as time we are forever stuck in this same moment and we can either make it good or bad. When you start something its fun and you are sad to see it end. Even tho when it ends nothing has changed you are still in the same moment that you started in. So you start something else to try and entertain yourself, so there is more than just nothingness.

Jebediah

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 01:39 pm
@Grizzweed,
What's the implication of that?

fast

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 01:50 pm
@Grizzweed,
Grizzweed;136543 wrote:
So I was tripping out last night and had a breakthrough. I wrote out all my thoughts during the trip and it took 34 pages. Basically what it comes down to is time. There is no such thing as time we are forever stuck in this same moment and we can either make it good or bad. When you start something its fun and you are sad to see it end. Even tho when it ends nothing has changed you are still in the same moment that you started in. So you start something else to try and entertain yourself, so there is more than just nothingness.

Try again.

Twirlip

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:28 pm
@Grizzweed,
Now you just need to spend the rest of your life making sense of those 34 pages when you're sober. Smile
(Then you might not need to keep starting something to end the sober moment you're stuck in again.)

Grizzweed

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 04:02 pm
@Twirlip,
You look forward to things in your life and then when they are done you are left unsatisfied. So you look forward to something else or try to accomplish a new goal. Love is the only thing that is real in this world everything else is just entertainment/distraction. Making connections with other human beings is what this life is all about. If you were by yourself and had everything you needed and wanted what would you do? Just keep entertaining yourself just to find you never make any real progress, your still in that same moment.

WhistlerHill

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 05:22 pm
@Grizzweed,
Hey Grizzweed, that's cool. Everyone has their own life philosophy, that does seem to be pretty 'epic' if you ask me. Completely understandable. When I took shrooms, I had this tranquil feeling as though I'm the one responsible for every moment. It may come across as common sense, but it was really revolutionary to me. Even now, years later, I believe that life is a wild journey and the best you can do is be optimistic and try your best. Having a positive mentality can take you far in life, I believe.

Life is, in fact, about making connections. It's always funny to me when I meet someone new and they cling onto their comfort zone. It's a little disheartening to see adults show such preference towards these 'friends' when an entirely new human-being is standing among them. Just think of the astronomically insane odds that occurs whenever you meet a new person. I mean an actual introduction. The odds I was born when I was, as well as them, and to actually meet -- with an introduction, no less! It's fascinating to me.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 07:17 pm
@WhistlerHill,
Go to creative writting and post all those 34 pages.
I might be able to make better sense of you.Smile Might.Smile

mister kitten

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 09:45 pm
@Grizzweed,
Grizzweed;136629 wrote:
You look forward to things in your life and then when they are done you are left unsatisfied. So you look forward to something else or try to accomplish a new goal. Love is the only thing that is real in this world everything else is just entertainment/distraction. Making connections with other human beings is what this life is all about. If you were by yourself and had everything you needed and wanted what would you do? Just keep entertaining yourself just to find you never make any real progress, your still in that same moment.

One cannot love one's self? We were only meant to love others?

I dislike drugs very much.:Not-Impressed:

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 02:59 am
@mister kitten,
:perplexed:
mister kitten;136784 wrote:
One cannot love one's self? We were only meant to love others?

I dislike drugs much.:Not-Impressed:

Dear Mr Kitten;

Off course u can love yourself; it gives u strenght to take loving care of our elderly and infant population.:whistling:

Lost1 phil

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 07:40 am
@Grizzweed,
Reminded me of Janis Joplin and something she once said..."As a matter of fact, as we discovered on the train, tomorrow never happens, man. It's all the same f...ing day, man."

Next time you're tripping, borrow your grandmother's copy of Janis's "Pearl" Album, listen to it while you read Janis's biography, or simply go online and read her autopsy report.

Lost1

mister kitten

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 12:17 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;136825 wrote:
:perplexed:

Dear Mr Kitten;

Off course u can love yourself; it gives u strenght to take loving care of our elderly and infant population.:whistling:

hehe I know Mr. Pep!
Those questions came out of the grizz's post.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Tripped out last night.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:27:59