Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 06:29 pm
What things are we that everyone is?

Krumple

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;126869 wrote:

beep, click, beep, beep, pop, ding. Um, does not compute...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 12:39 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;126869 wrote:

Feels like I am facing the Sphinx of Thebe. Guess. Godly Nature, Human Ratio, Animal Threads to name 3.:eek:

Insty

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 01:05 am
@sometime sun,
Maybe all men got one big soul where everybody's a part of. All faces are the same man, one big self. Everyone looking for salvation by himself. Each like a coal drawn from the fire.

Pythagorean

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 03:40 am
@Insty,
Flesh, dependent upon flesh, all helpless before death.

Very Happy

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 04:39 am
@sometime sun,

Lost1 phil

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 06:37 am
@sometime sun,
Other than the physical aspects we are all thinkers.

Lost1

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 09:09 am
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;127029 wrote:
Other than the physical aspects we are all thinkers.

Lost1

sometime sun

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 05:35 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
What is a thinker?

Are we all poets?
Are we all philosophers?
Are we all music makers?
Are we all beautiful?
Just to mention a few possibles.

But what is it that we are?

Is it only us all that take it away from all of us?
Is this something we all are, the denial of all?
(surly all are beautiful, are possible of beauty, does it only count if the other sees it rather than just the owner? the mirror cracked)

Looking for the unification rather than the separation.

What by proclaiming yourself as can you therefore no more deny any other of a self given and recieved position?

crack bang fizzle pop (can you ding once you have popped?)
Are we all listened to or for?

Is this a matter of 'could be as' rather than actually are?

So will expand the question for those of us all who stretch;
What things are we that everyone could be? Born as with the as capasity?
What things are all of us possible of?
(possessing the possibility)
No should yet in sight,
unless could is a should?

mister kitten

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 11:42 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;127157 wrote:
What is a thinker?

Are we all poets?
Are we all philosophers?
Are we all music makers?
Are we all beautiful?

Is it only us all that take it away from all of us?
Is this something we all are, the denial of all?
(surly all are beautiful, are possible of beauty, does it only count if the other sees it rather than just the owner? the mirror cracked)

What by proclaiming yourself as can you therefore no more deny any other of a self given and recieved position?

crack bang fizzle pop (can you ding once you have popped?)
Are we all listened to or for?

Is this a matter of 'could be as' rather than actually are?

So will expand the question for those of us all who stretch;
(possessing the possibility)
No should yet in sight,
unless could is a should?

-A thinker is one who thinks thought(s).
-Some have the potential to be poets, philosophers.
-Music is beating inside your chest. Without the beat you are dead. I haven't decided whether or not this makes everyone a music-maker yet.
-We are all beautiful. Some grow less beautiful with their acts.
-We are all annoying, some time or other.
"crack bang fizzle pop (can you ding once you have popped?)"
-When heating popcorn in a microwave most of the time the popcorn pops and the microwave dings a little while after.

Lost1 phil

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 11:58 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;127157 wrote:
What is a thinker?

Are we all poets?
Are we all philosophers?
Are we all music makers?
Are we all beautiful?

Quote:

Within each of us we are all of the above. The different degrees of each is what makes us each unique, which is for the best, the world could not exist if each human was exactly alike.

Quote:
Quote:

The historical results attempts at unification has been failure. 13K years and we're still as un-unified as ever.

Would not a better idea to attempt be to embrace and ever celabrate that which makes us different?

Quote:
What by proclaiming yourself as can you therefore no more deny any other of a self given and recieved position?[QUOTE}]

I need clarity on that question. Are you asking me what is the one thing I can proclaim myself to be that I know everyone else to also be?

If yes, I can not, for we can only truly speak for ourselves. Attempting to speak for others is always impure.

Quote:
Quote:

All things human--all that is considered good and all that is considered bad we each have the capasity of being. It's our choices which help or hinder ourselves and/or others.

Quote:
(possessing the possibility)?

We all possess the ability to attempt anything we can think of trying -- there are mental and physical levels which make some more likely to succeed or not. It's always best to wish, try, and fail then it is to wish, not try and guarantee to have failed.

Never depend upon someone else to do your wishes for you.

Never ask someone else to love and respect you until you love and respect yourself.

Lost1

mister kitten

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 03:41 pm
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;127908 wrote:

All things human--all that is considered good and all that is considered bad we each have the capasity of being. It's our choices which help or hinder ourselves and/or others.

Lost1

Opinions on good and bad clash. How can we live to be good or bad if we don't know what good and bad are?

sometime sun

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 07:40 pm
@Lost1 phil,
Quote:

which is for the best, the world could not exist if each human was exactly alike.
There would be no such thing as best if we were all the same, but to be the best at something is also sometimes the reason for the un-unified
Quote:

The historical results attempts at unification has been failure. 13K years and we're still as un-unified as ever.
I would have to disagree with this to some extent, i believe we have never in fact been as unified as we are now, and it is only this relatively new thing called self respect, individuality, uniquness that is keeping us from seeing the similarities rather than always the differences.
Possibly still as un-unified but better at hiding it, prejudice is on the decrease i would like to believe. We are in fact getting smarter, at least most of us are who are still willing to learn somehting new not just about the self but about the world.
Quote:

Would not a better idea to attempt be to embrace and ever celabrate that which makes us different?
It may be an idea a good one at that but it is not in our nature to gravitate to that which is different.
We embrace what we know rather than what we do not.

Quote:

I need clarity on that question. Are you asking me what is the one thing I can proclaim myself to be that I know everyone else to also be?

If yes, I can not, for we can only truly speak for ourselves. Attempting to speak for others is always impure.
Yes you got the zest of it, even if i dont like your answer, even if i cant disagree with it.
Quote:

So you are saying that the capasity is choice. Judgement even?
What if, and it is justa what if, what if we have no choice, none of us.
Or we only have the choice that is afforded by that ever always other?
Are we judged or do we judge?
Quote:

We all possess the ability to attempt anything we can think of trying -- there are mental and physical levels which make some more likely to succeed or not. It's always best to wish, try, and fail then it is to wish, not try and guarantee to have failed.
Are we possessed or do we possess? Are our wishes ruled by our limitations or are they ruled by our freedoms? Are we limited or are we free?
Quote:

Never depend upon someone else to do your wishes for you.
Never depend that your wishes cant be fulfilled by someone else.
Quote:

Never ask someone else to love and respect you until you love and respect yourself.
Why not? People are not always taught to love themselves, they are not shown it so they dont know it.
Love is natural but harder to do when taught to hate yourself.
I would aslo say that you cant love yourself truly if you dont know how to love another.
There needs to be something an example to love else the love turns in to bad-love (love because it is natural to us, for us to do, bad because we dont know how, usually because we have been shown otherwise).
We need to love the world before we can truly love ourselves, could easily be the truth.
Even if i agree with your truth does not mean it is the only one.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 03:51 am
@sometime sun,
I loved your peom. Hope U don not mind; I've sent it on to Deckard. I am also pleased to be your friend. I might go to Manchester soon; U live near-bye?

It's the first time abroad, except for Spain, in years for me.

Lost1 phil

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 11:01 am
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;127962 wrote:
Opinions on good and bad clash. How can we live to be good or bad if we don't know what good and bad are?

My answer lies within your question. If you wish to be good or bad you simply choose which one, and live by your defination(s) of that which is Good or that which is Bad.

If you have made the choose to live by what someone else has taught you is good and what is bad and are attempting to live by their defination of what is good/bad - you have choosen not to define good/bad and likely are not being true to yourself. Let me add if that is working out well for you, you should keep doing just that.

If there could actually be a universal consensus on that is bad; and that bad could all be eliminated, the lessor end of that which the consensus thought of as good would become bad. It's in our nature to work towards more knowledge, more understanding, and for the majority to make life better.

I have a question for you -- have you never made the decision that something you have been taught of as good isn't?

Lost1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------- Post added 02-14-2010 at 11:34 AM ----------
sometime sun;128043 wrote:

sometime sun;128043 wrote:

So you are saying that the capasity is choice. Judgement even?
What if, and it is justa what if, what if we have no choice, none of us.
Or we only have the choice that is afforded by that ever always other?
Are we judged or do we judge?
Quote:

Yes, we all have the capisity to choose each of our actions and reactions, and we all decided for ourself (judge) if we believe those actions/reactions to be in our own best interest.

Sorry, since there is no doubt that our lives are all about choice it's difficult for me to answer "What if we have no choice?" Only answer I keep thinking is ... that can't possibly be a fact, if that were a fact we would never need to make a choice.

I don't understand the..."Or we only have the choice that is afforded by that ever always other?"

We both judge and are judged. It's a given on a shared planet.

Quote:
Are we possessed or do we possess? Are our wishes ruled by our limitations or are they ruled by our freedoms? Are we limited or are we free?
Quote:

We are both for each of those questions. We are possessed by our thoughts which we possess in turn. Our wishes are ruled by our wishes to master our limitations and to use our freedoms wisely. We are limited by that which we can not change - we are free to choice how we deal with said limitations.

Quote:

Why not? Even if i agree with your truth does not mean it is the only one.

Why not? That's actually more difficult to put into words than I would have thought prior to being asked the question.

My smartA answer would be..."Because the results of seeking it outside of self suck." Hate to admit but that's about the best I can do for someone (not necessarily you) who does not yet know the rewards of having reached the level of self understanding.

Up to that point the goodness of being loved and respected by someone else are short lived. There is always the return to the questions that amount to ...I do not love and respect myself and I do not know why.

After that point, someone else loving and respecting your isn't necessary, but metaphorically speaking it is the icing on one already delicious cake.

Lost1

Insty

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 06:06 pm
@sometime sun,
We all shine on.
Like the moon, the stars, and the sun.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 06:07 pm
@Insty,
Insty;128248 wrote:
We all shine on.

Until we need not shine any longer.
sometime

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 06:16 pm
@Lost1 phil,
Happy Valentino

Darwin was not right.

Pythagorean

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 07:36 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
To All:

You should use the quote formating correctly.

In order to quote someone you begin with this tag:
Quote:
. Very simple. However, in order to complete the quote correctly you must use this tag at the end of your quote:

Example:

/quote.

Remember to place brackets " [ ] " around the following characters " /quote "

And always remember to place the forward slash sign "/" before the word "quote" in your closing tag.

This will make it easier for other members to read your post.

Thanks.

--

mister kitten

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 09:09 am
@Pythagorean,
Lost1;128187 wrote:
My answer lies within your question. If you wish to be good or bad you simply choose which one, and live by your defination(s) of that which is Good or that which is Bad.

If you have made the choose to live by what someone else has taught you is good and what is bad and are attempting to live by their defination of what is good/bad - you have choosen not to define good/bad and likely are not being true to yourself. Let me add if that is working out well for you, you should keep doing just that.

If there could actually be a universal consensus on that is bad; and that bad could all be eliminated, the lessor end of that which the consensus thought of as good would become bad. It's in our nature to work towards more knowledge, more understanding, and for the majority to make life better.

I have a question for you -- have you never made the decision that something you have been taught of as good isn't?

Thank you. I have made those types of decisions when I wasn't aware of myself. Now that I am aware of myself and beginning to learn about me I would not do what others say if it went against my definition of right.

Quote:

Why not? That's actually more difficult to put into words than I would have thought prior to being asked the question.

My smartA answer would be..."Because the results of seeking it outside of self suck." Hate to admit but that's about the best I can do for someone (not necessarily you) who does not yet know the rewards of having reached the level of self understanding.

Up to that point the goodness of being loved and respected by someone else are short lived. There is always the return to the questions that amount to ...I do not love and respect myself and I do not know why.

After that point, someone else loving and respecting your isn't necessary, but metaphorically speaking it is the icing on one already delicious cake.

Lost1
If you give another the power of your own love, then s/he has the ability to give you love. However, s/he also has the power to take the love away whenever s/he wishes.

Do we all have the capability to love ourselves?

Insty;128248 wrote:
We all shine on.

We are candles. Our thoughts burn, some bright and some dim.
The wax is all the other stuff:D

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:41:26