Hypothetical time travel?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Hypothetical time travel?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 05:23 pm
If we could go back in time and change something 'should' we?

Would this lead to all mistakes never being learned from or because?

Is a mistake necessary in any way?

Is the pain of the past the lesson for tomorrow?

With out the pain would we ever learn anything?

Do we need the lesson at all if the act can be avoided?

3k1yp2

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:19 pm
@sometime sun,
i like the whole line of thought you have goin here becasue i too have done some musing along these lines recently. I wish that you could time travel while retaining knowledge and memory of what lesson you learned. I believe that yes, mistakes and pains are VERY good lessons and contribute to ones overall character. i feel that i have lived a very rough life, and feel that i have learned a lot from my experiences. That doesn't mean however that i dont wish i could change things. There are some things that i would change without thinking twice, but i wouldn't want to lose the knowledge or wisdom that i gained from the experience, so i guess theres a trade off

---------- Post added 02-25-2010 at 06:21 PM ----------

maybe a time travel notebook where you srite things down for yourself to read when you arrive at your destination in time? Then you could read what you wrote and learn from it. Maybe you could record exactly what time you originally left from, to allow yourself to travel back if you really manage to botch things...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Hypothetical time travel?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:18:54